Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times

Advertisements

Did you all know about the fact that a newsletter has been circulating under Ron Paul's name that has done nothing but publish slanderous untruths about him? This was from 2007 I guess but STILL!

Ron Paul "What Other Candidate Will Say, I Will Pardon ALL People Convicted Of Nonviolent Drug Acts" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 12:39 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Mr. Paul clearly states in that video clip...that he is a 'civil Libertarian.'

Well, why then...is Paul trying to get the Republican nomination for POTUSA?

I guess that I'm 'out of the loop' on that.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 AM

865 posts, read 676,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Mr. Paul clearly states in that video clip...that he is a 'civil Libertarian.'

Well, why then...is Paul trying to get the Republican nomination for POTUSA?

I guess that I'm 'out of the loop' on that.
Because there is a right side and left side to libertarianism. Ron Paul's libertarianism is well within the Republican party. There is a whole level of extreme libertarianism that is nowhere near Ron Paul that wouldn't be friendly to the GOP, and of course, you have a whole spectrum of anarchism after that.
Neoconservatism is actually on the left, but somehow not enough republicans question it's validity in the party.
We also have fascism and authoritarianism on the right, with many republicans that still consider themselves a genuine part of the GOP, how come this doesn't get questioned?
How come those who seek theocracy on the right get a free pass? At least the left calls out their theocrats, but most of them are just religiophobes who call out everyone's theocrats.

We have two broken parties, and as much as you have your personal dislike for Ron Paul, he is not one of the problems.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Because there is a right side and left side to libertarianism. Ron Paul's libertarianism is well within the Republican party. There is a whole level of extreme libertarianism that is nowhere near Ron Paul that wouldn't be friendly to the GOP, and of course, you have a whole spectrum of anarchism after that.
Neoconservatism is actually on the left, but somehow not enough republicans question it's validity in the party.
We also have fascism and authoritarianism on the right, with many republicans that still consider themselves a genuine part of the GOP, how come this doesn't get questioned?
How come those who seek theocracy on the right get a free pass? At least the left calls out their theocrats, but most of them are just religiophobes who call out everyone's theocrats.

We have two broken parties, and as much as you have your personal dislike for Ron Paul, he is not one of the problems.
I agree that Paul is no problem...as long as he gets 12% in the just announced results of a Iowa straw poll..Cain wins with 23%, Romney 22%

Old 10-30-2011, 06:09 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,341 times
I still refuse to take seriously any candidate who can't even poll higher than 3rd place in Republican primary polls in his own homestate....even after running for president for the past 3 years.

Sorry Paul, but the GOP "just ain't that into you".

Old 10-30-2011, 07:26 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Like most libertarians, Paul has some views that are hard right with others that are hard left. He could easily be on either side of the isle, while not really exactly fitting either party.

Quote:
Today's neocons are exactly in line with the cronyism, fascism and corporatism on the hard right. Paul is strongly against this as well. He does call the right out often on this as does every other party. The problem is the GOP has far too many obedient followers that would rather obey than question.

Quote:
Good question and I think this comes from the right wing mindset of thinking their leaders always do the perfect thing, every time and could never do anything wrong, and when they do screw up, they just blame everyone else but themselves. This mindset is what's driving this country into disaster.

Quote:
Absolutely.

Though in the end Paul is only running with an (R) next to his name simply to get elected. In the deep south in his district noone without an (R) is going to get elected. He's also stated numerous times he's a libertarian, but i've never once heard him say he's a republican.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
I still refuse to take seriously any candidate who can't even poll higher than 3rd place in Republican primary polls in his own homestate....even after running for president for the past 3 years.

Sorry Paul, but the GOP "just ain't that into you".
But you probably take Perry "seriously"

What about the fact that Paul is consistently re-elected to his current position in congress by the constituents that he serves?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
But you probably take Perry "seriously"

What about the fact that Paul is consistently re-elected to his current position in congress by the constituents that he serves?
of course he continues to get re-elected, it is a small district and once in, we all know, it is almost impossible for a candidate to be defeated.

Nita

Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course he continues to get re-elected, it is a small district and once in, we all know, it is almost impossible for a candidate to be defeated.

Nita
All of you folks that hate Ron Paul make me exhausted trying to keep up with the baseless excuses you make for him not being able to win. Its getting kind of old and pathetic. To suggest that his elect-ability is any different than any of the other candidates is just irrational.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
All of you folks that hate Ron Paul make me exhausted trying to keep up with the baseless excuses you make for him not being able to win. Its getting kind of old and pathetic. To suggest that his elect-ability is any different than any of the other candidates is just irrational.
Talk about 'exhausted'.....in golf, if you consistently shoot 80, you don't 'make the cut.'

Paul got 12% in Iowa yesterday....finishing 3rd...behind Cain, 23% and Romney, 22%.

That's where Paul stays...in every vote results. He can't break 80
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections