Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No he doesn't look into things. Otherwise why all the cheerleader posts void of facts. If he had, he'd know things like having an alternative to opt out of SS as well as reforming it otherwise it wont be around. He would know Ron Pauls entire basis, which hasn't changed since the previous election, has been to save money by bringing the troops home so we can take care of commitments. But there has to be reform or they'll be nothing left for future generations.
btw we are working off of the war monger Bushs timetable in bringing the troops home from Iraq not Obamas.

As far as hating Americans. Over 4000 Americans have died in the Middle East over nothing to do with protecting our borders and we are less safe because Obama continues the status quo.

Government manipulation in the housing bill destroyed our economy. It hurt the ones it said it would help most by destroying what capital they had when the housing market crashed. That same manipulation, ignoring free market principles, bailed out the bankers on the backs of the poor and middle class. Why would anyone want more of the same unless they have a death wish for Americans and the American economy?

The policies Obama backed failed in the past, they failed us in the here and now, and they'll fail us in the future. It's not the man, it's policy. As long as the status quo exists the same thing that has brought economic ruin to this country will continue.

Not one peep from Obama about the Federal Reserve either. Two things cause empires to fall, expanding their empire and debasing the currency. The Federal Reserve is our biggest enemy. It counterfeits our money by printing it up out of thin air and giving it away. Trillions went overseas to bail out foreign companies. The more things change the more things stay the same.

There are two choices in the next election. Support Ron or support the status quo.
Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
amy not agree with Casper very often, but knowing how he responds, I am sure he studied this closely, he actually examined everything there was to examine about Paul and as for hating Americe: isn't that a pretty strong statement to make?

Nita
Thanks, but I gave up discussing topics with him since as you can see he cannot discuss anything without the typical personal attacks and childish insults that only reflects on themself and their credibility. People such as him have tied their horse to the Paul bandwagon and if anyone dares disagree with the agenda they get to see the side many fanatics dispaly in defence of their Idol.
Yes, I did look into where Paul stood on the issues and his ideas, since when this started I only had a general view of his ideas and plans. Once I did see more of the details I came to the conclusion that his ideas are either not good for the nation or were moves in the wrong direction, that is my OPINION and they can have theirs. I would add that IF his ideas were actually so good and accepted by Americans then explain why in two different runs for the office so few actually back him, his deas would find their way to he forefront if they were so accepted and good for the nation? They will say it is all due to MSM being against him but we know this to be hogwash because not even FOX is backing him as The Man and people are not near as stupid as some want to claim and not as easily manipulated as they believe, talk to people and you learn this to be true. Paul is the only answer for some here, he is not the answer to me and I will leave it at that.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, I did look into where Paul stood on the issues and his ideas, since when this started I only had a general view of his ideas and plans. Once I did see more of the details I came to the conclusion that his ideas are either not good for the nation or were moves in the wrong direction, that is my OPINION and they can have theirs.

So if you believe that Dr. Pauls policies are bad for the nation and would be moves in the wrong direction, then i can only imagine you like where things are now and where they are going presently. I have not seen you offer any other options, only claims that other options existed.

What i wonder is, if/when you get your way and things continue along the same course that they are on, and if/when everything comes crashing down around you, who will you blame? Or will you be one of the few who will actually capitalize on the collapse of this nation?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
so some of these posters are leading me to drink, I guess it is time for a glass of wine and some football. Paul people, what are you going to do when it is over for him? Are you going to disappear from CD?

Nita

Old 11-05-2011, 03:44 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
so some of these posters are leading me to drink, I guess it is time for a glass of wine and some football. Paul people, what are you going to do when it is over for him? Are you going to disappear from CD?

Nita
Don't you mean when it is over for most of us? That is what will happen if we stick with the status quo and do more of the same. Only the ones who have been insulated by their buddies in DC will profit.
Sit idly bye if you wish. I hear the kool-aid tastes better that way.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Nita
And what are you going to do if/when Dr. Paul doesn't get elected and the country continues to fall apart? Status Quo loving establishment statists, what is it going to take for you to think that maybe, just maybe you're wrong? Is the dollar going to have to become completely worthless? Are we going to have to start 3, 4, or 5 more wars? 2 or 3 more economic bubbles? Another 5 to 10 years of recession? What will it take for Keynesians on here to admit their economic philosophy is wrong and it's damaging the country? You guys can keep voting for the Establishment (in whatever form Cain, Gingrich, Romney, Obama, etc) but then you have no right to bemoan the state of the nation as you are directly responsible for the chaos that ensues.

You can sit here childishly and mock supporters of liberty and peace that's fine I'm used to it by now. But just know that while you're busy fiddling, Rome is burning. As a nation we cannot continue on the path to ruin much longer, we're about to cross the Rubicon, if we haven't already. It's simply astounding that we have a man who is running for President, who not only knows the precise causes of our current ills, but the correct cures for them and he is met with mockery and scorn. Liberals often cry about our constant state of war and our eroding civil liberties and conservatives get up in arms over our runaway spending. Yet when a candidate comes along who promises to end the wars, restore our rights, and get the root cause of our overspending, conservatives and liberals make fun of him and continue to support Obama and Cain.

Vince Lombardi What the hell's going on out here - YouTube

Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Thanks, but I gave up discussing topics with him since as you can see he cannot discuss anything without the typical personal attacks and childish insults that only reflects on themself and their credibility. People such as him have tied their horse to the Paul bandwagon and if anyone dares disagree with the agenda they get to see the side many fanatics dispaly in defence of their Idol.
Yes, I did look into where Paul stood on the issues and his ideas, since when this started I only had a general view of his ideas and plans. Once I did see more of the details I came to the conclusion that his ideas are either not good for the nation or were moves in the wrong direction, that is my OPINION and they can have theirs. I would add that IF his ideas were actually so good and accepted by Americans then explain why in two different runs for the office so few actually back him, his deas would find their way to he forefront if they were so accepted and good for the nation? They will say it is all due to MSM being against him but we know this to be hogwash because not even FOX is backing him as The Man and people are not near as stupid as some want to claim and not as easily manipulated as they believe, talk to people and you learn this to be true. Paul is the only answer for some here, he is not the answer to me and I will leave it at that.
Explain why the country is in the condition it is in. Can't be bad policy can't it.
You don't know what he believes in, only soundbites fed to you by the media in search of the status quo. Become informed, it's never too late.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Just because an idea may or may not be unpopular has nothing to do with whether or not it's right. Adolf Hitler was very popular in Germany, but that doesn't make his ideas right or proper. Don't confuse my love of Ron Paul with a personality cult. I only adamantly support Dr. Paul because he's RIGHT, because of his message. His message is a message of liberty, peace, and sound money. He predicted a 9/11 like event would happen, he predicted the housing bubble, and he knows the answers to those problems.

There's a reason the MSM doesn't back him, because he's dangerous to their status quo of crony capitalism, and corporatism. The election of Ron Paul signals the end of the corrupt gravy train. Ron Paul is intentionally ignored, or when he is mentioned he is marginalized.

Fair & Balanced? Political Media Manipulation - YouTube

Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Ron Paul tells the real reason for the oil prices - YouTube

Ron Paul also knows why gas prices are high and how to fix that problem. Romney, Cain, or Gingrich would have no idea.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,815,101 times
Quote:

Nita
You really have no idea the passion and ideas he has generated and passed onto his supporters. A lot of them, who previously had nothing to do with politics, have gotten politically involved since 2008 and slowly, but surely changing the political landscape, locally now, nationally in due course.

"The revolution my supporters refer to will persist long after my retirement from politics, here is my effort to give them a long term manifesto based on ideas and perhaps some short term marching orders" - Ron Paul, in 'The Revolution: A Manifesto'.

Ron Paul - Champion of the Constitution - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections