Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:36 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
[LEFT]Veteran Democratic U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur defeated congressional colleague Dennis Kucinich in the battle for a newly drawn Ohio congressional district and will face an unexpected yet well-known name from the 2008 presidential race -- "Joe the Plumber."
Kucinich was clearly not happy about his defeat.

"I would like to be able to congratulate Congresswoman Kaptur but I do have to say she ran a campaign in the Cleveland media market that was utterly lacking in integrity with false statements, half-truths, misrepresentations. I hope that is not the kind of representation she would provide to this community. And I don't think the people of Toledo have any idea of the kind of campaign that was run in the Cleveland area. And my own integrity requires me to just say this: That's not all right."

Read more: Kucinich Loses To Democrat Kaptur In Ohio Primary, Will Take On 'Joe The Plumber'; Newcomer Upsets Republican Schmidt | Fox News

Nice to see liberal hero Kucinich fired. Way to go Ohio Democrats![/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Interesting. Lot's of shakeups more than likely in the future.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Whom "Will take on joe the plumber" LOL! Right wingers,..A non-stop comedy show from their stupidity

Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Whom "Will take on joe the plumber" LOL! Right wingers,..A non-stop comedy show from their stupidity
He has Herman's Cane endorsement. I think he'll still lose since most of his supporters will be looking for the name "Joe the Plumber" on the ticket. His name isn't even Joe.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
He has Herman's Cane endorsement. I think he'll still lose since most of his supporters will be looking for the name "Joe the Plumber" on the ticket. His name isn't even Joe.
To be fair, perhaps Kaptur will graciously allow him to accept credit for write in's with "Jo tha plumur"? Some states get fussy about spelling errors. It was a problem in Alaska.

I notice no one gives Kucinich credit for opposing the wars or standing by Ron Paul on merits. Interesting.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:42 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I hate all sore losers. Kucinich should have manned up and accepted defeat gracefully.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 AM

535 posts, read 585,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nice to see liberal hero Kucinich fired. Way to go Ohio Democrats![/LEFT]

Serves him right for not sticking to his "so called beliefs" and endorsing Obama in 08.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
To be fair, perhaps Kaptur will graciously allow him to accept credit for write in's with "Jo tha plumur"? Some states get fussy about spelling errors. It was a problem in Alaska.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I notice no one gives Kucinich credit for opposing the wars or standing by Ron Paul on merits. Interesting.
I agree as well and this is a great point. Kucinich is essentially Paul but with a (D) next to his name. I think a very large portion of Paul supporters never really did support him in the past, just saw that (R) in the recent presidential election in which case it was OK to do so.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 AM

535 posts, read 585,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

I agree as well and this is a great point. Kucinich is essentially Paul but with a (D) next to his name. I think a very large portion of Paul supporters never really did support him in the past, just saw that (R) in the recent presidential election in which case it was OK to do so.

?? you don't understand it at all. No real Paul supporters supported Kucinich, other than his anti-war beliefs.

Back in 08 when Dennis endorsed O, any Paul supporter left, stopped thinking Dennis was anything but a scum politician like the rest.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Apparently the repubs are pinning their hopes on redistricting and voter ID laws since their candidates are laughing stocks. Joe the plumber,Palin,Santorum,etc. You get the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections