Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,503,598 times

Advertisements

does any of this really matter? No Republican threatining cuts to SS or Medicare will win Florida and Obama won our state by almost 250,000 votes in 2008 and he will win it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 AM

232 posts, read 150,927 times
Paul isn't threatening cuts to SS or Medicare. People really should understand what they are talking about before they make statements such as that above. He has said he will return medicare etc back to the states to deal with not by the feds.Ron Paul on Social Security

Says to allow people to fund their own retirement...SS is just another government welfare program bc the government doesn't think we can take care of ourselves.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,380,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
does any of this really matter? No Republican threatining cuts to SS or Medicare will win Florida and Obama won our state by almost 250,000 votes in 2008 and he will win it again.
Florida (FL) Poll * January 11, 2012 * Obama Ties Romney, Santorum In - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=1689 - broken link)

Sen. Marco Rubio demands an overhaul of Social Security and Medicare - Orlando Sentinel - your Senator had to win an election in Florida as well

Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,642,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
Paul isn't threatening cuts to SS or Medicare. People really should understand what they are talking about before they make statements such as that above. He has said he will return medicare etc back to the states to deal with not by the feds.Ron Paul on Social Security

Says to allow people to fund their own retirement...SS is just another government welfare program bc the government doesn't think we can take care of ourselves.
False. Completely un-true. Paul said he WILL cut these SS and MEDICARE programs and phase them out completely. Why not tell the truth about Paul's libertarian agenda.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM

791 posts, read 456,402 times
@ qg... Here are Dr. Paul's words on the subject...

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security?A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas.

Q: You said in 1988 that you would abolish Social Security. You’re OK with Social Security now? A: I think we need to offer the kids the chance to get out. But right now, if we don’t save the money, we can’t take care of the other. I never voted to spend one penny of Social Security money. So I’m the one that has saved it. I say take that money--and I say this constantly--don’t turn anybody out on the streets--people we have conditioned--but I would say take care of the people that are dependent on us. The only way you can do that is cut spending. If we don’t, they’re all going to be out in the street. Because right now Social Security beneficiaries are getting 2% raises, but their cost of living is going up 10%. A dollar crisis is going to wipe them all out.
[SIZE=1] Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series , Dec 23, 2007 [/SIZE]

Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
False. Completely un-true. Paul said he WILL cut these SS and MEDICARE programs and phase them out completely. Why not tell the truth about Paul's libertarian agenda.

All you gotta do is READ the link I provided for you. Laziness such a bad thing. I provided the link all you gotta do is read it. As far as Medicaid goes I can prove you wrong. Ron Paul: Medicare in Constitution - CSMonitor.com

Here I will quote what he says for ya

The congressman from Texas says individual states should be left to provide whatever health care coverage they want.
Paul says he doesn't want to throw seniors and children off federal health care programs. But he says a free society shouldn't let government meddle in important services like health care.

The states need to take over!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
All you gotta do is READ the link I provided for you. Laziness such a bad thing. I provided the link all you gotta do is read it. As far as Medicaid goes I can prove you wrong. Ron Paul: Medicare in Constitution - CSMonitor.com

Here I will quote what he says for ya

The congressman from Texas says individual states should be left to provide whatever health care coverage they want.
Paul says he doesn't want to throw seniors and children off federal health care programs. But he says a free society shouldn't let government meddle in important services like health care.

The states need to take over!

I'm not gonna get all worked up by paulistas, again.

Simply put....I disagree! I've heard Paul slyly describe his 'agenda'...and KNOW it's not Good! -

Old 01-13-2012, 12:10 PM

Lol ok. Its quite obvious you have your mind made up and personally I ain't here to change anyone's mind...You hate freedom and liberty and the government off your back then vote for 1 of the big government candidates more war more welfare....enjoy it.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,206,204 times
Quote:
Lol ok. Its quite obvious you have your mind made up and personally I ain't here to change anyone's mind...You hate freedom and liberty and the government off your back then vote for 1 of the big government candidates more war more welfare....enjoy it.
Ron Paul will lose, get over it.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Ron Paul will lose, get over it.

That has never been in doubt, has it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections