Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the Paulistas on CD affected how you plan to vote?
No, i was already for Paul 27 45.00%
No, i was already for other gop candidate. 6 10.00%
no, i am for obama. 8 13.33%
yes, more likely to vote for Ron Paul 12 20.00%
yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
This post is a great example of what you do wrong, blasting anyone that doesn't immediately buy what you're selling. If you are going to be a Ron Paul "salesmen" you should be prepared for rejection. And you should do so "peacefully". You are driving away people with your nasty response to rejection.
Waaaaaaaaaay too late for that. That horse left the barn a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 12:17 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,975,511 times
What's with the term Paulista?

If there were any other candidate that promoted Ending the Fed, Ending the War on Drugs and Ending Wars Abroad and had an overall message of restoring personal liberties I would have to look into them too. The fact is that Ron Paul stands alone on most of the real issues.

Support the policies, not the politician.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:44 PM

30,402 posts, read 23,870,295 times
Quote:
Has the hard press by the Paulistas, HERE ON CD FORUM, made you more likely or less likely to vote for Ron Paul.

FYI, I am making this a public poll so the Paulistas are honest.
The "Paulistas" as you call them, on City Data, ARE the ones who got me to really start looking in to Paul. Once I started doing that, there was no turning back.

So THANK YOU C-D "Paulistas"!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
What's with the term Paulista?

If there were any other candidate that promoted Ending the Fed, Ending the War on Drugs and Ending Wars Abroad and had an overall message of restoring personal liberties I would have to look into them too. The fact is that Ron Paul stands alone on most of the real issues.

Support the policies, not the politician.
To gut the EPA, the FDA, wishing he could end wars (he cannot), ignoring the major drug sales such as Heroin, Coke, Crack and PCP and the damage they do, ending the right of a woman to have an abortion, those policies? Yes he does stand alone on those and other than a handful of loyal voters he will remain there.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 PM

730 posts, read 830,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To gut the EPA, the FDA, wishing he could end wars (he cannot), ignoring the major drug sales such as Heroin, Coke, Crack and PCP and the damage they do, ending the right of a woman to have an abortion, those policies? Yes he does stand alone on those and other than a handful of loyal voters he will remain there.
The commander in chief cant decide to end a war? Thats news to
me

Old 12-28-2011, 01:46 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,214,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
The commander in chief cant decide to end a war? Thats news to
me
JFK was beginning a pull out of Nam when he was killed. As soon as Johnson took over he reversed course. Draw your own conclusions, I have.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,940,815 times
Quote:
JFK was beginning a pull out of Nam when he was killed. As soon as Johnson took over he reversed course. Draw your own conclusions, I have.
Nothing to do with pulling out of Nam. It was Marilyn's ex, Joe Dimaggio, from the grassy knoll who was ticked about that Happy Birthday song.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,975,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Keeping coke, crack, PCP and heroine in a dangerous black market system IS ignoring the problems they create. Let me guess, you think a Non-Violent Crack Head becomes a productive member of society after spending 10 years in a violent Jail.

Legal Drugs are causing A LOT more damage today than any ILLEGAL drug has caused in the past. I suppose because Corporations reap the benefits of addiction, you think the problem should be marginalized. I suppose because Corporations now profit from increased prison demand, you think we should keep building more prisons. Well there are still some of us that see through Government propaganda.

Pharmageddon: America

Overdose Death Rate Surges, Legal Drugs Are Mostly to Blame | Drugs | AlterNet

The President can most definitely end Unconstitutional Wars. That is one of the few outright powers a President does have.

As far as the criminal Federal Reserve, simply look into their predictions, policies, actions and conspirings to realize that they are a cancer that must be stopped. Congress appoved of $750 Billion in Bailouts; the Federal Reserve had secretly issued $16 Trillion.

This is the longest period in American history that the people have let a private Central Bank control the country.

Bank of North America 1782-1785
First Bank of The United States 1791-1811
Second Bank of The United States 1816-1836
The Federal Reserve 1913-When will Americans wake up?

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
- Henry Ford

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-28-2011 at 02:17 PM..

Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,214,587 times
Don't know if it is to soon to draw any conclusions...

1) about 50% of those that voted were already paulistas

2) CD FORUM paulistas caused a net gain of one new Paul supporter.

3) that net gain of one is questionable in that one new Paul supporter said they were converted in 2008 but they joined the BS FORUM in Nov 2011.

4) the majority of poster who responded are paulistas. Far larger than any other group.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:02 PM

498 posts, read 1,459,354 times
By virtue of being ecstatic alone, I wouldn't even consider Paul. I don't believe in magic. Good things are rarely a sure bet, and Paul supporters treat him like the he's the Messiah. Remember, none of the founding fathers were ecstatic about the Constitution when they ratified it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections