Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
You really have no idea the passion and ideas he has generated and passed onto his supporters. A lot of them, who previously had nothing to do with politics, have gotten politically involved since 2008 and slowly, but surely changing the political landscape, locally now, nationally in due course.

"The revolution my supporters refer to will persist long after my retirement from politics, here is my effort to give them a long term manifesto based on ideas and perhaps some short term marching orders" - Ron Paul, in 'The Revolution: A Manifesto'.

Ron Paul - Champion of the Constitution - YouTube
Gotta spread more rep around before I give to you but that was a great video, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 06:39 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
IF his ideas were actually so good and accepted by Americans then explain why in two different runs for the office so few actually back him
I don't say this in a negative or mightier than thou tone, but the majority of Americans have such a minimal understanding of economics that they wouldnt know the right answer to the economy if it was wrapped up in a pretty box and handed right to them. Very few people do understand it, and it is unfortunate because the current "solutions" are so clearly not "it" yet people continue to fight for them.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:45 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Just because an idea may or may not be unpopular has nothing to do with whether or not it's right. Adolf Hitler was very popular in Germany, but that doesn't make his ideas right or proper. Don't confuse my love of Ron Paul with a personality cult. I only adamantly support Dr. Paul because he's RIGHT, because of his message. His message is a message of liberty, peace, and sound money. He predicted a 9/11 like event would happen, he predicted the housing bubble, and he knows the answers to those problems.
Thats just it, they never respond to the FACT that he predicted everything that has happened since 2000 ...

It is a FACT that Dr. Paul knows what is going on better than any of the other candidates. They don't attack Dr. Paul right out on anything other than social issues, but only make general criticisms and insults of his political opinions. Their "guys" and the guys that "advise" them have have been wrong all along, and are still wrong, to the point of gross negligence if not out right fraud ... And look at the mess we are in today. The whole time they are acting like everything is okay while the whole house of cards they have propped up is crashing down around us all.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Bring them home and end this mess we have made for ourselves!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 04:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
He's good, I also wouldn't mind:

Tom Woods on the Coming Collapse - YouTube
Indeed! I'm a huge fan of Dr. Woods. Though, I'd rather see him as Ron Paul's VP nominee. He's a terrific public speaker. A debate between Woods and Biden would prove that Biden isn't as smart as the 4th graders he lectures about Obama's "jobs bill".

Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so some of these posters are leading me to drink, I guess it is time for a glass of wine and some football. Paul people, what are you going to do when it is over for him? Are you going to disappear from CD?

Nita
The better question is why do you want to vote for the status quo when doing so only reaps the same poor results administration after administration regardless of the letter (R or D) behind the name?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
So, even the wonderful, and I mean that sincerely, Ron Paul sees that he could not succeed in deleting the Fed, literally! It has usurped the power of we, the people, and is arrogant even at the Fed Hearings, TELLING our Legislators what is going to be- instead of

asking permission for policy.

Sad that Paul can't move for total ending of The Fed and its dictatorial powers, but then I, too know it won't happen, not by anyone's hands.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Judge Napolitano - Vice President
Tom Woods - White House Press Secretary
Jim Grant - Chairman of the Federal Reserve
Peter Schiff - Secretary of the Treasury
Michael Scheuer - Secretary of State

Other folks whom I think would make great cabinet additions in the Ron Paul administration in some way are:
James G. Rickards
Jim Rogers
Karen Kwiatkowski
Kevin Gutzman
Lew Rockwell
Walter Block
Joseph Salerno

If you don't know any of the above, look them up. They are the Who's Who of the whole libertarian/Austrian School/gold standard movement. Together, these folks will make a great tag team and would kick some serious Fed and government ass.
Disagree, Napolitano needs to be a SCOTUS appointee,
Woods for VP.
End The FED. (eliminate position)
Agree with Schiff for Sec. of Treasury
Lew Rockwell for Chief of Staff (been there done that for Paul already)

Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed! I'm a huge fan of Dr. Woods. Though, I'd rather see him as Ron Paul's VP nominee. He's a terrific public speaker. A debate between Woods and Biden would prove that Biden isn't as smart as the 4th graders he lectures about Obama's "jobs bill".
Yes, Dr. Woods is the man. If Ron can get to the White House Woods needs to be involved in the Administration in some way, he's too brilliant a mind not to be.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
So, even the wonderful, and I mean that sincerely, Ron Paul sees that he could not succeed in deleting the Fed, literally! It has usurped the power of we, the people, and is arrogant even at the Fed Hearings, TELLING our Legislators what is going to be- instead of

asking permission for policy.

Sad that Paul can't move for total ending of The Fed and its dictatorial powers, but then I, too know it won't happen, not by anyone's hands.
It is in the hands of the congress ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections