Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
One problem: the election is nine months off and the GOP hasn't nominated Romney (the supposed winner) yet.

Exactly. That's the only problem with this piece. It ignores half of the ledger, and yet predicts a 'huge Obama loss.'

Finally a critic with a rational criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,987 times
I question some of that. Oregon, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Mexico and Nevada may go to Obama.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
Romney will win Nevada, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New Mexico easily.

Oregon will follow California and vote for Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I question some of that. Oregon, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Mexico and Nevada may go to Obama.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Hmmmmm.... Depends on what and where you read your information. Although the Righties hate to admit Obama's approval ratings have steadily gone up since the major blowup with the jobs bill, as the economy gets better, so will his approval ratings. You can believe your polls if you choose but the facts are the facts.

Poll: Obama Approval Ratings Increase in 2012 | Loop21

The President’s approval rating is showing some promising sings for his re-election chances this year. If he can sustain higher approval ratings through early November, his odds of winning a second term will increase.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Obama's approval rating has been steadily rising in multiple polls over the last few months. Even conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports has Obama's approval rating tied at 49 approve, 49 disapprove. As an aggregate, Obama's current approval rating is 47%, a far cry from the 41% a few months ago.

Fox News and conservative pundits like to pick and choose which polls they quote because they are in denial that some people believe Obama is doing a decent job.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Obama's approval rating has been steadily rising in multiple polls over the last few months. Even conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports has Obama's approval rating tied at 49 approve, 49 disapprove. As an aggregate, Obama's current approval rating is 47%, a far cry from the 41% a few months ago.

Fox News and conservative pundits like to pick and choose which polls they quote because they are in denial that some people believe Obama is doing a decent job.
I would say that the people in denial are the ones who think that Obama will easily win re-election. It's not going to happen with his record of failure. Unless, of course, the GOP is dumb enough to nominate someone like Ron Paul to run against him.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
At this point in time, all these polls are of limited value. Politically speaking, the actual election is lightyears away and so many things can happen between now and then. There isn't even an official Republican nominee yet.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
At this point in time, all these polls are of limited value. Politically speaking, the actual election is lightyears away and so many things can happen between now and then. There isn't even an official Republican nominee yet.
Clark, you've written a post that I 100% agree with. Congratulations.

Although I do think Mitt is pretty much the nominee, despite Trump's big endorsement of Newt tomorrow.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,811,724 times
I disapprove of Obama because he is too conservative. He is an establishment, Wall Street loving Democrat. I will probably vote for him though, because American conservatism is essentially an extremist movement that is dangerous to both the country and the wider world (Ron Paul excepted).

Anyway polls don't matter until after the conventions.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I disapprove of Obama because he is too conservative. He is an establishment, Wall Street loving Democrat. I will probably vote for him though, because American conservatism is essentially an extremist movement that is dangerous to both the country and the wider world (Ron Paul excepted).

Anyway polls don't matter until after the conventions.
The fact that you think Obama is in any way conservative proves beyond any doubt that you are the only extremist in the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections