Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM

439 posts, read 1,260,267 times

Advertisements

As a 60 year old white female myself, I will never vote for and old fart, like Paul or Mc Cain for example. 65 is the top age limit I would vote for in a president, and they would need to be in good shape.

My vote for is for Obama again and no it's not because he is Black, that has to be the silliest thing I've read on these boards. We old white folks want the best guy, color has nothing to do with it. I was for Hillery before she was out, because I felt it was about time we have a women president and she would have made a great one. I did hate that she forgave Bill (who I loved) as president, but hated as a husband. ANYpresidents personal life is none of our business,,on the right or left imo.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It also appears that the younger pres generally are more successful than the older ones. It could be because of age but I think it's because the young ones are overachievers who were more successful at younger age than their older counterparts, and they carried that competency into the White House.

like Carter more successful than Reagan? I don't think you are making a very good argument..And Obama over even who?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 PM

308 posts, read 519,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly. You mention 2 possibles, add Ryan (I don't know his age, but I don't think he is near 60) maybe even Kasich, Jindal, and a few others I can't think of right now: I am too old!!!
I would also add Jaime Herrara, Kelly Ayotte, Susana Martinez and maybe Allen West and Scott Walker (if he can someone how save his public image.)

I think Kelly Ayotte could be a great GOP nominee in 2020-24 (which would make her between 50-54).

Old 03-07-2012, 07:45 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
I would also add Jaime Herrara, Kelly Ayotte, Susana Martinez and maybe Allen West and Scott Walker (if he can someone how save his public image.)

I think Kelly Ayotte could be a great GOP nominee in 2020-24 (which would make her between 50-54).
I was wondering if someone would say Susana Martinez. Being we used to live in NM and still have a lot of friends there, we pay pretty close attention to what is happening and what she is doing; we like it, like it, like it!!!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,544,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It also appears that the younger pres generally are more successful than the older ones. It could be because of age but I think it's because the young ones are overachievers who were more successful at younger age than their older counterparts, and they carried that competency into the White House.

The decade of a person's 40's is almost always the most productive in their life. It's the time when someone has gained the vital experience and has mastered the craft, and still has the energy and stamina to put it to full use.

Of course, there are exceptions, but this is so universal that the exceptions are almost always notable when it comes to high achievement.

Back when the Constitution was framed, a person who was 40 was considered to be aging, if not old. The typical lifespan was around 44.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,544,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't care much for Romney, but damn is that dude handsome. And now I hear he is 65?! He is twenty years older than me, and dang, he leaves me in the dust. Good think Mrs. Fiddlehead likes the plump, hirsute types.

Anyhow, he seems pretty smart and spry. Age is not an issue. Too bad he is not very compelling otherwise. I'll stick with Mr. O.
Romney takes after his old man. George Romney was a good looking dude all his life. It's too bad they were so different tempermentally- George was a tough, plain-spoken guy who was a rock-ribbed Republican.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,279,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
like Carter more successful than Reagan? I don't think you are making a very good argument..And Obama over even who?

Obama is already three heads and six shoulders better than Bush Sr., GW Bush, Nixon, and Eisenhower. Reagan is the most overrated president in our history. Voodoonomics anyone? Dementia? And besides if Reagan is alive today his belief places him solidly as a Democrat. Obama is already better than Reagan, conservatives is just too blind to see it.

Carter, as bad as he was, still much, much, much better than the Bushes and Nixon.

Throw in JKF and Clinton into the mix along with Obama and there is NO contest. The younger ones are just better.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,525,757 times
He looks/acts like an old man. Obama, in comparison looks like a teenager.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,015,332 times
Wow! Carter was 52 at his inauguration? I've always thought he looked SO old. And not just because of the gray hair. Look at Richard Gere. Carter has the face of a man 15 years older than his real age.

Could be the voting members. The elderly tend seem to really like Republicans and they as a whole don't see their grandkids and kids being capable. Only someone who's "been around" for years and years.

NGL, Romney really is one good looking guy for his age. I wouldn't have assumed he was 65. I'd say just turned 60. But he looks better when he's not smiling with teeth. Weird but true. A toothy smile shifts his face. Smile w/ no teeth looks good.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,482,320 times
Look at pictures of how Presidents age after just one term in office. Ron Paul would look like a skeleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections