Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

According to World Net Daily, anyway.

They should know. They are "Conservative Media".

20% of Republicans leaning to Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Including me. I voted for McCain in 2008 and will vote for Obama in 2012. Enough is enough. Obama has put his policies in place and we need to stick to plan, even if it's not the greatest plan out there.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Wow,that wasn't the shocking part on the linked page for me.....it was the link that showed aspirin was one of the 5 most dangerous pain drugs!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,905 times
When you look at the pathetic slate of GOP candidates, this is not surprising.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Hahaha, yeah right.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:

Keep in mind that some Democrats will vote for the Republican too. I am considering a vote for Obama. I don't like being ostracized by my party for being more moderate on some social issues. If Santorum or Gingrich win the nomination I may just switch to Obama. If Clinton were running I would vote for her...I think that she could be a real leader unlike Obama.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
It really seems strange to me, that the GOP would jump on the Catholic Church's attempt to hold down the Catholic women, or any woman for that matter. It has been long known the Catholic Hierarchy intentionally tries to keep women subservient to men. What does the GOP think they can gain from the exposure this will cause? The WH will either design a compromise that makes them appear as the Adults in the room or, they will simply say, no, we stand for Women's Health. Either way, WH wins, GOP loses.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:

And about 30 percent of disenchanted Democrats are
leaning towards Ron Paul What's your point...

Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Wow,that wasn't the shocking part on the linked page for me.....it was the link that showed aspirin was one of the 5 most dangerous pain drugs!
LOL You could just chew on tree bark

Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Including me. I voted for McCain in 2008 and will vote for Obama in 2012. Enough is enough. Obama has put his policies in place and we need to stick to plan, even if it's not the greatest plan out there.
You are right, maybe not the best plan out there but I like the government telling religious organizations how to conduct business even if that business is killing someone (abortion) or doing something contrary to their religious views.

I also like the government keeping me safe by having the good people at Homeland Security monitoring the web for anti-government sentiment and signs of social unrest. Places like Drudge Report, Twitter and I would hope all the anti-Americans here on City Data are very closely monitored as well.

» Group Forces Congressional Hearing On Big Sis’ Twitter, Drudge Spying Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

After all if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

Another thing I really like is the militarization of our local police forces. I feel a lot better with an "army" keeping me safe from the bad thoughts of others.

Gives confidence, doesn't it?

LAPD Pioneers High-Tech Crime-Fighting

Raise your hand with me if you are willing to surrender your Constitutional rights if only government would provide free medical care and help with the mortgage that you couldn't afford when you got it.

After all even a supreme court justice has voiced her opinion the Constitution isn't much good in the 21st century as it doesn't enumerate the rights granted to citizens by government.

What we need is a model and I would suggest this 20th century Constitution as a model as pushed through under the insistence of one of the greatest humanitarians of the 20th century.

For example, unlike our outdated dirty rage of a Constitution, this Constitution guaranteed everyone:

Quote:
Citizens of have the right to work, that is, are guaranteed the right to employment and payment for their work in accordance With its quantity and quality.

Citizens have the right to rest and leisure. The right to rest and leisure is ensured by the reduction of the working day to seven hours for the overwhelming majority of the workers, the institution of annual vacations with full pay for workers and employees.

Citizens have the right to maintenance in old age and also in case of sickness or loss of capacity to work. This right is ensured by the extensive development of social insurance of workers and employees at state expense, free medical service for people and the provision of a wide network of health resorts for the use of the people.

Citizens have the right to education. This right is ensured by universal, compulsory elementary education; by education, including higher education, being free of charge; by the system of state stipends for the overwhelming majority of students in the universities and colleges; by instruction in schools being conducted in the native Ianguage, and by the organization in the factories, state farms, machine and tractor stations and collective farms of free vocational, technical and agronomic training for the working people.

Women are accorded equal rights with men in all spheres of economic, state, cultural, social and political life. The possibility of exercising these rights is ensured to women by granting them an equal right with men to work, payment for work, rest and leisure, social insurance and education, and by state protection of the interests of mother and child, prematernity and maternity leave with full pay, and the provision of a wide network of maternity homes, nurseries and kindergartens.

You got to admit it, it is far better when government gives you rights than when these rights are viewed as God given rights.

//SARCASM OFF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections