Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times

Advertisements

I keep noticing polls where women favor romney over gingrich by larger margins than men. I'm not quite sure if this is because gingrich is/was a serial adulterer or if because they consciously/subconsciously want to lay in the sack with willard. what do you all think?, particularly womens' opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I keep noticing polls where women favor romney over gingrich by larger margins than men. I'm not quite sure if this is because gingrich is/was a serial adulterer or if because they consciously/subconsciously want to lay in the sack with willard. what do you all think?, particularly womens' opinions.
WOW, never seen a poster insult so many women in one short post, good luck, you are going to need it.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM

21 posts, read 21,024 times
Quote:
Thanks, I needed a laugh.

It could be that women are a bit more leary/sensitive of/to an angry man that seems to lash out toward anyone question his greatness. He is clearly a misogynist and many women are more turned off by that then are "turned on" by Mitt.

Wow! women think with their genitals? They aren't cut out to make political decisions based on facts and sound reasoning. Revoke the 19th amendment, what was anyone thinking? Next, what will we say about women and support for Obama?

Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
I think most women are a little more sophisticated and intelligent than you seem to understand.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 PM

531 posts, read 501,880 times
Probably some men, too.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
I think the gay men are salivating over obummer and hoping he will notice them is more like it. After all.....men are far inferior to women. To demean a man saying he votes for looks is spot on!!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
How unbelievably insulting! Women actually think more clearly than men, because they rely on past experience and intuition as well as logic, while men are linear thinkers who seldom get past logic alone. ( See Women's Ways of Knowing. ) That being said, neither candidate will receive support from the majority of women voters, because we care about issues like reproductive health, equal pay for equal work, any legislation that would force a woman/girl to bear the child conceived in rape or incest and a safe abortion if the mother's health is in danger. Women aren't Kleenex, one just the same as the next. We're individuals, and not prone to vote for a candidate based solely on looks; we care about their character and ideas.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
How unbelievably insulting! Women actually think more clearly than men, because they rely on past experience and intuition as well as logic, while men are linear thinkers who seldom get past logic alone. ( See Women's Ways of Knowing. ) That being said, neither candidate will receive support from the majority of women voters, because we care about issues like reproductive health, equal pay for equal work, any legislation that would force a woman/girl to bear the child conceived in rape or incest and a safe abortion if the mother's health is in danger. Women aren't Kleenex, one just the same as the next. We're individuals, and not prone to vote for a candidate based solely on looks; we care about their character and ideas.
Yes, but you're talking about Dem women. Repub women are a bit of a different breed, i think. I mean no offense by asking if women favor romney because of his looks. why do so many take offense?

Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
How very sexist of you....unfortunately sexism , unlike it's equivalent, racism , is allowed in CD.

How 'bout all those men who are favoring Romney???? They all got the hots for him????

Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Yes, but you're talking about Dem women. Repub women are a bit of a different breed, i think. I mean no offense by asking if women favor romney because of his looks. why do so many take offense?
No, I'm not. I can assure you that there are many Republican women who care about the same issues, either in their own self-interest or concern for other female family members, friends, co-workers...all females. They have daughters to worry about, and what kind of fool would knowingly work for a lower paycheck than a man doing the same job?
We take offense because the question implies that women are frivolous and shallow when it comes to choosing a candidate. We aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections