Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the Paulistas on CD affected how you plan to vote?
No, i was already for Paul 27 45.00%
No, i was already for other gop candidate. 6 10.00%
no, i am for obama. 8 13.33%
yes, more likely to vote for Ron Paul 12 20.00%
yes, less likely to vote for Ron Paul 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Sorry. My mistake.

I just assumed you were talking about Ron Paul since you always seem to be.
I talk about a lot of things but in the elections forum, I talk about Paul. Why wouldn't I? That's who I support.

Nonetheless, fair enough. If you would like, I will delete my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,524,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I talk about a lot of things but in the elections forum, I talk about Paul. Why wouldn't I? That's who I support.

Nonetheless, fair enough. If you would like, I will delete my post.
I deserve the embarassment. I jump on others on this forum sometimes for making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Another poster quoted me as well so my post can't be hidden unless he/she deletes his/hers as well.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,032,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Jesus Christ! Support for Paul is like tolerating someone who passes gas on an elevator. We have to endure the stench temporarily until the elevator stops and we can get off on our floor. Here, until Paul gets the message that his efforts are futile.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

You know, it is interesting that we've had a parade of GOP candidates being hailed as "the one" only to see them cut down. The "We're only here to make sure Obama's a one-term president" mantra is wearing thin as Republicans realize that it affects their well-being just as much a it affects a liberal's, and in a negative way. Maybe in his second term President Obama will have a House and Senate that arrive ready to work on America's problems rather than concentrating their energy solely on character assassination. TBS, I find the stories of Dr. Paul's racism and anti-Semitism unsettling; where there's smoke, there may be fire.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,228,366 times
I do not like his supporters at all
I find them rude, and narrow-minded
they will not support anyone but their wack job, Paul
I was thinking of voting for him if he some how got on the ticket
which now the more I have heard him, I know would NEVER happen, thank God!!
But his followers are creepy!!
there is no way in hell I would ever vote for this sleeze!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:32 PM

865 posts, read 679,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Far Less Likely. His policy ideas were bad enough but the rabid cult followers make me sure I do not want to be part of their delusional world.

LOL, you were never going to vote for anyone other than Obama.
Obama could come to your house and start your head on fire, and you would still vote for him.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,618,727 times
I LOVE Ron Paul supporters....they are going to help President Obama win his 2nd term

Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,023,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Whereas you would no doubt call the above post polite and open minded.

I seriously doubt you ever considered voting for anyone other than Obama. I have equally serious doubts that you spent any time actually listening to Ron Paul. You heard a few soundbites from his detractors from both the right and the left and used those soundbites to further reenforce your decision to continue your unwavering support of Obama.

As far as rudeness goes referring to someone as a sleaze is anything but polite. As far as creepy goes you'd be hard pressed to present anything more creepy than a group of individuals willing to cast their vote for someone who's likely campaign strategy will consist of "Democrats good, Republicans bad. 4 more years, yes we can, hope and change".

I have no use for unthinking, lying, partisan hacks no matter which corrupt party they support.

Last edited by outbacknv; 12-30-2011 at 06:58 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 07:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,007,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Whereas you would no doubt call the above post polite and open minded.

I seriously doubt you ever considered voting for anyone other than Obama. I have equally serious doubts that you spent any time actually listening to Ron Paul. You heard a few soundbites from his detractors from both the right and the left and used those soundbites to further reenforce your decision to continue your unwavering support of Obama.

As far as rudeness goes referring to someone as a sleaze is anything but polite. As far as creepy goes you'd be hard pressed to present anything more creepy than a group of individuals willing to cast their vote for someone who's likely campaign strategy will consist of "Democrats good, Republicans bad. 4 more years, yes we can, hope and change".

I have no use for unthinking, lying, partisan hacks no matter which corrupt party they support.
It is always the same, if someone does not agree with Pauls ideas, then they simply have not listened long enough. Real Greepy, if one thinks about it.
As for your last statement, I agree whole heartly, outbacknv

Old 12-30-2011, 07:07 PM

740 posts, read 1,980,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Wow, this post is pure fail.

Hypocrisy at is finest calling others rude with a post like this!

Go back to worshipping obomba!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,023,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is always the same, if someone does not agree with Pauls ideas, then they simply have not listened long enough. Real Greepy, if one thinks about it.
As for your last statement, I agree whole heartly, outbacknv
Thanks for the reply Casper but I've never seen a post from you that wasn't hugely partisan in nature.

You seem to be on quite the streak this evening making anti-Paul posts while urging us all to vote for your idol, Obama. Ample creepiness on your part demonstrated this evening alone.

I'll give you credit for your dedication but based on your posts you fit solidly into the partisan hack category.

If you want to be taken seriously don't speak out of both sides of your mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections