Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:11 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ron Paul isnt a conservative
And I used to be a Paul supporter until some of the kook supporters turned me away with their inability to be rational

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2822344-post37.html
You consider replacing Obama with Romney or Gingrich rational? That's simply amusing.

More of the same is not an improvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
And I used to be a Paul supporter until some of the kook supporters turned me away with their inability to be rational

So you support a candidate based on the people who support him?

Well, doesn't seem like you liked him in the first place to just walk away because you did not agree with what his other supporters had to say.

At least none of us is claiming that we will have nothing to worry about because he will pay our mortgage if he gets elected.....

Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:

Not true,he has had the most conservative voting record of any lawmaker since 1937.
Like most self described conservatives, you don't understand what the term means.

Lol your ideals are so flimsy you let a few Paul supporters change your mind?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not true,he has had the most conservative voting record of any lawmaker since 1937.
Like most self described conservatives, you don't understand what the term means.

Lol your ideals are so flimsy you let a few Paul supporters change your mind?
Wrong, he's got a libertarian record. See this is what I mean about you Paul supporters, you sit here and babble on and on about his record, but you dont even know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So you support a candidate based on the people who support him?

Well, doesn't seem like you liked him in the first place to just walk away because you did not agree with what his other supporters had to say.

At least none of us is claiming that we will have nothing to worry about because he will pay our mortgage if he gets elected.....
I have absolutely no interest in encouraging stupidity in america.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You consider replacing Obama with Romney or Gingrich rational? That's simply amusing.

Never said such a thing, but both of them are an improvement over what we have, and actually have a chance at success. Why so many americans support failure, I'll never comprehend.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,801 times
Really pathetic grasping at the straws here. People will do anything to demean the good doctor. So, if you haven't noticed, the tag team of Bush and Obama shafted the economy and it has been in the doldrums for at least a couple of years now.

Even if I hadn't known any of Paul's positions, just by looking at the fact that ALL of his donations are from the little guys, the troops & the veterans, would have been reason enough for me to be convinced of his integrity! You guys rooting for your sellout candidates bankrolled by the big banks and corporations, how do you look at their contributors' list and not recoil in disgust?? Am I the only weirdo here who thinks Paul is a people's candidate and everyone else is the pocket of the Wall Street? Frickin' hell!

Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:

That makes you what? Politically irresponsible and shallow?

We don't need people like you ... You make us look bad.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:

Do you honestly think it is "rational" to support a candidate based on what that candidates SUPPORTERS have to say about him/her? That is one of the most kooky and irrational things I've ever read.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:29 AM

865 posts, read 676,349 times
He made the $4m in 3 days. Then it wasn't until recently that they asked for an end of quarter push. But the PACs are also getting money from the little guys. LOL @ the author, who has no idea of the inner workings of the grass roots campaign.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 AM

865 posts, read 676,349 times
I don't think pghquest ever supported Ron Paul on CD. He's trolling you guys.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:40 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

I have considerable problems with both Romney and Gingrich, but either would get my vote over Obama. The last best hope for America is Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections