Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times

Advertisements

When are you guys going to STOP this foolishness? You know the whole world is worried about our collective sanity, right?

Cookies disabled? | Concord Monitor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:39 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Question Birthers...

Is the term more synonomous with imbecle, moron, or idiot?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
When are you guys going to STOP this foolishness? You know the whole world is worried about our collective sanity, right?

Cookies disabled? | Concord Monitor
Hey now, you guys need to quit dissing the birthers. Where would I go for my comedy fix without Orly Taitz and her flying monkeys?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:42 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
And he was vetted soooo well by the leftist media before his election.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
And he was vetted soooo well by the leftist media before his election.
I love this meme. Obama announced his candidacy on February 10, 2007 and then was in the spotlight for the next 20 months. Do you not remember the long, blistering primary season between Obama and Clinton that didn't end until June of 2008? To say he wasn't vetted is to say that you spent those 20 months in a cave somewhere without access to Fox News or right wing talk radio. Just because the right couldn't find anything damning on Obama in all that time does not mean he wasn't vetted.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I love this meme. Obama announced his candidacy on February 10, 2007 and then was in the spotlight for the next 20 months. Do you not remember the long, blistering primary season between Obama and Clinton that didn't end until June of 2008? To say he wasn't vetted is to say that you spent those 20 months in a cave somewhere without access to Fox News or right wing talk radio. Just because the right couldn't find anything damning on Obama in all that time does not mean he wasn't vetted.
He was never vetted, he just had his a$$ kissed by the press and the people who were supposed to vet him....

Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
And of course McCain with all his millions and Clinton with all her worldwide connections would NEVER have checked for anything they could have used to discredit him while they were trying desperately to beat him in the election....right? And Murdoch.....who has now been PROVEN to use his "news" organizations to spy on everyone NEVER would have checked on anything that would have discredited him. You people are just living in lala land. And that is putting it kindly.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
If the R's continue on this track will assure Obama's reelection.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He was never vetted, he just had his a$$ kissed by the press and the people who were supposed to vet him....
Riiiiight. Fox news was in the bag for Obama--they did no investigation of him because they were kissing his a$$. Rush Limbaugh was shilling for him daily on his radio program. Everyone on the right simply backed off for 20 months and handled him with kid gloves. Tapes of Rev. Wright didn't play 24/7 on Fox and right wing radio for months. Everybody just sat back quietly for close to two years and did and said nothing against Obama. No one scoured his background, searching for dirt. Is that what you're saying?

What a stupid comment.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:04 PM

26,574 posts, read 14,444,771 times
orly got an earful from the republican majority leader from the NH house of representatives for her little theatrics:

"On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM,
D.J. Bettencourt (redacted) wrote:
Dr. Taitz,

It takes an extraordinary circumstance for me to bother taking time to respond to the gobbledygook that is the “birther” movement. However, your call on House leadership to begin the process of removing Secretary of State Bill Gardner calls for such response.

First, I would like to address your conduct at the Ballot Law Commission hearing on Friday (11/18). Your outburst was unbecoming of any legitimate political dialogue, never mind one as ridiculous as the continued obsession over President Obama’s birth place. I have spoken to the Representatives who were present and expressed to them my strong desire that they immediately disassociate themselves from you and this folly. This country has an opportunity in less than a year to replace this President and it is my fervent hope that we will do so. However, I wholeheartedly reject your request to remove Secretary Gardner or any attempt to bring a criminal complaint of elections fraud or treason.

Bill Gardner is a New Hampshire treasure who has worked tirelessly for Granite Staters and the preservative of our special political culture. The fact that he has drawn this ire establishes his good judgment. Were Secretary Gardner to even entertain your request he would be putting New Hampshire’s “First in the Nation” Primary in grave danger. Please, Dr. Taitz, go away and leave New Hampshire alone.

Sincerely,

D.J. Bettencourt
Majority Leader
New Hampshire House of Representatives"

BadFiction - a look at bad movies and worse politics: Dispatches from Birtherstan - 19-21 November 2011

got to love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections