Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 AM

212 posts, read 126,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Bill Oreilly is an idiot, but he's right. Ron Paul supporters spam online polls like nobody's business.

If only internet bots were allowed to vote, Ron Paul would win the presidency in a landslide....it's too bad RP'ers can't translate bots into actual votes.
Bots don't work on most online polls. One vote per IP address. True, MSM is doing everything to ignore Dr. Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No one wants Ron Paul..cos if he was elected...his honesty would destroy the system...heaven forbid that the nation have to become honest...it might even help in the recovery of old fashioned prosperity! But nooooooo. people would rather have dis-honest and a struggle to catch the carrot at the end of that very long stick - a carrot that no one will ever have other than a small few...who YOU will elect...along with their friends who will crunch down on said carrot in unison...leaving a nation to believe in something they should not believe in...America will never learn - that honesty is the best policy - RON PAUL might as well be from another planet.

That's exactly the reason! Politics have become nothing more than like a sporting event, or a reality tv show! And American people buy it hook line and sinker! A local talk show host here in Cleveland very simply said that there ISN'T anything left in this country that isn't corrupt!

I would love to think otherwise, and I plan on voting for the guy, but sadly he has an uphill battle! Oh well, at least none of the current hacks in the Republican party, or Democratic party will get my vote!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
I'm going third party if he doesn't get the nomination. I did "lesser of two evils" last time and can't justify it this time around.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:19 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
He can run as a Libertarian. He can be written in. I know I am so ready for something DIFFERENT in Washington. We have become a nation of warmongers, and paupers. Getting the GOP nomination is like getting the booby prize at a birthday party.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
None of the current candidates have a chance of beating the President. If you did a poll of registered republicans on who wouldn't they vote for, you'd find the support against most of them, pretty much guarantees a second term. If the mission is just to beat Obama, then they need to get someone who can beat him, rather then the daily poll favorite.

An in my opinion, the only person who can beat him is............Hillary Clinton.
So if that is the mission (to take him out of the white house), they better go out and recruit the person who can do it.

Last edited by plannine; 11-09-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
I'm going third party if he doesn't get the nomination. I did "lesser of two evils" last time and can't justify it this time around.
Well, good!

You're developing a conscience.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:42 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
Doesn't matter who you vote for........you end up with a politician.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM

212 posts, read 126,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Doesn't matter who you vote for........you end up with a politician.
Just make sure it's a constitutional politician.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
You may be right, but Ron Paul would NEVER get the nomination of a political party that is the party of national security neocons, religious + social conservatives, and big business interests.

Never gonna happen. As I said before, you would have better luck getting Democrats to vote for Karl Rove if he switched party affiliation and decided to run in the Dem primaries.

Class begins. Simple..Ron Paul can NEVER be the Republican nominee....because he is NOT a Republican!!

Paul is a Libertarian. Republican Conservatives will not allow a Lib to take over their party. -- Why is that so difficult for the 'Paulies' to understand?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Class begins. Simple..Ron Paul can NEVER be the Republican nominee....because he is NOT a Republican!!

Paul is a Libertarian. Republican Conservatives will not allow a Lib to take over their party. -- Why is that so difficult for the 'Paulies' to understand?
Yeah!

When are people going to wake up and realize that Republicans have INTEGRITY!

When? When?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections