U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM

14,969 posts, read 15,314,028 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida Republican Presidential Primary

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...ase_FL_123.pdf

A PPP poll was conducted both Sunday and yesterday where Newt led Romney by 5 points.

The two others listed by RCP - a Rasmussen poll where Newt led Romney by 9 points and an Insider Advantage poll where Newt let Romney by 8 points - were conducted only on Sunday.

Newt winning is far from a sure thing, liberals/Democrats!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,032,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

This PPP poll was conducted both Sunday and yesterday.

The two others listed by RCP - a Rasmussen poll where Newt led Romney by 9 points and an Insider Advantage poll where Newt let Romney by 8 points - were conducted only on Sunday.
All Romney has to do is run an ad about Newt's "Spanish is a ghetto language" comment in Miami. Let's see how well that plays with the Cuban American community, who is majority Republican.

Gingrich Called Spanish 'Ghetto' Language | Drudge Retort (http://www.drudge.com/news/150415/gingrich-called-spanish-ghetto-language - broken link)

Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 AM

9,984 posts, read 9,718,953 times
Quote:

This PPP poll was conducted both Sunday and yesterday.

Romney's support is softer though. With that said its one heck of an improvement over the last PPP poll 12 points.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 AM

4,110 posts, read 4,163,661 times
It's going to be a rough week.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM

35,158 posts, read 45,284,108 times
If Romney does go on to lose Florida, he is toast for the nomination. FL is a must win for him now. Mitt is damaged goods now with a big "1%" tatoo on his forehead, in any case. Newt might be tougher. Dems underestimate him and his chances.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM

8,283 posts, read 12,693,117 times
Go look at my other posts about NEWT! He has insulted the hispanic community in Florida by saying "Spanish" is a "ghetto" language! Put a fork in him because he is done!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 AM

8,755 posts, read 9,454,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If Romney does go on to lose Florida, he is toast for the nomination. FL is a must win for him now. Mitt is damaged goods now with a big "1%" tatoo on his forehead, in any case. Newt might be tougher. Dems underestimate him and his chances.

No, Dems understand Newt's chances exactly as they are...he doesn't stand a chance in a general election. He will lose in a landslide. They have information on him we haven't seen yet and are just waiting with it.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 AM

8,755 posts, read 9,454,389 times
Quote:

A PPP poll was conducted both Sunday and yesterday where Newt led Romney by 5 points.

Newt winning is far from a sure thing, liberals/Democrats!

I think we will see some tightening up after last night's debate. There are some more things coming this week also. It's gonna get interesting to say the least. If a few of the key players in Fla had gotten off of their chicken butts and got behind Romney it would have been nice. I am more than pissed with some of these people, especially since he has always helped them out. Pam Bondi didn't let the Tea Party intimidate her. It seems the women have more guts than the men overall in the Republican party. Jim DeMint, Jeb Bush, and Marco Rubio are on my bad list right now.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM

665 posts, read 1,186,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think we will see some tightening up after last night's debate. There are some more things coming this week also. It's gonna get interesting to say the least. If a few of the key players in Fla had gotten off of their chicken butts and got behind Romney it would have been nice. I am more than pissed with some of these people, especially since he has always helped them out. Pam Bondi didn't let the Tea Party intimidate her. It seems the women have more guts than the men overall in the Republican party. Jim DeMint, Jeb Bush, and Marco Rubio are on my bad list right now.
I dont know last nights debate was kind of a snooze fest both mitt and newt looked out of there element, I dont think it changed the polls. I think the only reason mitt is doing better iin florida is because he's spent 7 million dollars,so far and Newt has spent none,it seems the only way mitt can compete is with money,and now that the billionaire from nevada has wrote another check to gingrich its going to even out.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

9,600 posts, read 15,567,906 times
My dad lives in Naples and says the whole Gulf Coast has been on Newt's side all along.

Guess we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections