Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,860,760 times

Advertisements

Santorum is a wonderful dadof 7 kids and I believe ancient man with some good ideas but twosome of his views go to far. I don't agree with him on abortion although in most cases I'm against abortion since it can be prevented by using the birth control pill or morning after pill.

In cases of rape who is Santorum to tell a woman to have the baby!

I'm also wondering what a father of 7 is doing to run for the presidency when the he has younger kids and one that is a special needs child that needs. All the attention it can get. After all he is the one preaching to have the baby being born and I'm all for parents to decide what to do themselves.

My mother in law youngest brother ( child # 14) had down syndrome and was expected not to live more than anew years at the most...he. Passed away at the age of 56 and never could. Speak, talk or take care of himself and most of his live lived in a special care home paid with government money in Europe...even his mother who was very religious told us when she was in her eighties that if she had the chance she would have chosen for abortion since per her statement the quality of life and the cost for society were so high that would in hind sight her opinion. To us she was and everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

To me a man like Mitt Romney who has grown up kids and has a track record of making businesses and the Olympic Games successful, has the best credentials...maybe not perfect but who is.

Paul is nice but has some good ideas but many crazy ideas that to me are scary!

Gingrich has shown a hypocritical side many times over...first when he was speaking out about Clinton's affairs, while he had the same....about the stocks he owes from Freddie Mac and the $ 1.6 million salary he received from FreddieMac for being a historicus...haha, does he really want us to believe that and many times I've heard that many people who worked for him couldn't stand his temper and left...

That leaves Romney!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,528,726 times
He should drop out, honestly.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,255,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm also wondering what a father of 7 is doing to run for the presidency when the he has younger kids and one that is a special needs child that needs.
President Tyler had 15 children.

I ignored the rest of your posting because the thread isnt about Clinton, Gingrich, Romney, or Paul.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,091,527 times
We don't know what the current condition is with his daughter. She has been hospitalized many times throughout her life, and has always come back. If her conditions were to become more serious (and given her condition that would not be terribly unlikely), I guarantee you Rick Santorum would never put his personal ambitions over his love of his family.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:06 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
I wish all candidates would stay the course throughout the primary season. By the time we get to vote hardly anyone is running and right now not one on the Republican ticket is worthy of my vote. I mean not one still campaigning. Hopefully the others will still be on the ticket unless one is voting in Virginia. LOL Wonder if people in Virginia are allowed to write names in on the ballot?

I think it is interesting that you think yourself important enough to tell a presidental candidate whether or not he should stay in the race. How many people are there in America? I don't think four states should be making the whole decision for the entire Republican party. I can decide for myself; thank you very much.

As for me, I wish we had at least one candidate that knows something besides "guys" to call other people. I hate being called a four letter word.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,195,929 times
My prayers for little Bella! I hope she is out of the hospital and soon!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:56 PM

753 posts, read 845,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
My prayers for little Bella! I hope she is out of the hospital and soon!
Yes, I hadn't heard this but certainly sending thoughts and prayers to their family.

I could never support him based on his social views, but we all can tell he is a family man. That said, it may be time to spend more time with them. He was about the call it quits before he put it all on Iowa and surprised a lot of folks. But he can't compete in other states mainly because he's broke. He says a lot of things many GOPers want to hear. He's got to say them for 18+ Debates now.

"My family needs me." seems to be a good way for him to suspend this campaign immediately.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM

39,126 posts, read 51,407,276 times
If he quits and soon, Newt might be able to pull it out. Romney is still not popular with rank and file republicans. But Romney effectively divided and conquered the conservatives in the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections