U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
 
8,754 posts, read 9,773,826 times
Reputation: 1432

Advertisements

http://www.cmpa.com/media_room_press_1_18_12.html


Frontrunner Mitt Romney is getting by far the most negative press of the GOP field, according to a new study of television news coverage by the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University. The study also found that the campaign horse race is getting over six times as much coverage as the candidates’ positions on policy issues. According to CMPA director and George Mason University professor Robert Lichter, “The media love a horse race and hate a frontrunner.”

Bad News for Romney Mitt Romney was the only major candidate to receive a majority of negative evaluations by sources and reporters, on both the broadcast network nightly news and FOX “Special Report.” (We measured evaluative comments about the candidates’ behavior, past records, issue positions, personal character, etc. However, we excluded comments about how they were faring in the campaign horse race.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
 
Location: So California
8,707 posts, read 10,473,171 times
Reputation: 4785
Its frontrunner status, it'll die down after he wins S.Car and Florida.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
 
8,754 posts, read 9,773,826 times
Reputation: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Its frontrunner status, it'll die down after he wins S.Car and Florida.


I hope you are right. I guess we will see if Newt wins SC and his negatives don't increase. I know Fox News is horribly biased against Mitt Romney and actually also Ron Paul. They have been in the tank for Newt since Perry flopped. I will say with the exception of Bill O'Reilly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,975 posts, read 15,812,369 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I hope you are right. I guess we will see if Newt wins SC and his negatives don't increase. I know Fox News is horribly biased against Mitt Romney and actually also Ron Paul. They have been in the tank for Newt since Perry flopped. I will say with the exception of Bill O'Reilly.
Please don't feed the Paulbots.

But, actually, I agree with you.

As far as Romney goes, it's like most of the media (certainly not just Fox News) just ignores all the good things about him. I learn new good things almost every day that would never be covered on any TV news network or TV news show.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 09:14 PM
 
26,676 posts, read 27,672,247 times
Reputation: 7937
Don't worry. Once Romney loses South Carolina, he won't get as much negative press coverage.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
 
6,761 posts, read 11,253,116 times
Reputation: 3025
Don't worry, everyone will get used to the negative press he will continue to get.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 PM
 
8,754 posts, read 9,773,826 times
Reputation: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Please don't feed the Paulbots.

But, actually, I agree with you.

As far as Romney goes, it's like most of the media (certainly not just Fox News) just ignores all the good things about him. I learn new good things almost every day that would never be covered on any TV news network or TV news show.

I know... me too. It's too bad most people don't go looking for the information. Have you read either of his books? They give so much more information than anybody ever hears. I do wish Romney would toot his own horn a little more...not to the obnoxious level Newt does, but some. I think it's just his upbringing and maybe his religious teachings that make it hard for him to do that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 PM
 
535 posts, read 565,258 times
Reputation: 320
maybe the networks just had a hard time finding positive things Romney has done in his life. Thus they could only post about the negative things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 AM
 
8,754 posts, read 9,773,826 times
Reputation: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
maybe the networks just had a hard time finding positive things Romney has done in his life. Thus they could only post about the negative things.


I am sure with all of his success and everything he has done in his life, that is probably it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,975 posts, read 15,812,369 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I know... me too. It's too bad most people don't go looking for the information. Have you read either of his books? They give so much more information than anybody ever hears. I do wish Romney would toot his own horn a little more...not to the obnoxious level Newt does, but some. I think it's just his upbringing and maybe his religious teachings that make it hard for him to do that.
I haven't read either of his books. I'm going to get them and read them soon.

Yes, Romney needs to start promoting himself more. He needs to make sure people know about all the good things about him. This isn't the time for modesty.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top