Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,161,073 times

Advertisements

Our political system is a FARCE!!!! We have to get the money out of politics! I dont know much about Roemer, but it is a sad state of affairs that someone who was in Congress for 8 years, was a governor and most importantly founded a community bank with approximately $650 million in assets that took no bailout money from the federal government. What the hell is wrong with folks????

I saw him being interviewed, and I thought , "wow", he has a message, he has experience, but yet, I guess he isnt volatile enough to make the cut. smdh

Again, I just think its sad that he is not being given an opportunity in the debates, due to rules that force you to raise money and sell your soul to corporate interests. I always thought governors had some of the best experience to prepare them for the job of President, except, Rick Perry, we will remove him from the dataset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,650,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Our political system is a FARCE!!!! We have to get the money out of politics! I dont know much about Roemer, but it is a sad state of affairs that someone who was in Congress for 8 years, was a governor and most importantly founded a community bank with approximately $650 million in assets that took no bailout money from the federal government. What the hell is wrong with folks????

I saw him being interviewed, and I thought , "wow", he has a message, he has experience, but yet, I guess he isnt volatile enough to make the cut. smdh

Again, I just think its sad that he is not being given an opportunity in the debates, due to rules that force you to raise money and sell your soul to corporate interests. I always thought governors had some of the best experience to prepare them for the job of President, except, Rick Perry, we will remove him from the dataset.

.....and will the real Mitt Romney...Please stand up?

People are so dubious...'er, skeptical of Romney! - Don't trust him!

Wait a second, who's Roemer? Is he a new candidate?

Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,821,719 times
I like Buddy and was hoping he would come out strong. He never put together an organization, a necessary step to get any media momentum, and he spends too much time on twitter. Running for office is one thing, campaigning successfully is another.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM

49 posts, read 42,134 times
from what I read he should have challeneged Obama in the Democratic primary, since he fits much better into the dem fold than gop.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,132,157 times
He's saying he might run third party now. He doesn't gain traction because he is a little off-kilter to say the least.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:38 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,500,782 times
Talk about having no name recognition...

Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,280,990 times
Quote:

I think you are right, you don't know much about politics: Just having a message that some might be able to buy into doesn't mean a candidate can attact enough support to make his message heard. Look at Cain, he had no money and look how far he has come until recently. It takes more than money, It takes a message people can relate to, it takes organization and it takes exposure. He doesn't have any of this.

Nita

Old 11-30-2011, 08:26 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,277,853 times
Quote:

Simple answer, he is not bought and paid for by the big boys.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,277,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think you are right, you don't know much about politics: Just having a message that some might be able to buy into doesn't mean a candidate can attact enough support to make his message heard. Look at Cain, he had no money and look how far he has come until recently. It takes more than money, It takes a message people can relate to, it takes organization and it takes exposure. He doesn't have any of this.

Nita
It also takes someone to sell your soul to who has deep pockets. Not that many people heard of Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain until the Koch brothers got a hold of him.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,161,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita

Nita, obviously you cant read. I didnt say I didnt know much about politics, I said I didnt know about Roemer. I know plenty about politics. Obviously just having a message isnt enough, duh, that wasnt the point of my post. It is clear others understood my post. It is ridiculous that someone with his background cant get traction, and idiots like Cain can. It just proves, as I said, that until we get the money out of the process, it is all a farce. There should be no reason, that someone with Roemer's experience, shouldnt be a viable candidate. That doesnt mean he is the best candidate, but it is sad, that his voice isnt part of the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections