Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,930,452 times

Advertisements

Go Santorum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,007,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Santorum could actually be that mild mannered common sense alternative to Obama.Those "middle of the road independents", wont find him as extreme as they percieve Newt, yet he can still run on a much more Conservative record than Romney.
Santorum is anything BUT moderate and would turn this nation into a Theocracy if he could, The Dems would Love nothing more that the GOP trotting him out as their guy in the big race, Obama would roll over him without even slowing down onto another four years in the Whitehouse.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 AM

5,389 posts, read 7,257,476 times
Quote:
Santorum could actually be that mild mannered common sense alternative to Obama.Those "middle of the road independents", wont find him as extreme as they percieve Newt, yet he can still run on a much more Conservative record than Romney.
Go for it, let's see man-on-dog Rick go up against Obama. You appear to have no clue of Rick Santorum's history.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,473,436 times
Quote:
I really disagree with this one. Mitt is definitely a puppet who will say and do anything to get elected. The man doesn't even know where he stands on the issues. I will say Santorum is firm in his convictions and what you see, is what you get which I think is the perfect choice for the Right, HOWEVER, the Independents will never in a million years vote for Santorum no matter how mild mannered he appears. He might be mild mannered, HOWEVER, he is too far Right just like all the other candidates the Republicans have put forth. Can't win the middle when you are a radical Right.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,487,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Most independents won't vote for Santorum. I am still trying to figure out what Republicans are voting for Santorum. I have never met a Santorum supporter yet and I live in the heart of the Bible Belt.
tell ya what - Pennsylvanians are happy he's gone.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,487,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Furthermore, he lost to a candidate with less personality than a cinder block. Santorum has NO shot at the mild-mannered independent voter.
Bob Casey? He's quite popular in Pennsylvania. Yeah, he has a monotone voice and doesn't give great MSNBC/CNN/FOX News interviews...but if you've ever met him in person, he's actually quite the nice guy and very talkative. I went to high school with some of his nieces and nephews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections