Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,429,054 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul has said repeatedly that his campaign is not about him - it's about the movement (to go back to a Constitutional Republic). He works just as hard to keep the movement alive and going forward. That is a much bigger (and better) thing than just this presidential run. With all the young and independent voters he is attracting, I think the movement is growing AND THAT will be the difference maker in our future - not this present run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,297,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Even if I bought all of what Ron Paul espouses, and I don't...some of it maybe, he hasn't gotten anything done about any of it. In all these years in Congress, he hasn't gotten one thing passed that pertains to his message. If he becomes president, why would I think he would get anything done then?
The president has more power than a congressman.

I find it odd these people (not you specifically, dixie) who don't buy in to a foreign policy of peace.

Do they really believe that waging all out war with any nation we "suspect" of "possibly, many many years from now" having 1 nuclear weapon is a good idea? That somehow, killing many people (over 1 million Iraqis) creates good will with the people of said nation?

Who are these people that support war when the soldiers are saying-- "this war isn't a good idea." We should pack them all up and send them off to fight-- then they would know what war causes...

Most of the military on the ground, in the air, and over the water, supports Ron Paul. Don't you think these soldiers have a better idea about war than someone who just pins a damn American flag on the back of their vehicle?

What the hell is wrong with people?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,262,062 times
Then why the hell is this turd burglar even running? Does he honestly believe that Flip-Flop Romneytard or Frothy Mix--or whoever the GOP bozo nominee is--is going to adopt his libertarian policy positions at the convention? He's even more delusional than I thought.

Seriously, Ron Paul is starting to get on my nerves.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,297,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Then why the hell is this turd burglar even running? Does he honestly believe that Flip-Flop Romneytard or Frothy Mix--or whoever the GOP bozo nominee is--is going to adopt his libertarian policy positions at the convention? He's even more delusional than I thought.

Freedom annoys you?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 AM

79,238 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You are welcome. I post the news, regardless! I find it odd that someone runs for President for years and years and doesn't have a vision of being in the White House. Why waste all that time and money? Don't you need to see yourself as what you are trying to aspire to? How would some one be something so important as the President of the United Sates without thinking they could be?
There are people that run all the time for no other reason than to increase name recognition for future runs and various other motivations.

Heck, Obama was given a snowballs chance in heck vs. Hillary until after the Iowa primary.

Paul's comments are reasonable and in fact may be a smart ploy to continue to cloak himself as the "underdog outsider" which has A LOT of appeal in the current political atmosphere.

Basically, I think you completely missed both his strategy as well are ignoring the past 30+ years of presidential campaign history.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,733,350 times
its like when mcgovern ran for office. the young supported him but he lost landslide.
but its a message to the system, we are not happy how u r running the ship.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM

79,238 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post

Well you have staked out some rather clear positions on how you feel about the stealing of feces and the mentally handicapped....but I don't see those as issues that will connect with the voting public.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM

203 posts, read 519,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are people that run all the time for no other reason than to increase name recognition for future runs and various other motivations.

Heck, Obama was given a snowballs chance in heck vs. Hillary until after the Iowa primary.

Paul's comments are reasonable and in fact may be a smart ploy to continue to cloak himself as the "underdog outsider" which has A LOT of appeal in the current political atmosphere.

Basically, I think you completely missed both his strategy as well are ignoring the past 30+ years of presidential campaign history.

What future runs? He's 76 years old now! If he doesn't win this election do you really think he will try again for the next one? I do hope he wins though, I like the Constitution and think it is time to have it be what matters.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,041,021 times
Just as I knew Pat Paulsen would never win, the same is true of Paul. LOL!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Just as I knew Pat Paulsen would never win, the same is true of Paul. LOL!
Yeah...and you can tell, he sees his time is done, over, caput. He's toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections