Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Perhaps then you should read up on libertarian principles. Google is your friend.
I've read about your libertarian principles. I'll say it again, its just darwinism, or do you perfer survival of the fittest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not really. The more I listen to him, the happier I am that there are other choices.

As for the OP: WaPo hasn't been liberal, let alone ultra liberal for years. Thinking so is pretty funny.
I read that Dr. Paul's secretary reported that he proof-read every issue of the newsletter that went out. That means that someone lied. I tend to believe that it is the person who has the most to gain.

There are always exceptions to the rules, look how many people killed Christ, and all he wanted to do was save them from their own corrupt and hypocritical lawless lives ... They called him all sorts of things too, like whoremonger and alcoholic(winebiber) Heretic, blasphemer, demon possessed ... Then they pierced him with 9 inch nails and hung a crown of thorns on his head.

He was associated with Judas, the betrayer, who like these ex and former aids and staffers, tried to manipulate and benefit from the betrayal of Christ - 20 pieces of silver ... I wonder how much the Koch brothers are paying these fools for there slander and betrayal?

Ignorant people will remain ignorant, until they suffer the full consequences of their foolishness and ignorance, and even then only a few ever learn enough from their mistakes to truly grow from it. When the dollar collapses and this nation is falling apart at the seems and there is massive civil unrest in this country(that makes the occupy movement look like a Disney parade) and you cant get your meds or feed yourself or your children, it will remain to be seen if you learn anything from it all. Something tells me you will be first in line at the local FEMA camp begging for more ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-31-2012 at 12:16 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Ok, so if you are a republican or democrat you are brainwashed. If you are libertarian, that means you can think for yourself. I've never understood why if you go mainstream you're an idiot, but if you are anti-establishment, you're some genius.

I never made those comparisons, though i understand your point. Still, there are plenty of retarded "libertarians" who are actually progressive neo-cons disguising themselves as people who care about liberty, but in fact one cannot care about liberty if one does not believe in liberty for all and if one does not understand the fact that in the end peace and liberty are mutually dependent on one another(though often liberty must be fought for), or haven't you noticed all the liberties and rights we the American people have lost due to all these unnecessary and illegal and ultimately expensive wars?

Of course i dont expect people like you to understand the first thing about the necessity of Peacful trade and non-intervention in order to have a free and prosperous nation ... that is why you do not like Paul(beyond the fact that you have racist issues), because you dont understand or even appreciate freedom. That is why you will never truly be free, but instead only remain free in appearances but will continue to be enslaved to the corrupt system and your international bankster masters ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-31-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
I've read about your libertarian principles. I'll say it again, its just darwinism, or do you perfer survival of the fittest?

Ridiculous!!!!! Better check again instead of making assumptions! Libertarians believe in equal opportunity for ALL, as well as that a business should be able to operate however it sees fit so long as it DOESN'T HARM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS! And when it comes to individuals, libertartians believe you should be able to be free to do what you wish with your property as well as yourself so long as it DOESN'T HARM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS! It's really not a hard concept!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
They reported a slanted version of the truth, one that compels your little jilted mind perhaps, but it is hardly the truth in the truest sense, for instance -
Okay, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Let's go over the story, paragraph by paragraph.

Paragraph 1--Ron Paul published a newsletter to make money and spread his ideas.

True or False?

Paragraph 2--Ron Paul denies making the racially inflammatory statements in the newsletter, and he didn't even read them. His friends and supporters say that he does not hold racist views.

True or False?

Paragraph 3--People close to Ron Paul say he paid very close attention to what was in the newsletter.

True or False?

Paragraph 4--His secretary says he paid close attention to what was in the newsletters, and regularly proofread it.

True or False?

Paragraphs 5 and 6--The newsletters were intertwined with his political efforts, business efforts, and family.

True or False?

Paragraph 7--his campaign spokesman says he had nothing to do with what was in the newsletters.

True or False?

Paragraph 8--Another supporter says he doesn't think Paul was involved with what was in the newsletters.

True or False?

Paragraph 9--Paul denies writing or reading the racist material.

True or False?

I could go on and on, but I won't.

This article from the Post includes a few statements that Ron Paul was pretty intimately aware of what he was publishing in his newsletter. It also includes lots of statements from people defending Ron Paul from allegations that he is a racist or knowingly published racist statements. Neither you nor I knows who's telling the truth about Ron Paul's personal views, much less the level of his involvement in the newsletter he published. Ron Paul has one story, but it's not the only story.

You and other Ron Paul supporters are complaining about the printing of both sides of the story. The fact is, that you want what is "true in the truest sense" to be whatever doesn't make Ron Paul look bad, and will interpret anything that doesn't support your favored view of your savior as an attack.

Unfortunately for you, the world doesn't work that way.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
After reading the Washington Post article, linked in the OP, I've learned that those allegedly offensive writings we attributed to Ron Paul and Ron Paul apparently didn't correct them for decades until someone pointed them out. He owns them. They're his. No matter how far or fast he wants to run from them. People should inform themselves and make their own decision about supporting the guy.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ridiculous!!!!! Better check again instead of making assumptions! Libertarians believe in equal opportunity for ALL, as well as that a business should be able to operate however it sees fit so long as it DOESN'T HARM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS! And when it comes to individuals, libertartians believe you should be able to be free to do what you wish with your property as well as yourself so long as it DOESN'T HARM OTHERS IN THE PROCESS! It's really not a hard concept!
1. You assume that everybody will have an equal opportunity. Not everybody is born with last name trump. If people can't afford the resources to even attempt to be successful than they are screwed. I would buy that equal opportunity line if everbody in this country starts off on equal footing.

2. I don't see how denying people basic services for reasons like skin color is not harming others. You guys are ok with someone discriminating against people because you assume that business will shut down. What happens when that busines doesn't shut down. its just a slippery slope. Ya'll assume people will act morally responsible without government running the show. I just don't see it that way.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
There are always exceptions to the rules, look how many people killed Christ, and all he wanted to do was save them from their own corrupt and hypocritical lawless lives ... They called him all sorts of things too, like whoremonger and alcoholic(winebiber) Heretic, blasphemer, demon possessed ... Then they pierced him with 9 inch nails and hung a crown of thorns on his head.

He was associated with Judas, the betrayer, who like these ex and former aids and staffers, tried to manipulate and benefit from the betrayal of Christ - 20 pieces of silver ... I wonder how much the Koch brothers are paying these fools for there slander and betrayal?

Ignorant people will remain ignorant, until they suffer the full consequences of their foolishness and ignorance, and even then only a few ever learn enough from their mistakes to truly grow from it. When the dollar collapses and this nation is falling apart at the seems and there is massive civil unrest in this country(that makes the occupy movement look like a Disney parade) and you cant get your meds or feed yourself or your children, it will remain to be seen if you learn anything from it all. Something tells me you will be first in line at the local FEMA camp begging for more ...

Talk about ignorant - it was 30 pieces of silver.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
1. You assume that everybody will have an equal opportunity. Not everybody is born with last name trump. If people can't afford the resources to even attempt to be successful than they are screwed. I would buy that equal opportunity line if everbody in this country starts off on equal footing.

2. I don't see how denying people basic services for reasons like skin color is not harming others. You guys are ok with someone discriminating against people because you assume that business will shut down. What happens when that busines doesn't shut down. its just a slippery slope. Ya'll assume people will act morally responsible without government running the show. I just don't see it that way.

Everyone WOULD have an equal opportunity!!! No playing favorites! As with freedom comes individual responsibility something that people in this country have become allergic to! LIVE AND LET LIVE! In other words, don't screw with me, and I won't screw with you. Furthermore, where did I say it was OK to deny someone basic services for reasons such as skin color? I DIDN'T, so quit trying to paint us all with a broad brush! And yes, I truly believe that in 2012 if a business would discriminate soley on skin color it would be harmed, because most of today's society has no tolerance for ignorance and bigotry! Now having said that, I'll give you an example of where a business owner has the RIGHT to deny someone entry into their establishment. I worked in a lot of clubs around NE Ohio, and most clubs enacted a dress code. Some examples; no skull caps, no hoodies, no dew rags, no white t's, no saggy jeans, ect... ect... See while you may see it as discriminating, others see it as keeping the drama out. And you know what I'm talking about! It wasn't racial, considering white folks were also turned away for not adhering to the dress code. Club owners didn't want a certain element in their clubs. They own the place. It's their right! Nowhere did the rules say, "no black people."

Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Okay, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Let's go over the story, paragraph by paragraph.

Paragraph 1--Ron Paul published a newsletter to make money and spread his ideas.

True or False?
False, show me what money he made off of these news letters, where is the money and or where is the money trail? Paul has already said the reasons he put out his newsletters, because he was taking an hiatus from his political career to devote time to his medical profession and to his family and he wanted to keep his name out there and alive in the minds of his constituents.

Quote:
Paragraph 2--Ron Paul denies making the racially inflammatory statements in the newsletter, and he didn't even read them. His friends and supporters say that he does not hold racist views.

True or False?
He never said that he didn't ever read the newsletters, he said that he didn't read the 9 or so passages in those letters that are inflammatory and under criticism ... There were hundreds of newsletters and only a very small percentage, less than one percent, of those news letters had anything remotely racist or bigoted in them. It is not hard to understand or accept that Dr, Paul while trying to juggle his professional medical career and his family along with a political career at the same time that he might have missed those 9 or so statements. It is certainly unfortunate that it happened, but to say that Dr. Paul is himself a racist because of of these ancient news letters is altogether intellectually dishonest.

Quote:
Paragraph 3--People close to Ron Paul say he paid very close attention to what was in the newsletter.

True or False?
False, those people are not close to Ron Paul, they claim to have been close to Ron paul 20 years ago when these newsletters where written, but they obviously have no affiliation with him at this time, and their association with him and how long they were associated with him and to what exstent is all hear say. Im not saying they were not at one time associated with Dr. Paul and or his campaign, but that does nothing to prove their claims, and his own actions and words do everything to disprove the claim that he is a racist. I would like to know the opinion of those sources about Paul, the lady Renae Hathway that they say told them these things they also say still supports Dr. Paul, does that mean she is a racist? Does she believe Paul is a racist and she still supports him? Or maybe they took her words and quoted her out of context? Or maybe she is a set up? Can you prove one way or the other?

Quote:
Paragraph 4--His secretary says he paid close attention to what was in the newsletters, and regularly proofread it.

True or False?
I don't know if it was true or false, but say again either they misquoted this woman out context or this woman who supports Paul must be a racist herself if she believes Paul to be one as well. And regardless of whether he proof read some or all of the hundreds of letters, its highly doubtful he took the time to read every last thing in them and likely browsed over them and it is still very likely he missed those 9 or so phrases.

Quote:
Paragraphs 5 and 6--The newsletters were intertwined with his political efforts, business efforts, and family.

True or False?
There were different news letters, dealing with different subjects ...

Quote:
Paragraph 7--his campaign spokesman says he had nothing to do with what was in the newsletters.

True or False?
False, they say he had nothing to do with the racially charged material in those news letters. That he himself did not write them, and that he never read those 9 or so statements that are under criticism.

Quote:
Paragraph 8--Another supporter says he doesn't think Paul was involved with what was in the newsletters.

True or False?
How do i know, another supporter? That is hearsay ...

Quote:
Paragraph 9--Paul denies writing or reading the racist material.

True or False?
True ...

Quote:
I could go on and on, but I won't.
And you could continue to show how ignorant you are about the whole stupid situation ...

Quote:
This article from the Post includes a few statements that Ron Paul was pretty intimately aware of what he was publishing in his newsletter. It also includes lots of statements from people defending Ron Paul from allegations that he is a racist or knowingly published racist statements. Neither you nor I knows who's telling the truth about Ron Paul's personal views, much less the level of his involvement in the newsletter he published. Ron Paul has one story, but it's not the only story.

You and other Ron Paul supporters are complaining about the printing of both sides of the story. The fact is, that you want what is "true in the truest sense" to be whatever doesn't make Ron Paul look bad, and will interpret anything that doesn't support your favored view of your savior as an attack.

Unfortunately for you, the world doesn't work that way.
We want these people to prove what they say and we want the MSM to cover Paul's campaign honestly and from a neutral facts based perspective. We want them to spend as much time honestly communicating his platform as much as they spend trying to criticize it. There are many instances of their unfair and biased handling of Paul's campaign - one such is calling him an Isolationist. N. Korea is an isolationist nation, Paul is a non-interventionist, and if you cannot understand the differences between what Paul proposes verses how the N. Koreans handle foreign policy, then you are either simply ignorant, or you are disingenuous and intellectually dishonest if not altogether an slanderer and liar. Of course we don't expect the Military Industrial Complex controlled MSM to do any justice where their single greatest threat is concerned, that being the Good Dr. Paul and his campaign for POTUS.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-31-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections