Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,086,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It doesn't matter which poll the Examiner sites, because they will cite the one that suits their agenda. This is why I criticized the source.

Why not look at the RCP average and get back to me, OP?
Because this is a HISTORICAL perspective regarding approval numbers at certain times with a president's term.

See, if you would have looked and clicked the link, you would have known that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
bush won re election with 48%.

Obama's approval numbers are at 50%
Of course, you are incorrect, as usual;

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...k451-g2txg.gif

Carter had a 48% approval rating in his 13th quarter.

GWB - 51%.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,526,465 times
In the last week, polls have put Obama ahead of all the other candidates in Ohio, Florida and Virginia. See RCP for details.

The GOP map looks pretty sorry without at least 2 of the above.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
In the last week, polls have put Obama ahead of all the other candidates in Ohio, Florida and Virginia. See RCP for details.

The GOP map looks pretty sorry without at least 2 of the above.

Way early...obama has a little bump in the polls. All the GOP infighting has taken a toll.

If obama and Romney are basically tied after all that, after all the hits Mitt has taken on his "bain" experience....I'd say that's pretty good...for the GOP.

The dissemination of obama's glorious record hasn't even started yet.

But look HISTORICALLY, here;

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...k451-g2txg.gif

Will give you an indication where obama needs to be.

I had no idea the 2nd worse president in history, Carter, had that high of approval ratings in the 13th quarter.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It doesn't matter which poll the Examiner sites, because they will cite the one that suits their agenda. This is why I criticized the source.

Why not look at the RCP average and get back to me, OP?
Why not look at the true picture of thsi failing economy, no matter what this W.H. SAYS, and in about 6months time, get back to me!
When Obama promised us a new era of Hope n' Change garbage, i am sure he had more in his mind then this downhill, negative economy for change.

What should be on the agenda, is Obama caring for us the American people before all others, including illegals!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:41 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,526,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I had no idea the 2nd worse president in history, Carter, had that high of approval ratings in the 13th quarter.
(Shrug) We'll see what the economy does. If it flounders like it did in 1980, Obama's in big trouble. If it continues to improve as it has done for the past several months, not so much.

The other wildcard is Iran (as it was in 1980). Carter's 13th quarter featured the infamous hostage rescue attempt. We can only guess what's on the horizon if the Israelis start trouble.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:03 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,806,943 times
I am still calling it for Obama and another 4 years. Hard to vote out an incumbant President.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:28 PM

5,389 posts, read 7,257,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why not look at the true picture of thsi failing economy, no matter what this W.H. SAYS, and in about 6months time, get back to me!
When Obama promised us a new era of Hope n' Change garbage, i am sure he had more in his mind then this downhill, negative economy for change.

What should be on the agenda, is Obama caring for us the American people before all others, including illegals!
The economy is not going downhill. Even Romney has said it's improving.

Most of your post is emotional opinionating that isn't convincing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections