Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,504,062 times

Advertisements

Even if you do not see the economic implosion taking place, or the erosion of our fundamental rights, can you at least imagine how much wealthier a nation we would be if our government wasn't policing the world and handing over our money to their cronies?

I tend to think our economy is deteriorating and our rights are eroding, but even I didn't, Ron Paul still makes sense given that I would be both richer and more free today than I have been under the warfare/welfare state that both parties have created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM

740 posts, read 1,980,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Has someone challenged your right to vote as you see fit? Ignore them, if they have.

What I'm observing in the posts of Ron Paul supporters is what I'll describe is odd behavior. Conspiracy theorists. It also reminds me of the people who claim to see space ships. Irrational. Disconnected with reality. They see things perfectly clear, everyone else is wrong. It's a common themen in Paulist postings to web forums such as this one.
Lol, some of you anti Paul people amaze me. So naive.

Many conspiracy theories from 20 years ago have been proven true. An ancient "conspiracy theory" from hundreds of years ago was that the Earth was not flat, and that the crazies argued it was round. For hundreds of years people lived in fear that they would fall off the earth. Then we had some "crazy people" who were adventurous, sail around the world and proved otherwise.

20 years from now will reveal that many of the current day "conspiracy theories" are actually the real deal.

There is life out there and I know we have been visited, due to my own encounter. Believe what you will, but not believing means you are a blind fool with your eyes wide shut.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,228,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Lol, some of you anti Paul people amaze me. So naive.

Many conspiracy theories from 20 years ago have been proven true. An ancient "conspiracy theory" from hundreds of years ago was that the Earth was not flat, and that the crazies argued it was round. For hundreds of years people lived in fear that they would fall off the earth. Then we had some "crazy people" who were adventurous, sail around the world and proved otherwise.

20 years from now will reveal that many of the current day "conspiracy theories" are actually the real deal.

There is life out there and I know we have been visited, due to my own encounter. Believe what you will, but not believing means you are a blind fool with your eyes wide shut.
lol You are spot on; I can't wait for when the current conspiracy theories are verified as being true.
In the meantime I pay no attention to the anti Ron Paul crowd.
I'm still voting for him no matter what

Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,828,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
because when everything goes to hell, economy gets worse, hyperinflation, and spread too thin across too many wars then I will be the one laughing at everyone who whines and cries because they voted for Romney or Obama.

I don't care if I'm the last person on Earth who votes for Ron Paul, I'll never compromise my beliefs and vote for a candidate that I am certain will ruin my future.
I'm with you. I'll be voting my conscience, because between Obama and Mitt there is little difference anyway.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:17 AM

674 posts, read 1,165,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Uh OK....so are the rest of us going to have sleepless nights because you will only vote for Ron Paul?
I don't really care how you sleep to be honest. Just don't label me a crazy person or conspiracy theorist because I support a candidate that represents true change and isn't backed by the establishment. I also don't want to hear you whine and cry about why things cost so much in years to come. Consider yourself warned of the consequences for supporting the status quo.

Quote:
I will never vote for Obama or Gingrich!!Is anyone out there traumatized by my declaration? I will never eat liver or greenbeans again!!![don't tell my mom}
Again, I don't care who you vote for, I don't care if you whine and cry about my vote, I just don't want to hear it once this election is over and done with and you get your prolonged recession that YOU voted for.

Quote:
Of course you won't be the only person on earth voting only for Ron Paul,there are enough of you just on this site making such declarations to form your own bowling team.Its a growing movement too.....in another month or so you may have enough people declaring Paul or Bust! to form your own bowling 'league'.
Well under the constitution, technically, any group or state has a right to succeed from the union or as you call it "start our own league" but the current government isn't exactly playing by the rules these days and would probably slaughter us like they did to the South during the Civil War.

If there was a more free nation in the world I would try to defect and denounce my citizenship, but I'd also have to sacrifice over 60% of my wealth and assets to the US government, OR I'd have to pay income tax on any income I receive from my labor in another country (you can't even leave this country for free!) But even though this country is the best "freedom" option in the world, it's still very far from perfect and every citizen has a patriotic duty to question his or her government.

Moral of the story: DON'T TREAD ON ME

Old 02-07-2012, 09:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,040,746 times
Quote:
I don't really care how you sleep to be honest. Just don't label me a crazy person or conspiracy theorist because I support a candidate that represents true change and isn't backed by the establishment. I also don't want to hear you whine and cry about why things cost so much in years to come. Consider yourself warned of the consequences for supporting the status quo.

Again, I don't care who you vote for, I don't care if you whine and cry about my vote, I just don't want to hear it once this election is over and done with and you get your prolonged recession that YOU voted for.

Well under the constitution, technically, any group or state has a right to succeed from the union or as you call it "start our own league" but the current government isn't exactly playing by the rules these days and would probably slaughter us like they did to the South during the Civil War.

If there was a more free nation in the world I would try to defect and denounce my citizenship, but I'd also have to sacrifice over 60% of my wealth and assets to the US government, OR I'd have to pay income tax on any income I receive from my labor in another country (you can't even leave this country for free!) But even though this country is the best "freedom" option in the world, it's still very far from perfect and every citizens has a patriotic duty to question its government.

Moral of the story: DON'T TREAD ON ME

Well said, and when we as American citizens aren't allowed to question or hold our government accountable for their actions, then we are no becoming the very thing that our forefathers fought against!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:15 AM

665 posts, read 1,246,598 times
Hyperinflation cant happen in the U.S, becasue when things start going to hell
there will be a flight to treasuries. and hyperinflation only happens when the majority of the deficit
is heldy by the fed or over 40% right now about 90% of the deficit is owned by investors not the federal reserve.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM

29,253 posts, read 22,560,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
He is saying that it won't happen before the election. With the "defaulting" that is continuing and the possible "bailing out". It ain't looking good. Low interest rates don't help joe bloe, but do help the piggyies at the trough.
Not so. Thousands of small businesses are benefiting from low rates right now, from loans conducted by small local and regional banks and credit unions. It's only the big banks that aren't loaning, and they're getting hit by customers deserting them.

Too Big To Fail FAILED. This is something we all can do to change that. If you have an account with one of the big banks that tipped us all on our butts, take your money out and deposit it with a bank that will put it back into circulation again.

We don't need to print more money. All we need is to have the money that's there start moving around again. Until we force the big boys to change their thinking, we will stay in the dumps.

Your choice- do something or gripe about how rotten everything is. I am sure Ron Paul would agree with me.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times
Quote:
because when everything goes to hell, economy gets worse, hyperinflation, and spread too thin across too many wars then I will be the one laughing at everyone who whines and cries because they voted for Romney or Obama.

I don't care if I'm the last person on Earth who votes for Ron Paul, I'll never compromise my beliefs and vote for a candidate that I am certain will ruin my future.
Enough BAD has happened and promises un-kept by Obama you'd think all the Obama supporters would be saying that about Obama and vote for Ron Paul. He's really the only true blue Peace candidate other than third party types.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM

4,234 posts, read 4,228,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not so. Thousands of small businesses are benefiting from low rates right now, from loans conducted by small local and regional banks and credit unions. It's only the big banks that aren't loaning, and they're getting hit by customers deserting them.

Too Big To Fail FAILED. This is something we all can do to change that. If you have an account with one of the big banks that tipped us all on our butts, take your money out and deposit it with a bank that will put it back into circulation again.

We don't need to print more money. All we need is to have the money that's there start moving around again. Until we force the big boys to change their thinking, we will stay in the dumps.

Your choice- do something or gripe about how rotten everything is. I am sure Ron Paul would agree with me.
The big bank is no loaning to private sector because it is more benefit lending it back to the government.

1 year treasury is at 0.13%, 3 years is 0.31% and 5 years is at 0.72. These are small number by itself.

BUT........

If you leverage 40 to 1, then the number is completely different.
1 year treasury becomes 5.2% (40x0.13), 3 years becomes 12.4% and 5 years become 28.8%.

They can borrow from the Fed at 0.25%, and turn around and buy treasury, leverage themselves 40 to 1. This translate into big risk free profit.

Now you know why big banks is not lending to private sector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections