Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times

Advertisements

Pandering and free stuff tends to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Again and again, i fail to see what a person's ethnicity or race has to do with politics. Are "Latinos" or "hispanics" just a bunch of mind numb followers, slaves to some sort of political ideology based upon their DNA?
No, we just know which party's rhetoric and policies are more hostile to our interests............

Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I doubt if old Rob even knows about that executive order. I am sure that he doesn't know why Obama did it if he does know.

I do wonder how many of the Hispanics mentioned in that story will have their votes thrown out because they are illegal aliens.
None. That's the master plan. Illegal aliens are going to carry Obama to victory.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
^ thank you Lucario and I posted this article to show how hostile conservatives are towards hispanics of which I happen to be one of. The GOP & Conservatives are hostile to hispanics yet they think it's only about "illegals" issues. One can see through their thinly veiled racism. Oh and by the way I am of hispanic descent just not Mexican. Hint Hint try Marco Rubio's descent since I am cut from the same cloth. The GOP offers nothing to hispanics but insults.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ thank you Lucario and I posted this article to show how hostile conservatives are towards hispanics of which I happen to be one of. The GOP & Conservatives are hostile to hispanics yet they think it's only about "illegals" issues. One can see through their thinly veiled racism. Oh and by the way I am of hispanic descent just not Mexican. Hint Hint try Marco Rubio's descent since I am cut from the same cloth. The GOP offers nothing to hispanics but insults.

No, you got that wrong.

How do Latinos interests differ from Whites, Blacks, Asians etc?

What makes Latinos special? What makes them stand out. Hint: Most illegal aliens in this country are Latino.

I will not support illegal immigration just to put a smile on the face of someone who came from South of the border...to make them like me. This country has laws. Period...and apparently it does not apply to everyone.

If most illegals happen to be Latinos and feel like they are being "discriminated" against, whose fault is that?

Why do they feel the need to run their mouths every time a law that targets illegal immigration is passed? They have made themselves a target over and over and over...

I am sick of this BS....and getting more sick as days go by. My relatives (father, uncle and aunts) from south of the border came to this country legally and were treated like traitors by their own compadres and comadres many times because they did not support illegal immigration. Their own kind was the first one to say they were haters because they REFUSED to support illegal immigration. It happens all the time.

Marco Rubio takes a hard line on immigration - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

"The backlash has intensified in recent days after Rubio reiterated his positions on immigration in a national Spanish-language interview, leading some Hispanic leaders to accuse him of placing his political ambitions above the needs of his community."

Activists say Obama aide Cecilia Munoz has ‘turned her back’ on fellow Hispanics - The Washington Post

"The highest-ranking Hispanic official in the Obama White House is being targeted as a traitor by fellow Latinos in a highly personal, ethnic-based campaign against the president’s deportation policies.

Cecilia Munoz, who was a longtime immigrant rights activist before being named President Obama’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has emerged as a key defender of the administration’s policies, directly rebutting complaints from Hispanic activists that the government has unfairly targeted harmless people and torn families apart."

The fact that the majority of illegals also REFUSE to assimilate, that I have to hear this "Press 2 for Spanish" BS every time I place a phone call to XYZ is what is making Americans more fed up by the minute. We all know Hispanic Americans can speak English. We all know this bi-lingual BS is to cater to that group who felt it was so special it couldn't wait in line.

I would feel the EXACT same way if most illegals in this country were from Sweden...Germany. Illegal aliens are law breakers in this country and I could care less where they come from. They all need to GTFO.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 11-10-2011 at 08:01 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No, we just know which party's rhetoric and policies are more hostile to our interests............
hostile = cutting back on how much free crap you get? Gotcha.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Among registered Latino voters in the 21 most Latino-heavy states, Obama’s advantage is far greater, exceeding two-to-one margins in every case. The president is up 65 percent to 22 percent on Cain, 67 percent to 24 percent on Romney and 68 percent to 21 percent on Perry.

Source:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...latino-voters/

I saw this poll yesterday on Univision's nightly national telecast but apparently the English speaking media has ignored it. The amount of hispanics who voted is expected to double from 6.6 million in 2008 to 12.2 million in 2012. This obviously is very good news for President Obama.

Wow, Great! Now Obama just has to hope that every voter is Latino!

Now, back in the realm of reality. Obama carried the election in 2008 by the support of the independents. No independent will support him in 2012. Every liberal will support him in 2012. No conservative will support him in 2012.

Simple math- Obama loses in a landslide.

The liberals can grasp at the straws of hope that some minor demographic will come through and condemn the US to four more years of Obama. The facts are that most people are independents and that independents no longer support Obama. Result? Obama loses in a landslide. Obama is like Carter in nearly every way-

a. well meaning
b. incompetent
c. polarizing
d. economic failure
e. nation in despair
f. made to look weak by the Iranians
g. very poor energy policy
h. surrounded by incompetent, inept academic liberals
i. one term president
j. loses election in a landslide to opponant
k. becomes bitter, anti-American post president

It was like it was scripted.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:34 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow, Great! Now Obama just has to hope that every voter is Latino!

Now, back in the realm of reality. Obama carried the election in 2008 by the support of the independents. No independent will support him in 2012. Every liberal will support him in 2012. No conservative will support him in 2012.

Sweeping generalizations there. I had no idea that spoke for every independent voter in the United States. Impressive.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
hostile = cutting back on how much free crap you get? Gotcha.

I'm still waiting for all the free crap we're supposed to be getting. I guess I'm too busy working my 60- to 70-hour weeks to go pick it up.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm still waiting for all the free crap we're supposed to be getting. I guess I'm too busy working my 60- to 70-hour weeks to go pick it up.
You have been getting free opinions on CD from conservatives with absolutely no facts to back them up. The only thing that we don't want they are giving to us in huge quantities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections