Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Obama will be reelected?
Yes, by a big margin 15 19.74%
Yes, but it will be close 28 36.84%
No 33 43.42%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
And just who would that REAL conservative be?Goldwater's dead in case you didn't hear the news.......
The real Constitutional Conservative is Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Normally I would say no way could he win reelection, given the economy. The problem is that the tea party is completely tone deaf to what a big chunk of the middle class is going through right now, and they're managing to tick off just about every group of voters except for the far right evangelical wing of the party. If they keep it up, and Obama can position himself as the only one trying to help, I think he can win it. Congress has a 9% approval rating right now, because they're in complete gridlock.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I hope so, past time for the GOP to purge themselves of the radicals and Tea Bagger bunch, might as well throw out their rabid racists while they are at it. The far righties can then go form their own Party, which of-course will die on the vine due to lack of leadership.
And a lack of money. The tea party forgets that they rode into office on the backs of mainline R funding. If they start hurting the party more than helping it (and I think we're about there), they're not going to have the funds on their own to run a successful candidate for dog catcher in Sioux Falls.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The real Constitutional Conservative is Ron Paul.
Paul will NEVER get the nomination tho' so it's a moot point...the repubs will end up running some unqualified,flip flopping,talking points spewing idiot like they always do and then everyone's vote will be the "lesser of two evils" vote YET again.

There are several good,decent repubs out there that would make a fine POTUS,but that's not what the repub party wants....Reagan got them in bed with the extremists and now a decent conservative will get zero notice on the radar of the RNC.

That's just the way it is and until the repubs police their own trash up,it'll continue ad nauseum.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
In spite of the on-going GOP comedy show, Obama has no better than a 50-50 chance of re-election.

He's at exactly 50.0 on intrade.com right now. That is up from 47 last I checked about a month ago. He is not going to coast, that's for sure. Who ever the GOP nominee is will look better then than they do now, by def.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
He will coast to a 2nd term IMHO.
Coast, at this stage that is a pretty strong predicition and not based on much of anything; Even the most liberal of the liberal experts are not saying a landslide or even that he will win. I think you might be basing your opinion more on what your heart is saying, more than your head. Will he pull it off, who knows?

NIta

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I always did. Were Romney a regular Christian instead of a Mormon then he'd probably win.
I would like to think you are wrong about the comment "a regular Christian" Will his religion play some roll, unfortunately yes, but maybe not as big a roll as some think.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Coast, at this stage that is a pretty strong predicition and not based on much of anything; Even the most liberal of the liberal experts are not saying a landslide or even that he will win. I think you might be basing your opinion more on what your heart is saying, more than your head. Will he pull it off, who knows?

NIta
It will all depend on the GOP nominee....WAY to early to tell at this point...if this run is like last time and some Palin type character shows up on scene,the repubs will have once again shot themselves in the foot.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I always did. Were Romney a regular Christian instead of a Mormon then he'd probably win.

A 'regular' Christian...as opposed to an 'irregular' Christian? I think you either are a Christian or you are not, but I think I know what you meant. I am beginning to think a lot of the anti-Romney crowd do have an underlying anti-Mormon sentiment that is the basis.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
A 'regular' Christian...as opposed to an 'irregular' Christian? I think you either are a Christian or you are not, but I think I know what you meant. I am beginning to think a lot of the anti-Romney crowd do have an underlying anti-Mormon sentiment that is the basis.
And you FINALLY, would be EXACTLY right!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections