Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times

Advertisements

Romney better hope there is no singing component to the presidential race :

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ddFA52AkfvU-iQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
I swear, how funny the timing, Obama sings, and actually really sounds like Al Green, then Romney feels the need to sing at a rally

Really??? This is why I just cannot support him, he will do anything to become President. Hmm, singing seemed cool when Obama did it, I'll do it too. .I still have not heard Romney give a cogent answer as to why he would make a great leader, or what his plans are..He cannot continue to hide behind the super pacs, at some point he has to state why he is so good, and not why the other person is so bad....

Old 02-01-2012, 11:12 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Mitt's song was a very patriotic one and he was speaking to a group of older Americans which was very appropriate to the crowd. He always sings along with the National Anthem and such when it is sung before the debates. He has served as a minister in his church at times as a bishop, so leading music is sort of something you are used to doing.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Well, Mitt can at least sing in tune! I doubt he'll be leading the Mormon Tabernacle Choir without some vocal coaching. I'll be waiting to hear him serenade the 18-24 y.o. crowd with his version of Lady GaGa's "Born This Way"!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,408,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Mitt's song was a very patriotic one and he was speaking to a group of older Americans which was very appropriate to the crowd. He always sings along with the National Anthem and such when it is sung before the debates. He has served as a minister in his church at times as a bishop, so leading music is sort of something you are used to doing.
i think you're correct. i don't know why people focused on this really. he has sung America the Beautiful in the past too. It's a little cheesy in my opinion, but I don't care one way or the other. I hadn't thought of the minister thing (though a bishop in LDS is different than what most christians know as a bishop). But either way...chalk this up to another "who cares"

Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Dixie, you are supersensitive when it comes to Mitt...anytime anyone has anything to say about him, you feel the need to defend him. Personally he seems like a really nice guy,and he has what seems to be a fantastic family.If I really felt he was a moderate, and not the extreme right wing nut he is pretending to be, I could support him. Unfortunately, he will tell each audience what it wants to hear, and he seems to be a follower, as Ive said before, I dont know which Mitt will be in the White House. He has not convinced me that he will not be pushed over by the likes of the Eric Cantor crowd....

Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
What would happen if Mitt Romney and Barack Obama had singing contest and nobody cared???

And here comes the positive racial stereotyping courtesy of me. Black people generally sing better and are less tone deaf than white folk. I'll now sit back and let everyone call me a racist for that.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What would happen if Mitt Romney and Barack Obama had singing contest and nobody cared???

And here comes the positive racial stereotyping courtesy of me. Black people generally sing better and are less tone deaf than white folk. I'll now sit back and let everyone call me a racist for that.
You mean... dem black folks gots rythym?

Just screwin' with ya, man...

Though I gotta say, there have been a couple times when Obama has, for better or worse, intentionally or otherwise, said or done things to subtly remind us that in 2008 we elected a black man as president!

And I feel proud of us all over again

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

lol, i have to agree with you, and no, I dont think you are racist

Old 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Dixie, you are supersensitive when it comes to Mitt...anytime anyone has anything to say about him, you feel the need to defend him. Personally he seems like a really nice guy,and he has what seems to be a fantastic family.If I really felt he was a moderate, and not the extreme right wing nut he is pretending to be, I could support him. Unfortunately, he will tell each audience what it wants to hear, and he seems to be a follower, as Ive said before, I dont know which Mitt will be in the White House. He has not convinced me that he will not be pushed over by the likes of the Eric Cantor crowd....

Just trying to give a little insight into his background for those who don't know. You have made it clear, you are not interested and that is your choice. So why comment on what I said at all? What I said is fact...period. No one is trying to convince you of anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections