Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I do't thnik he is crazy but he sounds like mnay islationist from the 20-40's.

Helping thy friend, does not mean we fight their battles for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
He's sort of like the Snooki of politics. No accomplishments but thinks he can be a major star, anyway.

By the way, I had to vote for 14 delegates which was more than my drop out candidate had on the ballot so I filled the rest of my vote with Paul delegates.

I want the eventual candidate to hire him to control the purse strings. But President, I don't think so. You have to have some kind of record of accomplishment to be top dog.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He's sort of like the Snooki of politics. No accomplishments but thinks he can be a major star, anyway.

By the way, I had to vote for 14 delegates which was more than my drop out candidate had on the ballot so I filled the rest of my vote with Paul delegates.

I want the eventual candidate to hire him to control the purse strings. But President, I don't think so. You have to have some kind of record of accomplishment to be top dog.
I wonder if he would even be interested in a cabinet position? My gut feeling, if he can't be Pres (which I am not sure he really wants either) he is totally through with politics. I think he will leave it to Rand to take over ther raines.

Nita

Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM

674 posts, read 1,162,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrusher View Post
Do most Republicans think Ron Paul is crazy?
I think most Republicans are crazy. Ron Paul is the only one that makes any sense to me.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM

674 posts, read 1,162,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I wonder if he would even be interested in a cabinet position? My gut feeling, if he can't be Pres (which I am not sure he really wants either) he is totally through with politics. I think he will leave it to Rand to take over ther raines.

Nita
I think Ron Paul has already accomplished what he set out to do.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Ron Paul is humble.. if actually look at the man. Thou I know your not interested in that your use to Rick Perry and Bush cowboy thinking.
I think the accomplishment in congress is a voting record of which was his JOB! I wish people in congress took their oath to the constitutution seriously and maybe we wouldnt have obamacare, a bridge to no where, debt, a balanced budget, and all the things RON PAUL VOTED AGAINST.
You would have have the bailouts.
If you talking about Accomplishments which big government idealogy did these other candidates push thru or support? I guess maybe having princples like Ron Paul is not an accomplishment and having no princples and ignoring economic princples and individual liberty is quite respected in washington.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I think Ron Paul has already accomplished what he set out to do.
you know what, on this one I happen to agree with you. That is why I don't think he really cares whether he gets the nomination and he has no or very little interest in being part of anyone's cabinet. This isn't meant to be a putdown or a build up on him, just how I see it.

N ita

Old 03-09-2012, 01:43 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I see your polishing up on your writing skills

Just trying to slap this stuff out hunting and pecking on an Ipad which is the worst for quick editing....lots of typos. But, I only have so much time.....the message is still fairly clear. Paul, while a nice guy, is just not going to get it done.

Him or his twin, Mr. Walston, may HE rest in peace.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:44 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,783,660 times
Ron Paul isn't crazy. He's just wrong.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM

649 posts, read 1,133,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrusher View Post
Do most Republicans think Ron Paul is crazy?

'I can't make up my mind': The tale of the undecided voter - CNN.com

The Republicans profiled in this article sure do. I wonder if this is a true representation of average Republicans.

Out of 4 total undecided Republican voters interviewed for this article before the SC primary, here is what they said about Paul:
1."Lunatic. Wacko. Crazy."
2."He's way out there. He frightens me."
3."He's a little too extreme for me. Kind of wacko."
4."I like his budget cutting, but he is kind of crazy."
LOL @ GOP base voters (esp in SC!) calling someone crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections