Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,948 times

Advertisements

Please watch the video before commenting. If you are not watching, please don't comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM

840 posts, read 782,454 times
Cool. This is why the Paul campaign is telling its supporters to stay after the vote at these caucus's to vote for delegates! At least I got in before the naysayers get here.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

Please watch the video before commenting. If you are not watching, please don't comment.
I think we all have the right to comment whether we watch or do not watch the video, I have said before and will over and over: Youtubes can prove anything they want, but most are not ever accurate. Now, yes, I did watch the video and what did it say? Pretty much what many of us have been saying: straw polls and caucuses are not binding, thus, the support that you might think Paul has could go down the tubes pretty fast and the winner take all states are going to kill him cause he will not win one of them or not one of any size that is.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 03-08-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we all have the right to comment whether we watch or do not watch the video, I have said before and will over and over: Youtubes can prove anything they want, but most are not ever accurate. Now, yes, I did watch the video and what did it say? Pretty much what many of us have been saying: straw polls and caucuses are not binding, thus, the support that you might think Paul has could go down the tubes pretty fast and the winner take all states are going to kill him cause he will not win one of them or not one of any size that is.

Nita
Thanks, Forum-Nanny.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,941,804 times
I couldn't find a youtube of this when I posted it in the other thread. Thanks for that. Real shame our system is so lacking in both transparency and accountability.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Nita
Interesting, coming from someone who has commented on lack of thread reading. I think the point is simply clarity of information. Not proof of anything. Not sure YouTube has any determination as to accuracy or inaccuracy of anything.

Here is some alternate info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results...tial_primaries
http://www.capitalfreepress.com/repu...location-2012/

Last edited by CDusr; 03-08-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,090,301 times
We all know how the process works. All they said in the video is that we have no idea who they will vote for. The Paul campaign claims they're all his supporters, but so do the Romney and Santorum campaigns. It's a wildcard, but fortunately caucuses are dying down and most states from here on out have to do with the popular vote. Most of those unbound delegates, as usual, will get behind the presumptive nominee at the convention. That's what always happens.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,439,135 times
Ok I watched it,heard a lot of the same stuff I heard in 2008 which didn't happen,and listened to the guy while paraphrasing a bit say "a lot of the delegates aren't bound to anyone and we understand that most of them will go to Ron Paul because only him and Romney are organized and Ronald Reagan almost pulled the same thing off".

Of course it ignores the fact that Reagan also beat Ford in many primaries and had a very high level of support within the party.......and he still didn't pull it off.

I guess we will find out in a few months whether 'most of the unbound delegates go to Ron Paul'.....many of you think they will,I think they won't.Many of you were saying a few months ago he would win many primaries and caucuses too and I said he would win none,come in second in some,but if I was wrong it would be fine with me.I like Paul all right although I don't possess the level of support for him that many on here do.

I think i'm also a realist about what kind of candidate can win a republican presidential primary and it hasn't been someone like Ron Paul since the days of Bob Taft.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:09 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
I have said before and will over and over: Youtubes can prove anything they want, but most are not ever accurate.
Nita
Oh sure why listen to the words coming out of the candidates mouth when we can read what you think they really really meant.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Oh sure why listen to the words coming out of the candidates mouth when we can read what you think they really really meant.
No, I think it is more Youtube can't be trusted. Cause people use it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections