Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times

Advertisements

I am not sure this has been posted on here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...O_graphic.html

In race for campaign funds from billionaires, Romney outpaces Obama - The Washington Post

No wonder the media ignores Ron Paul! The rich folks who are in control don't like him.

He is for the PEOPLE..

I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 03:49 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I think the rich and the corporations want to curry favor with those they expect to win or have a shot at winning the election. As Paul has none, there is no point in giving him money.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think the rich and the corporations want to curry favor with those they expect to win or have a shot at winning the election. As Paul has none, there is no point in giving him money.
Another way to consider that is that no one who cannot be bought by the powers that be will ever ascend to the Oval Office unless the support of the people is so overwhelming it is impossible to deny.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Billionaire donors - The Washington Post

Well then, I guess that means Obama has a lot of support from the average Joe, since he is bringing in far more than any GOP candiadate and it tells you who Romneys masters are. Enjoy picking between Romney and Obama, I already know Obama is the far better choice between the two.

In race for campaign funds from billionaires, Romney outpaces Obama - The Washington Post

No wonder the media ignores Ron Paul! The rich folks who are in control don't like him.

He is for the PEOPLE..

I love it!
Well then, I guess that means Obama has a lot of support from the average Joe, since he is bringing in far more than any GOP candiadate and it tells you who Romneys masters are. Enjoy picking between Romney and Obama, I already know Obama is the far better choice between the two. Paul has his core followers but if his message was so well recieved he would be far head, he is not, and that is that for his third and final try at this.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:59 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times
Quote:
Really? You believe this narrative yourself or just Paul-bashing? You think Paul has the *lowest* chance of winning, lower than even Bachmann, Huntsman and Santorum? OR...do you think it just might be possible that the elites know that Paul is not corrupt, won't do them any favors, and see that there is no point in giving him money?

Old 12-17-2011, 10:31 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Those are called, "pay offs". If you know the person isn't going to do your bidding, there is no sense in paying them off, now is there?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:16 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Billionaire donors - The Washington Post

He is for the PEOPLE..

I love it!
Or they know he would completely tank the economy.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:20 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,400 times
He actually odes have a couple endorsements, one from Jim Rodgers and had a donation from Andrew Beal. But overall, he has little appeal to the usual Wall Street billionaire types since he doesn't believe in bailouts and government being in bed with business.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Sooner or later the deep pocket donors are going to have to realize that all the money in the world isn't going to change the minds of voters who have made up in their minds what is best for this country and what will only make it worse.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,692 times
Of course these are just the direct campaign contributions. Thanks to Citizens United there are way more anonymous and extensive ways that billionaires can support candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections