Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:15 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
After being interrupted by Occupy protesters during a veterans rally in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday, Ron Paul praised the movement, compared it to the Tea Party and declared that he was the only GOP candidate who could bridge the two causes and instill real change in Washington.

“You are a servant of the 1%,” one woman was heard shouting in Paul’s direction, clearly either unaware or ignoring the fact that the Congressman has railed against the Federal Reserve system for over three decades and was the only candidate staunchly opposed to the banker bailouts.

“I am a veteran, my husband is a veteran…” the woman screamed, adding “does he care about us?”

Well, yes he does. The Congressman served as an Air Force surgeon, and while in office has tirelessly engaged in constituent service work on behalf of military veterans.

He was the only GOP candidate to write to the president recently to protest the fact that military retirees are now facing benefit cuts under the administration’s proposed $1.5 trillion dollar tax hike.

Despite his fierce anti-war stance, Paul’s unwavering support for veterans has seen him receive more donations from from active-duty military than all of the other Republican presidential candidates combined, as well as the president himself.

“The Tea Party movement started here, gets big, a lot of different people come in. I think the same thing has happened with Occupy. I put them together—I put both groups together. Because I think both groups are unhappy about what’s happening in Washington, and around the country, and the economic conditions.” The Congressman noted.

Prison Planet.com » Paul Vows To Unite Occupy And Tea Party Movements
Paul is a delusional idealist, and someone that should get nowhere near the Whitehouse, not even for a vist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
The establishment is corrupt, the government is out of touch, the USA is seriously screwed up and the status quo is unacceptable = the common thread of both movements.

I agree.

Both parties, as well as Ron Paul's movement, have seen attempts by idiot fringe groups to try to hijack their movement. Communists, Nazis, white supremacists/racists and many other idiots. In both cases, the MSM has been fairly successful in demonizing both by pointing to these groups and making unfounded generalizations.

IF Ron Paul can unite both movements behind him (a tall order indeed!) then he becomes the man to beat in the general election.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Paul is a delusional idealist, and someone that should get nowhere near the Whitehouse, not even for a vist.
Yes, the 'Whitehouse' is reserved for 'special' Americans, like those who cheat on their cancer-stricken wives, those who rail for war, yet refuse to serve, those who enrich themselves with special interest money, those who want to eliminate government agencies, then can't remember which ones, yes those are the ones who people like you want in the Whitehouse, not, heaven forbid, 'delusional idealists' like Ron Paul who want to end all the stupid Chicken-fried wars, bank bailouts, and assaults on American freedoms.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:43 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
After being interrupted by Occupy protesters during a veterans rally in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday, Ron Paul praised the movement, compared it to the Tea Party and declared that he was the only GOP candidate who could bridge the two causes and instill real change in Washington.

“You are a servant of the 1%,” one woman was heard shouting in Paul’s direction, clearly either unaware or ignoring the fact that the Congressman has railed against the Federal Reserve system for over three decades and was the only candidate staunchly opposed to the banker bailouts.

“I am a veteran, my husband is a veteran…” the woman screamed, adding “does he care about us?”

Well, yes he does. The Congressman served as an Air Force surgeon, and while in office has tirelessly engaged in constituent service work on behalf of military veterans.

He was the only GOP candidate to write to the president recently to protest the fact that military retirees are now facing benefit cuts under the administration’s proposed $1.5 trillion dollar tax hike.

Despite his fierce anti-war stance, Paul’s unwavering support for veterans has seen him receive more donations from from active-duty military than all of the other Republican presidential candidates combined, as well as the president himself.

“The Tea Party movement started here, gets big, a lot of different people come in. I think the same thing has happened with Occupy. I put them together—I put both groups together. Because I think both groups are unhappy about what’s happening in Washington, and around the country, and the economic conditions.” The Congressman noted.

Prison Planet.com » Paul Vows To Unite Occupy And Tea Party Movements
This is the problem with Paul and why he will never be elected President Polar opposites can never be united..............Paul with his traditional Libertarian views is attractive to some Conservatives until they find out about his whacked out foriegn policy views that attract all the anti war kooks and nuts.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This is the problem with Paul and why he will never be elected President Polar opposites can never be united..............Paul with his traditional Libertarian views is attractive to some Conservatives until they find out about his whacked out foriegn policy views that attract all the anti war kooks and nuts.
Paul WENT into the military - is that really that 'whacked out' to you? The majority of the active military SUPPORT his views - are THEY really that 'whacked out' to you?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Yes, the 'Whitehouse' is reserved for 'special' Americans, like those who cheat on their cancer-stricken wives, those who rail for war, yet refuse to serve, those who enrich themselves with special interest money, those who want to eliminate government agencies, then can't remember which ones, yes those are the ones who people like you want in the Whitehouse, not, heaven forbid, 'delusional idealists' like Ron Paul who want to end all the stupid Chicken-fried wars, bank bailouts, and assaults on American freedoms.
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections