Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

Nobody Is Out In Iowa Yet - Perry has high positives.

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry, whom some pundits had written off as the GOP's nominee, may find a second coming in Iowa, if new poll data holds up...One of the poll’s most interesting findings: 67 percent of respondents overall — and a whopping 75 percent who are leaning toward former House Speaker Gingrich — state that they still may change their minds. "

(So, I guess don't count out anyone just yet in Iowa)

Perry Could Rise in Iowa, Polling Data Shows

Rick Perry:

strongly positive rating has jumped 6 points
67% positive rating among Iowas caucus goers
78% positive rating among self-identified tea party members
71% positive rating among Iowa undecideds

It's being attributed to heavy duty advertising something Gingrich doesn't have but Ron Paul does.

New Hampshire Right To Life group Endorses Perry

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry earned an endorsement from New Hampshire's anti-abortion group Right to Life on Tuesday...cited Perry's actions to shutdown Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas, including millions for pregnancy resource centers and prohibiting tax-funded abortions in his state budget, signing a ban on late-term abortions and a law that requires a doctor to perform a sonogram on an expectant mother before performing an abortion."

Perry earns nod from N.H. anti-abortion group - The Hill's Ballot Box

The key here is getting other Right to Life groups in other states to also jump on the bandwagon.

Steve Forbes Sticks With Perry

"'I’ve known Rick Perry since over 10 years ago when he first became governor and put in some excellent reforms to their legal system in Texas — especially against tort lawyers,' Forbes said. 'I think [his] positive policies — especially on the flat tax, and energy, and other areas— I think will hold him in good stead as people finally make up their minds in January and February,' he said."

Steve Forbes: Perry Has 'Chance to Move Up'

Hayley Barbour Says Don't Count Perry Out

“I think people make the mistake of writing off Rick Perry and believe he can’t come back. He’s got a mountain to get over, but I don’t think it’s impossible. Both Newt and Romney have a lot of support, but I don’t think it’s a two-man race. I think Perry could get back in it with Gingrich and Romney.

Interview with Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi at the RGA Meeting - NYTimes.com

Just last year he was down 20 points to Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Texas Republican Governor’s primary. Perry came back to win that race 51% to 30%.

Haley Barbour: Don't Write Off Rick Perry | Red Dog Report (http://reddogreport.com/2011/12/haley-barbour-dont-write-off-rick-perry/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,028 times
So with this Right to Life group throwing their support behind Perry... do you think the social conservative tide could be about to turn to Perry? (Not that any particular candidate has really attracted them).

Rick obviously hopes so with that new ad of his...

Old 12-07-2011, 01:46 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
My money is still on Romney because the party fat cats are behind him, but he is really looking weak now. If anyone at all comes out of the primary process to beat him it will be Perry. I think he is the only viable candidate outside of Romney. Perry has a lot of what it takes to win: money. Gingrich will be kicked to the side of the road very soon.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
and I was just told by hubby, Steve Forbes endorsed Perry..I know endorsements don't make a huge difference, but it is good to know others are looking at him.

Nita

Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
So with this Right to Life group throwing their support behind Perry... do you think the social conservative tide could be about to turn to Perry? (Not that any particular candidate has really attracted them).

Rick obviously hopes so with that new ad of his...
I like that new ad but my favorite Perry ad ran the last time he was running for governor. It was a series of stats on how great things are in Texas and all of the accolades and awards by Business Groups. I saw it right before he declared. It's not this one but this one is a very good one, too:

Campaign Ads: Rick Perry 2010 Governor Race - YouTube

And here is a compilation of his political ads through 2006. I like the Agriculture Commissioner ones although it might make northeastern liberals freak.

Rick Perry: Through the Years - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
I noticed Rick Perry's relative high positives in some of the polling yesterday. I think it might be a reaction to Newt as the 'tea party' flavor and the evangelical's that just can't justify supporting him.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I noticed Rick Perry's relative high positives in some of the polling yesterday. I think it might be a reaction to Newt as the 'tea party' flavor and the evangelical's that just can't justify supporting him.
I think you are right...the Evangelicals imo are starting a "Anyone but Newt" crusade....to run concurrent with their tri-weekly televised "praise-a-money-a-thon" where their god (unfortunately for them,not the one true GOD) will threaten to kill them if you do not send in your life savings to them and also vote for the farthest right wing air head running on the repub ticket.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Nobody Is Out In Iowa Yet - Perry has high positives.

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry, whom some pundits had written off as the GOP's nominee, may find a second coming in Iowa, if new poll data holds up...One of the poll’s most interesting findings: 67 percent of respondents overall — and a whopping 75 percent who are leaning toward former House Speaker Gingrich — state that they still may change their minds. "

(So, I guess don't count out anyone just yet in Iowa)

Perry Could Rise in Iowa, Polling Data Shows

Rick Perry:

strongly positive rating has jumped 6 points
67% positive rating among Iowas caucus goers
78% positive rating among self-identified tea party members
71% positive rating among Iowa undecideds

It's being attributed to heavy duty advertising something Gingrich doesn't have but Ron Paul does.

New Hampshire Right To Life group Endorses Perry

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry earned an endorsement from New Hampshire's anti-abortion group Right to Life on Tuesday...cited Perry's actions to shutdown Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas, including millions for pregnancy resource centers and prohibiting tax-funded abortions in his state budget, signing a ban on late-term abortions and a law that requires a doctor to perform a sonogram on an expectant mother before performing an abortion."

Perry earns nod from N.H. anti-abortion group - The Hill's Ballot Box

The key here is getting other Right to Life groups in other states to also jump on the bandwagon.

Steve Forbes Sticks With Perry

"'I’ve known Rick Perry since over 10 years ago when he first became governor and put in some excellent reforms to their legal system in Texas — especially against tort lawyers,' Forbes said. 'I think [his] positive policies — especially on the flat tax, and energy, and other areas— I think will hold him in good stead as people finally make up their minds in January and February,' he said."

Steve Forbes: Perry Has 'Chance to Move Up'

Hayley Barbour Says Don't Count Perry Out

“I think people make the mistake of writing off Rick Perry and believe he can’t come back. He’s got a mountain to get over, but I don’t think it’s impossible. Both Newt and Romney have a lot of support, but I don’t think it’s a two-man race. I think Perry could get back in it with Gingrich and Romney.

Interview with Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi at the RGA Meeting - NYTimes.com

Just last year he was down 20 points to Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Texas Republican Governor’s primary. Perry came back to win that race 51% to 30%.

Haley Barbour: Don't Write Off Rick Perry | Red Dog Report (http://reddogreport.com/2011/12/haley-barbour-dont-write-off-rick-perry/ - broken link)

Look, emily, oops, LauraC, the 'emilybh' of Perry 'shills'...Perry's Ad, ''Strong'' is what is needed to be for a leader of a Country to Stand-up' for.

But, you're over the edge, trying to hope or believe Perry is what America wants or needs...regarding his other bad, inept ideas. Perry IS TOAST! - Like Herman Cain, he exposed too many mental Deficiencies to be trusted as POTUSA.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:30 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I was just told by hubby, Steve Forbes endorsed Perry..I know endorsements don't make a huge difference, but it is good to know others are looking at him.

Nita
It's GOOD to know others are looking at Perry???

Don't you mean, it's SAD that a once great political party is so pathologically sick, that it is willing to give a second, third, and fourth chance to a candidate who has demonstrated without a doubt that he is the DUMBEST S.O.B. ever to run for president? Because the rest of their candidates REALLY suck?

The GOP has become a national joke.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times
Oh, Laura, PLEASE ()

Last edited by quality guy; 12-07-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections