Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:56 AM

507 posts, read 1,540,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
A lot of occupy people can't get past the (R) next to his name.

Many are with us though
I FULLY agree with you that the (R) is the reason many occupy people don't know about his ideas. It was the reason I didn't know much about him until the NDAA. The media blackout on the NDAA is to keep people from going to Ron Paul, IMO.

I hope many will catch on soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,422,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
My mistake. I assumed that because you view them as being violent you were against them. Didn't realize you supported movements you considered to be violent.
Nice try. Just because some in the movement (or used the movement as an excuse) resorted to violence does not condemn the whole movement. Just like the Tea Party got all muddied up with the religious wackos, that didn't take away from their main message of smaller gov and no bail-outs. Those movements - however imperfect - still has tons of support by RP supporters.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,224,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Nice try. Just because some in the movement (or used the movement as an excuse) resorted to violence does not condemn the whole movement. Just like the Tea Party got all muddied up with the religious wackos, that didn't take away from their main message of smaller gov and no bail-outs. Those movements - however imperfect - still has tons of support by RP supporters.
I don't doubt that many RP supporters support OWS, at the same time, there are many RP supporters that paint the OWS movement as violent. You can't deny this fact. I wonder how this will paly out to that faction of RP supporters, the one who generalize about OWS and make fun of them.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't doubt that many RP supporters support OWS, at the same time, there are many RP supporters that paint the OWS movement as violent. You can't deny this fact. I wonder how this will paly out to that faction of RP supporters, the one who generalize about OWS and make fun of them.
Fair point. Maybe winter has taken care of all the movements for the time being. Both the TP'ers and OWS'ers are still showing up at some of the candidates speeches, but not with the same intensity of earlier in the year. I think that will increase though when it gets warmer again. I think most RP'ers will be fine with the idea of OWS (which does speak to what Mr. Paul has been raising hell with for decades) as long as that movement doesn't go down a crazy path like some of the TP'ers have with their religious views being incorporated into it (which was not the point at all of the Tea Party movement).

Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,817,609 times
Tea Party and OWS really want the same fruit. They are just trying to climb the same tree from the opposite directions, not knowing that the other party also is in this together. Politicians would like to co-opt (or rather have already co-opted) both grassroots movements for their purpose - labeling TP as right and OWS as left. Only Ron Paul understands that TP and OWS are not mutually exclusive, which is why he is confident that he can bridge the gap.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM

30,423 posts, read 23,885,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm surprised to read your take on that. I found the exact opposite to be true. Most RP supporters have no problem with OWS although many of us found their lack of a coherent message to be problematic. But, I have yet to meet anyone that didn't support or tolerate the movement.
You're wrong.

I'm a Paul supporter and I have a serious problem with OWS. Did anyone even read their "list of demands"?

They wanted a $20/hour minimum wage.
They wanted free housing for everyone. (I'm not kidding.)
They wanted free "living wages" for everyone...WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE EMPLOYED!

The list went on and on with the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

And then? How did they ACT? Disgustingly!

It's one thing to protest peacefully and get your message heard but it's an entirely different thing to act like pigs and squeal when you break the law.

These people do not understand the law. They do not understand economics. They do not understand who is really running the show. They are puppets and don't have a clue.

(P.S. I'm very sorry to pigs, everywhere. I didn't mean to insult you by comparing you to OWS.)

Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,529,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Tea Party and OWS really want the same fruit. They are just trying to climb the same tree from the opposite directions, not knowing that the other party also is in this together. Politicians would like to co-opt (or rather have already co-opted) both grassroots movements for their purpose - labeling TP as right and OWS as left. Only Ron Paul understands that TP and OWS are not mutually exclusive, which is why he is confident that he can bridge the gap.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

That graphic is spot on as well; I'm tempted to post it on Facebook once again

Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're wrong.

I'm a Paul supporter and I have a serious problem with OWS. Did anyone even read their "list of demands"?

They wanted a $20/hour minimum wage.
They wanted free housing for everyone. (I'm not kidding.)
They wanted free "living wages" for everyone...WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE EMPLOYED!

The list went on and on with the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

And then? How did they ACT? Disgustingly!

It's one thing to protest peacefully and get your message heard but it's an entirely different thing to act like pigs and squeal when you break the law.

These people do not understand the law. They do not understand economics. They do not understand who is really running the show. They are puppets and don't have a clue.

(P.S. I'm very sorry to pigs, everywhere. I didn't mean to insult you by comparing you to OWS.)
Wow! Ok. So there are two that don't like the OWS. I don't like anything I read in that list of demands either - but is that universal for the whole movement? I didn't think that they had that kind of cohesion to unify under a list of demands.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 PM

30,423 posts, read 23,885,686 times
Forum Post: Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement! | OccupyWallSt.org

Occupy Wall Street dot org...you tell me.

They "say" it's not "official". Right.

More evidence of how ridiculous they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84L-Xsrxmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2sQ...&feature=share

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...d?xrs=share_fb

And with that, I have to go to work again.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,824,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
'Only Ron Paul understands that TP and OWS are not mutually exclusive, which is why he is confident that he can bridge the gap.'

Yes, totally agree that Ron Paul is the only one who can bridge the gap, because he is the only one with any real integrity, and is by far the most intelligent of any of the candidates.

The OWS movement is all over the place, although they mostly seem to be younger people who are pissed that they are not going to be able to get their share of the pie, while the 'Tea Party' is mostly pissed that they have to pay for someone else's piece of the pie. A die-hard Ron Paul supporter might have been marching with me during one of the first Anti Iraq War rallys in downtown Chicago.

Ron Paul cannot solve all of America's woes overnight, but he CAN put an end to all of the stupid wars that the Chickenhawks love to start for no really good reason. On moral grounds, namely all of the evil that war encompasses, is where my true alligence with Paul lies. The greed and corruption of the banking system along with corporate greed that outsources America's future comes next, and Paul is the only one addressing all of these issues - the others just 'duck and cover'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections