Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,435,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Yes. When you vote against your own self interest.
It is not in anybody's self-interest to kill the goose that lays golden eggs...unless a person plans on never being of any value to anyone else, anyway, so grabbing for all you can get makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,023,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Kinda sucks for you. There are way more dems than repubs so get used to it.
Statistics fail to support your assertions.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:18 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,787,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morant View Post
Can someone tell me where in New Jersey is the lenox warehouse outlet.
Voting republican means voting for the status quo and being happy being a poor minority, id rather stick to being a dem. Don't see a point in the GOP and race baited politics.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:28 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,941,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
It is not in anybody's self-interest to kill the goose that lays golden eggs...unless a person plans on never being of any value to anyone else, anyway, so grabbing for all you can get makes sense.
I love it how we're using a fantasy as an allegory.

"I dunno why the goose keeps laying them eggs! It's magic! Don't mess with it!"

Well, how many golden eggs get kicked down to the average American?

Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 PM

513 posts, read 583,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Voting republican means voting for the status quo and being happy being a poor minority, id rather stick to being a dem. Don't see a point in the GOP and race baited politics.
Yes because voting Democrat for the past 50 years has worked out so well for minorities

And BTW, the Democrats own race-baiting politics. Every time their Marxist ideology is proven false by reality, the first thing they do is scream that their opponents are racist. Like the boy who cried wolf, they've cried racism so much over the past few years, the accusation no longer has any meaning. The election of a half black man as President was just the icing on the cake.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 PM

2,300 posts, read 2,044,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I mean here's a group that not only votes themselves the power to dictate how other people live their lives, but also votes themselves other people's property. These people refer to their votes as "voting in their best interests." Really? It's in your best interest to use the government to control other people's lives and seize their private property? What gives you this divine right to rule over us like feudal lords? And then like Karl Marx, you people accuse your political opponents of what you do.

How else would you describe a group of people who votes away others' liberty while simultaneously voting themselves others' property? Greedy and selfish doesn't even scratch the surface.
The OQ (original question) was, Is there anything more greedy and selfish than voting Democrat?? I'm going with a "yes"

Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,883,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Ever since the 1930s democrats have been in favor of having an equitable tax burden on everyone and the Republicans have shamelessly fought against it and pushed for placing the greatest tax burden on the middle class, while working to eliminate taxes on the extremely wealthy. Romney is simply following Bush in this regard, and Bush was simply following Reagan.

Romney’s and Obama’s tax plans, in one chart - The Washington Post

Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,400,873 times
Sure there is!

It's called voting Republican.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,086,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I mean here's a group that not only votes themselves the power to dictate how other people live their lives, but also votes themselves other people's property. These people refer to their votes as "voting in their best interests." Really? It's in your best interest to use the government to control other people's lives and seize their private property? What gives you this divine right to rule over us like feudal lords? And then like Karl Marx, you people accuse your political opponents of what you do.

How else would you describe a group of people who votes away others' liberty while simultaneously voting themselves others' property? Greedy and selfish doesn't even scratch the surface.
I do not feel that social programs are selfish in the least.... however...

I think that Democrats are very selfish the way the coddle women and minorities and try to make victims out of them purposely to gain support

Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,131,949 times
The only thing that rolls downhill is crap and that's what the Repubs shovel...their idea of fixing America by giving better meals to the rich so we can grab better crumbs off the floor that fall from their table...I say screw 'em,let them eat rocks with no salt for all I care...that's what they think of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections