Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the Paulistas on CD affected how you plan to vote?
No, i was already for Paul 27 45.00%
No, i was already for other gop candidate. 6 10.00%
no, i am for obama. 8 13.33%
yes, more likely to vote for Ron Paul 12 20.00%
yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Don't know if it is to soon to draw any conclusions...

1) about 50% of those that voted were already paulistas

2) CD FORUM paulistas caused a net gain of one new Paul supporter.

3) that net gain of one is questionable in that one new Paul supporter said they were converted in 2008 but they joined the BS FORUM in Nov 2011.

4) the majority of poster who responded are paulistas. Far larger than any other group.
You fail.

I joined this forum in April 2010.

I didn't have a clue who I would support in this campaign. I started to get in to things back in April and May but then I moved and was busy getting life started in my new place.

I then had time, finally, to sit down and start really reading about the candidates. (I've said all this before on this forum...does anyone read anything?) Paul was the last one I read about. I was terribly unimpressed with all the others before him.

I decided to take a peek in to this area, the P&oC, which is typically overflowing with hatred that I tended to stay away but I wanted to know what the "man on the street" was thinking, as well.

I saw people talking about Paul. I used to think all the same things the anti-Paul bots think.

BUT, the difference is, I went in to this with an open mind this time around and read what they said, visited the links they shared, watched the videos OF Paul talking, came upon the C-Span one that I actually DID watch years ago but had forgotten who it was, things started to make sense....

So again, yes, the C-D posters for Paul DID make a difference and it is not "questionable". And while to YOU it's only one, you have NO idea how many I have converted. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 PM

740 posts, read 1,980,215 times
Quote:
Don't know if it is to soon to draw any conclusions...

1) about 50% of those that voted were already paulistas

2) CD FORUM paulistas caused a net gain of one new Paul supporter.

3) that net gain of one is questionable in that one new Paul supporter said they were converted in 2008 but they joined the BS FORUM in Nov 2011.

4) the majority of poster who responded are paulistas. Far larger than any other group.
Hmm, so according to this poll we Ron Paul supporters have nearly 70% of the overall votes.

Yet another Ron Paul poll win!

I smell fear yet again.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,853,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Hmm, so according to this poll we Ron Paul supporters have nearly 70% of the overall votes.

Yet another Ron Paul poll win!

I smell fear yet again.

I see 28 votes for paul
8 votes for obama
4 votes for romney
1 vote for perry

Old 12-28-2011, 11:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,723 times
I have to say, i believe that all those who voted "yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul" at the time of me posting this comment are full of it, i have absolutely no doubt that those people were dead set against Dr. Paul from the beginning, regardless of what people have said here on C-D, and i believe their contributions to this forum are evidence of that fact.

This thread and poll are just a sad attempt to demoralize the supporters of Dr. Paul on this forum, but as with all the other attacks on Dr. Paul and his supporters, it only backfired yet again.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-29-2011 at 12:10 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,220,489 times
Rather bizarre and defensive post there fella.

FYI, the have been two "more likely" votes that were cast by paulistas. I think both acknowledged the mistake. Nobody implied you were one if them.

theunbrainwashed was one, I think their first post here was pro Paul.

NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath said they converted in 2008 by their room mate but they joined CD within the last year.

See want I mean, you paulistas overreact and jump at anything. How about an I'm sorry now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You fail.

I joined this forum in April 2010.

I didn't have a clue who I would support in this campaign. I started to get in to things back in April and May but then I moved and was busy getting life started in my new place.

I then had time, finally, to sit down and start really reading about the candidates. (I've said all this before on this forum...does anyone read anything?) Paul was the last one I read about. I was terribly unimpressed with all the others before him.

I decided to take a peek in to this area, the P&oC, which is typically overflowing with hatred that I tended to stay away but I wanted to know what the "man on the street" was thinking, as well.

I saw people talking about Paul. I used to think all the same things the anti-Paul bots think.

BUT, the difference is, I went in to this with an open mind this time around and read what they said, visited the links they shared, watched the videos OF Paul talking, came upon the C-Span one that I actually DID watch years ago but had forgotten who it was, things started to make sense....

So again, yes, the C-D posters for Paul DID make a difference and it is not "questionable". And while to YOU it's only one, you have NO idea how many I have converted. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I see 28 votes for paul
8 votes for obama
4 votes for romney
1 vote for perry
Paul wins a paulista infested CD forum. Great job!

For all the work of 140 or so CD paulistas they have a zero net gain.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 PM

740 posts, read 1,980,215 times
Quote:
Paul wins a paulista infested CD forum. Great job!

For all the work of 140 or so CD paulistas they have a zero net gain.
Wow, so much fear.

You anti-Ron Paul people know deep down, that Mr. Unelectable is going to win.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Wow, so much fear.

You anti-Ron Paul people know deep down, that Mr. Unelectable is going to win.
I believe there are some that believe that, but in the end, 6% is not enough for Paul to win anywhere beyond hid home district. Enjoy it though, it's always fun going national....

Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 AM

11,998 posts, read 13,003,005 times
Quote:
Isn't this a bit off topic?
Not at all, thanks though.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I have to say, i believe that all those who voted "yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul" at the time of me posting this comment are full of it, i have absolutely no doubt that those people were dead set against Dr. Paul from the beginning, regardless of what people have said here on C-D, and i believe their contributions to this forum are evidence of that fact.

This thread and poll are just a sad attempt to demoralize the supporters of Dr. Paul on this forum, but as with all the other attacks on Dr. Paul and his supporters, it only backfired yet again.
assume you're correct, that each one of the less likely voters were against Paul when they came in. The question is what effect the abusive advocating ny the paulistas have on them. What I see, I'm less likely to hear the message, look at Paul as an alternative as well as changing my mind completely. Paulistas have moved me further away, not closer.

Tactical error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections