Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 09:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So dems don't go to church?
Too many of them are atheist in appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
No... don't be dull. It's that most Catholics use birth control so this is a non issue. However, there are still some Catholics who naively still believe you should only have sex for procreation (how's that working?). Those naive Catholics are the ones who vote Republican and won't be voting for Obama regardless. Understand?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:58 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Religious Dems don't believe this "war on religion" crap, get it?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No... don't be dull. It's that most Catholics use birth control so this is a non issue. However, there are still some Catholics who naively still believe you should only have sex for procreation (how's that working?). Those naive Catholics are the ones who vote Republican and won't be voting for Obama regardless. Understand?
You "can" get pregnant on the pill.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Religious Dems don't believe this "war on religion" crap, get it?
So you took a poll of All religious deems or just the liberal ones that have hijacked the democrat party? Or really just guessing?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Read my just posted link and maybe you can see why many Catholics have to change their minds now. Of course, Catholics have largely voted Democrat for many years (forever) but I think that Obama took a chance that they wouldn't do the trick if he tried to force this on them.

I think that other Christians will eventually see that forcing the Catholic hospitals to play that game is a heavy jab at all Christians with the Catholics just getting to be first.
I think you're talking about this Pew study?

Trends in Party Identification of Religious Groups - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

NOT good news for the democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Requiring that health care organizations provide actual health care is a "war on religion"? The right wing spin machine whips itself into another frenzy.
These Catholic organizations treat EVERYBODY, regardless of religious affiliation. Maybe that should change so they aren't FORCED to provide services/products that are anathema to their beliefs? Obama just last week lost a BIG case at SCOTUS on this very question - how far can the government go in dictating to a religious organization about their employees.....the court found obama went too far there, a 9-0 decision. I imagine they will find the same on this case. See, the point is the same...obama OVERREACHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
lots of catholics have become useful idiot,. who get to vote without knowing what they are voting for!!!
A LOT were duped in 2008 who are now regretting their vote, I would imagine. He got 54% of the Catholic vote in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I hope Obama wins.
Really? I would have never imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
How the hell is it going to cost him any votes? The only ones who believe this war on religion crap are the right wing loons and they'd never vote for him anyway
Did you bother reading any of the articles posted? Both Catholic Left and Right are united in egregious over stepping of his constitutional authority.

Again, in case you MISSED the news - 54% of Catholics voted for obama in 2008. Yeah, no votes there, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
This isn't about whether they use or approve of contraception. It's about his overreach.

And I imagine Catholics would be opposed with their institutions have to provide morning after pills (abortion pills) and sterilization services, which go against their religious beliefs.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Rachel Maddow Lays Waste To The GOP‘s Bogus Obama War On Religion

On Meet The Press, Rachel Maddow debunked the Republican claim that Obama has declared war on religion and exposed the secret conservative agenda against contraception.
Rachel Maddow Lays Waste To The GOP

Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rachel Maddow Lays Waste To The GOP‘s Bogus Obama War On Religion

On Meet The Press, Rachel Maddow debunked the Republican claim that Obama has declared war on religion and exposed the secret conservative agenda against contraception.
Rachel Maddow Lays Waste To The GOP

Bravo, Rachel! The GOP war on women's health and reproductive rights is in full swing, and thinking women will push back, as happened with the recent PP vs SGK incident. The concept of a war against religion is just the new GOP talking point, as evidenced by the threads here echoing what the RW talking heads were saying in the film clip. When people are told that they can't go to church, then I'll believe that there's a "war on religion." Until then, I can only pity those naive enough to buy this garbage.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 AM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Bravo, Rachel! The GOP war on women's health and reproductive rights is in full swing, and thinking women will push back, as happened with the recent PP vs SGK incident. The concept of a war against religion is just the new GOP talking point, as evidenced by the threads here echoing what the RW talking heads were saying in the film clip. When people are told that they can't go to church, then I'll believe that there's a "war on religion." Until then, I can only pity those naive enough to buy this garbage.
And yet when someone decides to stop donating to PP when their guidelines state they do not donate to organizations under investigation and PP is under investigation, you call that a full swing "war on women's health"? Seriously? An organization devoted to breast cancer research is involved in a "war on women's health"? Let's see. I didn't donate to greenpeace this year. Was that a declaration of war on whales?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I'd rep you but I have to spread some around first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections