Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will fold first after Iowa?
Bachmann 23 65.71%
Perry 0 0%
Gingrich 0 0%
Santorum 4 11.43%
Huntsman 8 22.86%
Paul 0 0%
Romney 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,990,344 times

Advertisements

Romney and Paul are in it for the long-haul.

Huntsman has already abandoned Iowa to focus on New Hampshire, so his performance on Tuesday won't matter.

Santorum looks to be surging and will out-perform recent expectations, she he should be safe.

There is a suggestion of a recent Perry mini-surge, so my guess is he'll stay in, especially if he can manage to finish ahead of Gingrich.

Gingrich has collapsed from front-runner status to, possibly, fourth, fifth or even sixth place. If the latter, he may have to pack it in.

Bachmann looks like she'll finish ahead of only Huntsman, who isn't even trying. All her eggs are in the Iowa basket and she's about done. She's my pick -- she'll bail Tuesday night or Wednesday, unless she can manage to climb above Gingrich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 04:18 PM

535 posts, read 586,048 times
No one will drop out after Iowa....

After NH, bachman and huntsman will likely drop out, although bachman is really egotistical, so she might stay in for a few more weeks..

the only exception i think, is if Paul wins Iowa by 10% or more...

If that happens, I'm sure there will be some deals made by the lower tier candidates, to have say like bachman , perry drop out and endorse Santorum, or vice versa... "anyone but Paul and Romney- candidate"

Old 12-31-2011, 05:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times
Bachman is done, she has staff joining the Paul campaign and she had no surge since getting Randy Travis to play for her straw poll victory. Then she had a event with Rep King that drew 12 people mostly from the cafe across the street. And here was his ringing endorsement :
Quote:
King has not endorsed anybody in the GOP primary so far, and he said Friday that he was appearing with Bachmann just as a “great friend.”

http://www.startribune.com/politics/...136449658.html

Dude showed up just to say what a great friend, LMAO

Old 12-31-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Bachman is done, she has staff joining the Paul campaign and she had no surge since getting Randy Travis to play for her straw poll victory. Then she had a event with Rep King that drew 12 people mostly from the cafe across the street. And here was his ringing endorsement :

Bachmann-King meeting underwhelms | StarTribune.com

Dude showed up just to say what a great friend, LMAO
Yeah, ever since she peaked in August it's pretty much been a free-fall for Bachmann. And with Santorum surging and Perry having a bit of a bump, they're really eating into the part of the base she needs. If she can't finish above anyone but Huntsman, who long ago abandoned Iowa, she's done.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:59 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Huntsman is not even planning to do well in Iowa. Regardless of what happens in Iowa, he's staying in the race. I can see him dropping out if he places any lower than third in New Hampshire, but doing well in Iowa is simply not something he's concerned about. I'm surprised anybody who has been following the race so far doesn't realize that and thinks he'll drop out after Iowa.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:08 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
No one, because NH is so close. We'll see dropouts after NH.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Huntsman is not even planning to do well in Iowa. Regardless of what happens in Iowa, he's staying in the race. I can see him dropping out if he places any lower than third in New Hampshire, but doing well in Iowa is simply not something he's concerned about. I'm surprised anybody who has been following the race so far doesn't realize that and thinks he'll drop out after Iowa.
As opposed to Bachmann who bet the farm on doing well in Iowa. Hence, she is winning the poll.

I think Huntsman is testing the waters this go around and I think he'll stay in as long as he can to get a good feel for everything.

It's sad though. Jon Huntsman is probably the guy with the broadest appeal to all Americans. Had the GOP taken him seriously, he'd be very big threat to Obama. And he's great on the issues across the board IMHO.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As opposed to Bachmann who bet the farm on doing well in Iowa. Hence, she is winning the poll.

I think Huntsman is testing the waters this go around and I think he'll stay in as long as he can to get a good feel for everything.

It's sad though. Jon Huntsman is probably the guy with the broadest appeal to all Americans. Had the GOP taken him seriously, he'd be very big threat to Obama. And he's great on the issues across the board IMHO.
You're gonna see Huntsman in 2016, for sure.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yep. Huntsman, along with Romney and Paul, is all but certain not to drop out until after New Hampshire. The other four could conceivably fail badly enough that it's over.

It would be amusing if the Santorum surge and the Perry bump peel so much support from Bachmann that she manages to finish behind Huntsman, dead last.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Well, most poll respondents were spot-on picking Bachmann to pack it in.

Not sure what the Huntsman and Santorum respondents were thinking, though ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections