Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,037,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
you do realize that if ron paul wins the GOP spot, this is going to come up again?
I hope so. There needs to be a real discussion in this
country about "racism", not just for blacks.
And how it is used so carelessly in politics.

If you believe Ron Paul is a racist, by all means
don't vote for him. But I suggest you listen to
him speak on occasion before you come to that
conclusion so immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,711,234 times
A lot of people probably don't know that in 2004, Ron Paul voted against the House resolution to recognize the 40th anniversary of the 1964 civil rights bill.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM

791 posts, read 462,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
A lot of people probably don't know that in 2004, Ron Paul voted against the House resolution to recognize the 40th anniversary of the 1964 civil rights bill.
Do you know WHY he did that, or are you ASSuming?

Here, go read what he said when he did it...

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/civil-rights-act/

Last edited by 'Zona Stona; 01-27-2012 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Added link

Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,081,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
Do you know WHY he did that, or are you ASSuming?
because he is racist

Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
because he is racist
OK, you're assuming...

I linked what he said at the time of his vote, you should go educate yourself...

Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,557,259 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight. He starts a company that is supposed to be printing newsletters. They end up being racist newsletters, he doesn't know they contain racism, yet signs off on them anyway. As a black man, I don't think obama has been the greatest, but I'm supposed to think ron paul is a better option. Well atleast ron paul doesn't believe in hanging "no blacks allowed" signs in front of stores, oh wait, he does believe in that.

I guess if you are comparing Obama to your fantasy version of Ron Paul then, yeah, Obama wins.

But compared to real world Ron Paul, Obama doesn't stand a chance.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Again, there were racist newslettes being printed under his watch. Depending on who you believe, he either read every letter that got printed or just blindly signed off on the letters. either way, thats a huge problem in my book. If you are a white person, I understand you not caring about the newsletters, but as a black man, I couldn't support a man who allows that to go on, whether it was intentional or not.
But you support a white man who says that Obama should only be in the White House as a servant (Bill Clinton).

Hypocrisy much?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,081,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I hope so. There needs to be a real discussion in this
country about "racism", not just for blacks.
And how it is used so carelessly in politics.

If you believe Ron Paul is a racist, by all means
don't vote for him. But I suggest you listen to
him speak on occasion before you come to that
conclusion so immediately.
Here is the reality. He ran a news publication that contained racist statements about minorities in the news letters. That is FACT. None of you ron paul supporters can deny that. You simply choose to ignore that part of his past. Its going to come up constantly and it will be used against him. That is a huge reason why I would never want him as my president. It will go back to the 1950's with that guy.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
So will Obama being born in Kenya.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Here is the reality. He ran a news publication that contained racist statements about minorities in the news letters. That is FACT. None of you ron paul supporters can deny that. You simply choose to ignore that part of his past. Its going to come up constantly and it will be used against him. That is a huge reason why I would never want him as my president. It will go back to the 1950's with that guy.
Absolute fear-mongering. I get the impression that liberty, freedom and true equality scares the pee-pee out of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections