Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Thursday, December 29, 2011
I wanted you to be one of the first to see NOM's newest TV ad airing in Iowa.
In this final week before the Iowa caucuses, NOM is working hard to make sure the Republican nominee for president is a leader in defending marriage.
As you know, five of the leading GOP candidates have already promised to be marriage champions, leaving Congressman Ron Paul alone among the frontrunners in his continued refusal to stand up for marriage.
Please take a moment and watch NOM's latest ad right now.
[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]
Many believe that Congressman Paul is a conservative, but when it comes to marriage, he's no conservative—his position is radical and will lead to the destruction of traditional marriage in America.
Go and see for yourself what he has to say. When asked if gay marriage should be legal, his response was, "Sure." Even should a federal court impose gay marriage (as a district judge in San Francisco has already done), he opposes a constitutional amendment to restore traditional marriage. In fact, he has even gone so far as to say that civil marriage should be abolished altogether.
Together with our new TV ad, NOM has launched two new websites highlighting the candidates' positions on marriage. Visit www.wrongonmarriage.com, for the latest on Congressman Paul's flawed views on marriage.
Meanwhile, over at www.rightonmarriage.com, you can see the Marriage Pledge signed by Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Speaker Newt Gingrich, Gov. Rick Perry, Gov. Mitt Romney, and Sen. Rick Santorum.
Marriage between one man and one woman is the foundation of American society and the government has a vested interest and an obligation to protect it. Please help NOM hold Congressman Paul accountable for his refusal to defend marriage. Watch our new ad and check out our new websites today.
Sincerely,
Brian S. Brown
President
National Organization for Marriage

LOL ... The Fed. government should not be involved in marriage, that should be left up to the church and the state. I love how they twist it like Paul supports the abolishment of Marriage altogether. These people are so freaking stupid ...

I don't care what the president of NOM thinks, all i care is what God thinks, and God DoN't care what NOM thinks NeIthEr!

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-29-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:58 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,371,937 times
^That...and what crediibilty does the pledge and the author of this have given that Romney "I didn't have to issue in same-sex marriage in Mass, but I did anyway" is listed here as a defender of traditional marriage.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:22 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,588,393 times
That might be a good idea but how would they get government out of it all together?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
^That...and what crediibilty does the pledge and the author of this have given that Romney "I didn't have to issue in same-sex marriage in Mass, but I did anyway" is listed here as a defender of traditional marriage.
Or what about Newt the serial adulterer Gingrich ... I mean really?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 PM

You know what all you extremist right wing Christofascist talibangelicals who faithfully serve and support the God forsaken perpetual war policies of this Nation and who support the police state agenda to destroy the sovereignty of this nation and it's founding documents ...

If you hate gays so much why don't you get your tea party politicians to vote for a new bill that will take us back to the middle ages when people like you used to kill homosexuals, like in the time of ...

Quote:
Giovanni di Giovanni (c. 1350 – May 7, 1365?) ... one of the younger victims of the campaign against sodomy, waged in Florence since the Middle Ages.
He was convicted by the PodestĂ  court of being the passive partner of a number of different men. He was labeled "a public and notorious passive sodomite." His punishment was to be paraded on the back of an ass, then to be publicly castrated. Finally, he was to have his anus burned with a red-hot iron (or, as the sentence read: "[punished] in that part of the body where he allowed himself to be known in sodomitical practice.") It is presumed he did not survive the ordeal.[1][2]

From Giovanni di Giovanni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Would that make your Jesus happy? I wonder why Jesus never even once mentioned homosexuality himself ... In fact Jesus said love your enemy and bless those who persecute you ... But today Christian fundies are all about killing their enemies en mass and persecuting everyone who does not agree with their world view.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-29-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,936,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Ron Paul boo boos himself, which makes him not fit for office. Bachmann is one of the most intelligent women to walk the planet.

Which planet are you talking about? I have houseplants that are more lucid than Michelle Bachmann.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,607,692 times
I cannot stand people that pretend to be Christians and lie to your face. Bachman is a liar. She disgusts me.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,819,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Thursday, December 29, 2011
I wanted you to be one of the first to see NOM's newest TV ad airing in Iowa.
In this final week before the Iowa caucuses, NOM is working hard to make sure the Republican nominee for president is a leader in defending marriage.
As you know, five of the leading GOP candidates have already promised to be marriage champions, leaving Congressman Ron Paul alone among the frontrunners in his continued refusal to stand up for marriage.
Please take a moment and watch NOM's latest ad right now.
[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER][/CENTER]
Many believe that Congressman Paul is a conservative, but when it comes to marriage, he's no conservative—his position is radical and will lead to the destruction of traditional marriage in America.
Go and see for yourself what he has to say. When asked if gay marriage should be legal, his response was, "Sure." Even should a federal court impose gay marriage (as a district judge in San Francisco has already done), he opposes a constitutional amendment to restore traditional marriage. In fact, he has even gone so far as to say that civil marriage should be abolished altogether.
Together with our new TV ad, NOM has launched two new websites highlighting the candidates' positions on marriage. Visit www.wrongonmarriage.com, for the latest on Congressman Paul's flawed views on marriage.
Meanwhile, over at www.rightonmarriage.com, you can see the Marriage Pledge signed by Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Speaker Newt Gingrich, Gov. Rick Perry, Gov. Mitt Romney, and Sen. Rick Santorum.
Marriage between one man and one woman is the foundation of American society and the government has a vested interest and an obligation to protect it. Please help NOM hold Congressman Paul accountable for his refusal to defend marriage. Watch our new ad and check out our new websites today.
Sincerely,
Brian S. Brown
President
National Organization for Marriage
janelle144, way to go, gay hater!

The government has no business in marriage. Period. End of story.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
What an opportunistic guy. Paul helped him win the IA House and Senate and when it was time to choose between supporting Paul or Bachmann, he supports Bachmann because she was on top then. Now that Paul is on top, he jumps ship. We are better off without these turncoats.

Seems he asked Ron about his intentions, before helping Michelle.
Ron was still on the fence and Michelle was already in well before Ron.

Was he really helping her if his heart wasn't in it?
It was probably better for her campaign, he left.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,588,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
janelle144, way to go, gay hater!

The government has no business in marriage. Period. End of story.
My best friend's son is gay, who is a hater, name caller? If you don't agree you hate---yea, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections