Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,962 times

Advertisements

New York Assemb. Teresa Sayward (R)

Questions about women and womens’ health have dominated the political debate over the past weeks, and at least one female Republican lawmaker is unhappy with her party’s record. New York Assemblyman Teresa Sayward (R), who is retiring after serving a decade in Albany, told the New York political program Capital Tonight that she does not support any of her party’s presidential candidates, because of their stances on women.
Here's the article:

New York Republican Lawmaker: GOP 'Would Take Women Back Decades'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
“I do not have a favorite in the presidential race, if I had to vote today, I’d vote for Obama. Absolutely…Because I really, truly think that the candidates that are out there today for the Republican side would take women back decades.” -- Assemblywoman Teresa Sayward

Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
“I do not have a favorite in the presidential race, if I had to vote today, I’d vote for Obama. Absolutely…Because I really, truly think that the candidates that are out there today for the Republican side would take women back decades.” -- Assemblywoman Teresa Sayward
I noticed Willard has been letting Ann warm up the crowds for him lately. She's playing a larger roll in his campaign than the typical GOP Stepford Wife contribution (perfect hair and make- up, sensible shoes, smile and wave). Ann has been saying that Mitt is ALL ABOUT the single most important issue to women...which is, Romney hopes, the economy, and NOT control of their bodies.

Why, how is a homemaker EVAH gonna pun-lease her man when she keeps ex-ceedin' the grocery budget he sets for her???

We'll see if women let Romney get away with trying to change the subject away from the GOP's favorite topic-social issues- which is apparently a euphemism for Republicans wanting to shove cameras into women's vaginas.

My sense is, the GOP has done lasting damage to their chances for women's votes this fall.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
wow ... a republican even I might vote for .. hmmmm.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I think the GOP is going to have a problem attracting more women voters this election.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,396 times
i already said all of the 3 stooges that stand for big government and social conservatism which does not matter in government and government should NOT be regulating, instead wont focus on what really matters fiscal conservatism.

and oh well then.

now they are even turning away a lot of republican voters and they still wont consider the only decent human being running in the republican party.

must give them a headache since the media black out wont let them think of him. eh?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,952 times
I love the way you lefties continue to make sure the subject is NOT on obama. Anything but complete and total failure...right?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I love the way you lefties continue to make sure the subject is NOT on obama. Anything but complete and total failure...right?
Because he's not. Why does the radical right troll every thread into some kind of "bash Obama" trash? Unable to comprehend basic conversation and that even someone in their own party has to sense to know today's GOP are nothing but radical right wing extremists?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
This just show the people call "Republican" and the people call "Democrats" are really just big government party.

They made Orwell proud.

The US go from "All people are being equal" -> "All people are being equal, just some people are more equal than others"

Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekenson View Post
Ann Romney was hot when she was younger. She's a mess now though.
what does that have to do with this thread may i ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections