Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,241,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
God is not going to give my son and his wife a child and not provide for it.
"God" does that every single day of the year around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,396,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
As Karen Handel, (who incidentally resigned from Koman today), tweeted when this whole thing began in response to the outcry, "Cry me a freaking river." When you stand for everything, you stand for nothing. That should be Romney's campaign slogan.
Here's the story in the WAPO. As Arte Johnson used to say on Laugh-In, "Verrrrrry IN-terestink!" :

Komen vice president Karen Handel resigns - The Washington Post

BTW, just to help keep the thread on-topic, great timing, Willard!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,509,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
When Minnesota radio host Scott Hennen asked Romney whether Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the leading U.S. anti-breast cancer charity, should continue to give Planned Parenthood grants for cancer screenings and mammogram referrals, Romney said, "I don't think so."

Wow, Romnney has the worst case of foot in mouth disease ever recorded. This guy is a complete dolt.
A huge problem Mitt will continue to have is his inability to connect with "average" folks. He's too stff. Too removed from the lives of most other people in the country. And it's in those areas that the President excells. Mitt just doesn't 'get it.'

Old 02-07-2012, 10:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
They both are! that, and worse, though one is actually an American.

Santorum is honorable. Probably, like Palin he's too squeaky clean. He'll be put into the political meat grinder by those that want to bow at the altar of Subversion.
Intentional termination of his wife's 20 week pregnancy does not settle well with those who maintain a pro-life position.

Quote:
Karen took medicine that induced labor...........
Personal tragedy becomes political pawn - The Washington Post

Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Thank you for an eloquent first-person account of all the good work PP does, besides the crucial service of providing women with safe, legal pregnancy terminations when needed.
PP also screens and treats STDs.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It may be safe and it may be legal, but it is not moral to murder babies. We really need to sing the praises of an organization that includes murdering babies in its lists of accomplishments.

I just saw the ultrasound of my grandchild. That is a life in there and it is precious and a blessing even though my son is looking for a job right now and it will be difficult to provide for it. God is not going to give my son and his wife a child and not provide for it.
Maybe, maybe not. God has given children to many and had not provided for them. Take a look at the starving babies in Africa for example.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,189,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So now Romney is on the record for not giving a damn about helping poor women get mammograms.

Except that Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms...sheesh! I agree with his comments and they shouldn't have reversed their decision.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Except that Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms...sheesh! I agree with his comments and they shouldn't have reversed their decision.
They refer women, and helped pay, for mammograms. Keep up with this thread.

Quote:
Planned Parenthood continues to work with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation to provide women with lifesaving breast exams and diagnostic services, as well as education. Learn more about Planned Parenthood and the Komen Foundation.
Breast Cancer Screenings - Options

Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,764,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
OMG...it's like playing Whack-A-Mole here.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
OMG...it's like playing Whack-A-Mole here.
LOL!!! Great characterization!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections