Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

After being interrupted by Occupy protesters during a veterans rally in Des Moines, Iowa yesterday, Ron Paul praised the movement, compared it to the Tea Party and declared that he was the only GOP candidate who could bridge the two causes and instill real change in Washington.

“You are a servant of the 1%,” one woman was heard shouting in Paul’s direction, clearly either unaware or ignoring the fact that the Congressman has railed against the Federal Reserve system for over three decades and was the only candidate staunchly opposed to the banker bailouts.

“I am a veteran, my husband is a veteran…” the woman screamed, adding “does he care about us?”

Well, yes he does. The Congressman served as an Air Force surgeon, and while in office has tirelessly engaged in constituent service work on behalf of military veterans.

He was the only GOP candidate to write to the president recently to protest the fact that military retirees are now facing benefit cuts under the administration’s proposed $1.5 trillion dollar tax hike.

Despite his fierce anti-war stance, Paul’s unwavering support for veterans has seen him receive more donations from from active-duty military than all of the other Republican presidential candidates combined, as well as the president himself.

“The Tea Party movement started here, gets big, a lot of different people come in. I think the same thing has happened with Occupy. I put them together—I put both groups together. Because I think both groups are unhappy about what’s happening in Washington, and around the country, and the economic conditions.” The Congressman noted.

Prison Planet.com » Paul Vows To Unite Occupy And Tea Party Movements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Is this proof that some of the Occupy Folks are clueless about Ron Paul and what his stances are?

Or that some are just clueless in general?

Thanks for posting this because I was watching it live and had no clue what they were saying!

They were preaching to the choir!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Is this proof that some of the Occupy Folks are clueless about Ron Paul and what his stances are?

Thanks for posting this because I was watching it live and had no clue what they were saying!

Yeah, I have been a supporter of Occupy but am very disappointed that many have not found the Ron Paul-Occupy connection.
A lot of what they preach about Crony-Capitalism/Ending The Fed/Ending the Wars is what Ron Paul has been saying for decades.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,051 times
This is the second time Ron Paul has been "occupied" by these loons.

Ron Paul Town Hall Gets Occupied - YouTube

Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:

A lot of occupy people can't get past the (R) next to his name.

Many are with us though

Old 12-29-2011, 10:20 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:

Many in the anti-Occupy camp are fervent Ron Paul supporters. I wonder how this will play with them.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Another good reason to vote against Ron Paul.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Many in the anti-Occupy camp are fervent Ron Paul supporters. I wonder how this will play with them.
I'm surprised to read your take on that. I found the exact opposite to be true. Most RP supporters have no problem with OWS although many of us found their lack of a coherent message to be problematic. But, I have yet to meet anyone that didn't support or tolerate the movement.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another good reason to vote against Ron Paul.
Oh you're just grabbing at anything, aren't you?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm surprised to read your take on that. I found the exact opposite to be true. Most RP supporters have no problem with OWS although many of us found their lack of a coherent message to be problematic. But, I have yet to meet anyone that didn't support or tolerate the movement.
Really, so you haven't heard all those jokes and slams about OWS being violent and dirty and racist??? None have been by Ron Paul fans???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections