Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,870,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
In the unlikely event the failed, incompetent and hyperpartisan Oblama got a second term, it is highly unlikely that the country would survive until the end of the second term. So, we'll stick with 209 days.

Tick Tock!
Really cannot see how ANYONE no matter what party you support can say that Obama's policies have been a failure, although i did hear the exact same accusations that his policies have failed even before his inauguration..... so no change there........ Obama had failed before he had even sat in the oval office as far as the right were concerned.
Our President has now been more succesful in actually accomplishing things in his first three years than the Republicans did in 8 years with Bush.... how that is failed policies is utterly stupid.
No wonder the real heavy weights in the GOP are keeping away from running in Nov. because they know they are on a loser and are waiting for 2016.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,993,538 times
Aaaand it's 206 days. Gas prices still skyrocketing, unemployment still over 8%, with no end in sight and more importantly no plan from the lame duck. Tick Tock Oblama.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,044,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Really cannot see how ANYONE no matter what party you support can say that Obama's policies have been a failure
Well I guess I am anyone

I want you to name two things Obama has accomplished for the country in the last three years that has benefited America in its entirety.

I haven't even asked for three, because I want to make it that much
easier for you

Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,515,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well I guess I am anyone

I want you to name two things Obama has accomplished for the country in the last three years that has benefited America in its entirety.

easier for you
#1...We`re no longer losing 750,000 jobs a month like we were in Bush`s last few months.

#2....Put an end to the silly but deadly and expensive Iraq adventure.

#3....Found and killed Bin Laden in 2 years when the village idiot couldn`t do it in 7.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:07 AM

677 posts, read 937,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Can't wait myself! Good way to look at it!
Well guess what, we can't wait either.........can't wait to bodyslam which ever idiot you nominate, can't wait to whip the panties off of him, can't wait to re-elect a complete democratic congress & senate, & most of all can't wait to seal the coffin, bury it for the next 4 yrs of the conservatives. Now isn't that a good way to look at it as well? LMAO!!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
#1...We`re no longer losing 750,000 jobs a month like we were in Bush`s last few months.

#3....Found and killed Bin Laden in 2 years when the village idiot couldn`t do it in 7.
Not sure why but it seems that for many on the right........ FAILURE gets huge rewards and success is frowned on.
When Bush sent the Country spiraling into the abyss, the CEO's and directors etc of the big banks, insurance companies and huge financial houses were given millions in bonuses for failure while their employees got pink slips.
When the Washington mutual bank, for example, collapsed the CEO, who had only been CEO for 18 days got a $40,000,000 bonus.... for failing.
The only reason that our President hasn't done more to improve jobs or the economy and we have been downgraded by S&P is because of obstruction in congress in a huge effort to bring America down during President Obama's administration so that they can get back into office.... a "screwww you America" to get back into the Whitehouse............ DISGUSTING!
If America rewards people for doing a great job then President Obama will have another 4 years in the Whitehouse.... If we want to reward people for FAILURE then the Republican party will win the election in November.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,044,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post

You have negated to give Bush the credit he deserves in Obama's success' you mention.

I said: benefited America in it's ENTIRITY.
See, I didn't vote for the Iraq War.
I'm only paying for it.

The withdrawal from Iraq was already determined under the Bush
administration. I'm sure intelligence going back to the Bush administration
also contributed to the kill of Bin Laden.

The government spent $79.3 billion assisting General Motors and Chrysler, and the first aid was approved by the
Bush administration as part of TARP. Obama only continued it.
Sure, it saved companies and some jobs in the process.

But, your #1 #2, #3 is no feather in anyone's individual cap, let alone
Obama's.

We all know Government IS the number one employer, but I'm not fond of public union jobs Obama may have saved/kept, using my tax payer dollars.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 03-08-2012 at 08:52 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

39,181 posts, read 51,514,618 times
Quote:
You have negated to give Bush the credit he deserves in Obama's success' you mention.

I said: benefited America in it's ENTIRITY.
See, I didn't vote for the Iraq War.
I'm only paying for it.

The withdrawal from Iraq was already determined under the Bush
administration. I'm sure intelligence going back to the Bush administration
also contributed to the kill of Bin Laden.

The government spent $79.3 billion assisting General Motors and Chrysler, and the first aid was approved by the
Bush administration as part of TARP. Obama only continued it.
Sure, it saved companies and some jobs in the process.

But, your #1 #2, #3 is no feather in anyone's individual cap, let alone
Obama's.

We all know Government IS the number one employer, but I'm not fond of public union jobs Obama may have saved/kept, using my tax payer dollars.
Don't like those teachers, or firefighters, or police in your community, huh? I guess you'd prefer 50 kids in a classroom, neighborhoods burning to the ground, and criminals roaming your streets. Those "first responders" pulling people from the wreckage of the tornadoes are probably union employees some of whom have jobs today because of the stimulus bill.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,790,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
How the world has changed under Obama...

Usama Bin Laden gone.

Gahdafi gone.

Kim Jon Ill gone.

Combat troops out of Iraq.

Brietbart gone.

Beck gone to parts unknown.

Limbaugh on his way out.

Thank you President Obama, thanks for a kinder, gentler world.
You think a guy who has people assassinated including children and American citizens without charge or trial is kind and gentle? Sick ...

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Well I guess I am anyone

easier for you
OK.............
(1) Pulling our troops out of Iraq.
(2) Ignoring Pakistan and going in and killing Bin Laden and top terrorists... wherever they are.
(3) Pulling America out of the deepest recession probably in history.
(4) The affordable health care act..... finally giving health choices to people with pre conditions and young Americans being able to stay on parents health plans as they try to move forward.
(5) NOT committing our troops in foreign wars and making other Countries step up to the plate.
(6) Saving the American Auto Industry.
(7) Making banks liable for the foreclosures on their books.
(8) Signed an executive order that requires that appointees sign forms saying that they were not hired because of political affiliations or contributions. This is far from an unbeatable measure, but is an important early step towards cleaning up governmental hiring policies. It is easier to prove someone lied when their signature is right next to the statement in question.
(9) Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans
(10) Provided better body armor to our troops
(11) Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings
(12) Enabled the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that has created 2.1 million jobs (as of 12/31/09
(13) Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals
(14) Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants…) after years of neglect
(15) Donated his $1.4 million Nobel Prize to nonprofit organizations
(16) Limited salaries of senior White House aides; cut to $100,000
(17) Placed limits on lobbyists' access to the White House
There are many more ... but i think you get the idea now that even though President Obama does not run around blowing his own trumpet he is doing a great job in getting America back on its feet.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections