Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
6 in 10 Paul caucus voters do NOT affiliate with the republican party. I smell a LOT of democrat mischief voters.

https://twitter.com/#!/zbyronwolf/st...75599970992128

CBS vote count;
Paul actually mentioned that this morning on FOX and FRIENDS. He said many of his votes came from Democrats and Independents. I really have a problem with this, but each state has to decide for themselves how they want to run their caucuses and primaries.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
O is done, he turned out to be a typical politician, lying to get votes, not ending the war till election time, tricky dick style. I did not vote for him in 08 and will not vote for him in 2012.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I was going to look for that. Thanks!
Last time the entire mood of the country was different. Paul still has no chance at getting the nomination or let's put it this way: very little. Primaries work very differently than cauceses.

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,103,140 times
I'm not a supporter of Rick Santorum. If I could find one thing positive about him it would be that he doggedly sticks to his political ideals no matter what. I don't agree with most of them but I can respect somebody that doesn't stick his finger in the wind constantly. I wasn't unhappy to see him go but we replaced him with an even bigger party bootlick named Casey in the Senate. Sometimes I think Pa is only one step above New Jersey politically. Okay maybe two or three but that still isn't good.
I think Santorum probably got his share of voters from the democrats who would pick him as unelectable. If I was in Iowa I'd have voted for Ron Paul, assuming third party can vote. I don't think the primaries and elections are tamper proof so expect more " unexpectedly narrow wins" and rigged polls.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I don't care what they've done with their lives. If daddy wants to continue sending kids off to war, his kids should have to serve mandatory.

And I'm not a "leftist" either, friend. Nice try with the labels. I'm not surprised.
i guess then you are saying "bring back the draft" riight?

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Oh, okay, whatever you say

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

And Obama hasn't even begun campaigning or exposing Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney yet. And Rasumssen is a Republitard pollster.
average 1.6% is barely a lead. You haven't seen the latest Rasumssen poll obviously.

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When I have to pick between santorum and romney, I'm not voting for romney I'll tell you that much.

Santorum didn't attend an ivy league uni, but Romney attended Harvard.

I wish Santorum would pull out ahead of Romney to be honest.

Tired of the "ivy league" lockdown in the President's office.
you would actually vote for a candidate based on or partially based on where they went to college?

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I would like to comment on the CNN vs Fox News coverage. CNN wins hands down. I switched channels early on. Unlike biased Fox news, CNN had no dog in the hunt (really, they could care less who won the Iowa Republican caucus, apparently), had very impressive graphics and had a better variety of coverage on the ground.

Never ventured up the dial to see what MSNBC was doing. I should have checked out The Fox Business Channel.

As far as the results go, I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed that as small as the number of Iowa caucus goers are, I believe I heard that only 77 percent of those that actually voted were Republicans (23% were independents or almost one-quarter) going in to the caucus rooms. So GOP Machine, since you are hellbent on winning the election with Independents and a candidate who can attract Independents, I suggest you solicit Independents for donations, not me.
I hate the system they use in Iowa. That isn't the fault of the GOP. I just think the system is very flawed. Why can't we have the country devided into certain districts or regions and hold primaries accordingly? I remember when the most meaningful races were the March primaries and again in early June. Now, we have primaries, caucuses, this vote, that vote, etc. Please don't give up on the party. I know, it is easy, I too am very disappointed, but I will stick with the GOP unless something comes along or someone (unlikely) that can change my mind.

NIta

Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Saving America = getting obama out of office. """""

Yes, the Repugs have made that plain....that their ONLY concern is "getting Obama"....NOT creating jobs or improving the economy or ending the wars, improvong education, cleaning the air and water, fixing the illegal immigrant problem....
NOPE, Their ONLY concern is to "Get Obama"....

that's only playing well with whacko extremists who hate Obama more than they love their country....

Do, please tell me Romney's or Santorum's Plans To Save America.....I haven't heard any.....
Exactly. There are so many who don't care that we are going to be in the same boat, it's get rid of Obama at all costs. Who cares what's best for the country as long as Obama is gone. I think the Republicans talking s#!t about Paul and his supporters should be more careful, pissing us off means losing our vote and giving the election to Obama, which I will gladly do before I become a sheep and vote for who the GOP tells me to vote for.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Paul actually mentioned that this morning on FOX and FRIENDS. He said many of his votes came from Democrats and Independents. I really have a problem with this, but each state has to decide for themselves how they want to run their caucuses and primaries.

Nita
Agreed. The state in which the poster to whom you responded lives allows "cross-over" voting in the primaries. In fact, her state does not require party registration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections