Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times

Advertisements

I served in the military and I'm not appalled at her. She can have any opinion she wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Mark my words, you will regret it.
You should just bind this to a hot-key on your keyboard. The "someday you'll see, you'll all see, and you'll be sorry!" key could be like ctrl-alt-s or something.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Very foolish of you ... Mark my words, you will regret it. Its really reassuring to know that so many Americans think that liberty and peace and the constitution are outdated ... No wonder we are losing our rights, most people are to ignorant to appreciate them.
Yeah, it truly is. Doncha luv it?!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You should just bind this to a hot-key on your keyboard. The "someday you'll see, you'll all see, and you'll be sorry!" key could be like ctrl-alt-s or something.

'Mark my words' has been chisled in stone. LOL

Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Very foolish of you ... Mark my words, you will regret it. Its really reassuring to know that so many Americans think that liberty and peace and the constitution are outdated ... No wonder we are losing our rights, most people are to ignorant to appreciate them.
I don't disagree that we are losing our liberty and peace and that we are over-legislated -- I think that's true. But I think that in the case of Paul, the solution is worse than the problem itself. Another thing to keep in mind here is that a lot of the pressure to legislate comes from the public itself. The best solution is to vote people who are as-needed activists economically and libertarians socially and otherwise.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can feel anyway you want, but I come from a military family, our son was in Desert Storm and I can guantantee you he would be appalled at what you are saying, of course you are being a hater.
Last time I checked, we have a volunteer armed forces and citizen soldiers. People are entitled to whatever opinion they want to have, as long as they don't let those opinions interfere with their duties as soldiers. I frequently disagree with KAAC but there's nothing wrong with her having an opinion that runs contrary to popular opinion within the army, or contrary to those outside of the service. So who cares whether your son is appalled or not. It's his right to be appalled, and it's her right to make him appalled.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:43 PM

Exactly. Serving in the armed forces has limitations on expression but holding an opinion certainly isn't one of them.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrusher View Post
Do most Republicans think Ron Paul is crazy?

'I can't make up my mind': The tale of the undecided voter - CNN.com

The Republicans profiled in this article sure do. I wonder if this is a true representation of average Republicans.

Out of 4 total undecided Republican voters interviewed for this article before the SC primary, here is what they said about Paul:
1."Lunatic. Wacko. Crazy."
2."He's way out there. He frightens me."
3."He's a little too extreme for me. Kind of wacko."
4."I like his budget cutting, but he is kind of crazy."
The Ross Perot of our time.....one every generation....right on time...kind of like that drunk uncle you hope won't show up at the family reunions....kind of relative you hope doesn't bounce YOUR kids on his lap or ask them to find the change in his pockets.....creepy at best,

He's a kook.....no one but the liberal arts majors are following this guy...amy irving types....soon to be on the s Komen circuit.....eat granola...minimal make up...comfortable shoes....plaid is a mainstay....stringy hair...live in quiet communities....still have library cards and believe the majority of the Middle East likes us.......

Yeah, most of us just think he's a loon....

Old 02-11-2012, 05:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Okay, from Ron Paul surging you have one contacting her congressman about the secret government conspiracy to spray the population with chemicals from airliners:

You're welcome.
Well, you found one!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post

He's a kook.....no one but the liberal arts majors are following this guy...amy irving types....soon to be on the s Komen circuit.....eat granola...minimal make up...comfortable shoes....plaid is a mainstay....stringy hair...live in quiet communities....still have library cards and believe the majority of the Middle East likes us.......

Yeah, most of us just think he's a loon....
Wow, is that suppose to be your attempt at
creative writing 101. Amy Irving is in her late 50's.
She's a hippie type like Carol King who is 70, and
both are in the one percent.
You know, the ones the Obama types really hate gag me with a redundant spoon,
while folks like Beyonce and Jay Z get a quick rich pass.

A public Library is cool and No, the Middle East hates us.

As far as the stringy hair part, this Paul supporter has
a gorgeous mane and I'm not a ready for prime time Social Security player yet.
Nor do I expect I'll be one, the way the
liberal Obama is spending our/my money....
at home and at war.

Quit with the stereotypes. It's unbecoming of
an up and coming writer regardless of your
party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections