Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,562 times

Advertisements

I’m not suggesting that at all. That’s obviously your opinion towards blacks.

For you to even ask “how exactly are Republican candidates racist” shows everybody you haven’t been following their campaigns. I’ll give you a few examples; voter suppression tactics, Newt Gingrich’s racist comments, Santorum’s racist comments and the all-white events where 90% of the attendees think Obama is a communist, Muslim that hates white people. You can’t identify the pattern here?

I never mentioned Obama was pro black. Only that his policies and the black communities line up much better than anything out of the GOP.

Let’s face it. Your upset that black people vote their interest and they can see right through the GOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Are you suggesting that blacks are akin to herd animals and vote as a single, mindless entity?

How exactly are any of these Republican candidates anti-black?

How exactly is Obama pro-black, and you can't cheat by using the awesome 40% black teen unemployment stat either.

Obama Causes Welfare Chaos In Detroit - YouTube!
Welcome to ObamaVille - BTW he is pro-black. LOL

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube
This is the America you seem to want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
And some wonder why blacks don't vote Republican. We have endless debates about it in fact on CD. I don't wonder at all. To me, there is just no mystery.
Yesterday I saw Deneen Borelli and C. L. Bryant talking to Glenn Beck and they admitted that few blacks agree with them in wanting to help their people by pulling them away from the Democrat plantation life but both say they aren't going to stop trying.

Borellii and Bryant agreed that in the present day US the lowest people in our society are conservative blacks just above conservative whites. I got a real laugh out of the way Beck told it. He said we are very near the day when public water fountains will say that conservatives and dogs are not allowed to use them.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yesterday I saw Deneen Borelli and C. L. Bryant talking to Glenn Beck and they admitted that few blacks agree with them in wanting to help their people by pulling them away from the Democrat plantation life but both say they aren't going to stop trying.

Borellii and Bryant agreed that in the present day US the lowest people in our society are conservative blacks just above conservative whites. I got a real laugh out of the way Beck told it. He said we are very near the day when public water fountains will say that conservatives and dogs are not allowed to use them.
The conservative persecution fantasy is bizarre, Roy. I grew up in a conservative household, so I am familiar with it. Even in the 80s, it struck me as weird. Now I see it for what it is. Some conservatives (not all by any stretch) interpret their inability to force their narrow views on the majority as persecution. So, they think that not being able to force the kids at the local school to pray to THEIR God is discrimination. Um, no.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,399 times
I think my issue with voting democrat is primarily how they throw us all under the same guise, of being a poor, downtrodden monolith. As far as I'm concerned, much of their advocacy is helpful for the poorest blacks, but not necessarily the middle class (which they pretend doesn't exist); hence why I take a strong look at Republican candidates now and vote on individual issues that align with my personal beliefs.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Roy

Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m not suggesting that at all. That’s obviously your opinion towards blacks.

For you to even ask “how exactly are Republican candidates racist” shows everybody you haven’t been following their campaigns. I’ll give you a few examples; voter suppression tactics, Newt Gingrich’s racist comments, Santorum’s racist comments and the all-white events where 90% of the attendees think Obama is a communist, Muslim that hates white people. You can’t identify the pattern here?

I never mentioned Obama was pro black. Only that his policies and the black communities line up much better than anything out of the GOP.

Let’s face it. Your upset that black people vote their interest and they can see right through the GOP.
What exactly is the Black interest? Is it different than the American interest?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I really don;t thnik republicans now even think of getting much of the black vote and haven't for deacdes.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I really don;t thnik republicans now even think of getting much of the black vote and haven't for deacdes.
They'd like to get some black votes, but they can't afford to lose any of the white racist vote. It's pretty simple. You can't get both. If Republicans ever quit pandering to the white racist voter, they will begin to get some black voters -- certain aspects of their platform are attractive to many of the black professionals I work with. None of them are damn fool enough to vote for a party that panders to people who are one degree of seperation away from the KKK.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The conservative persecution fantasy is bizarre, Roy. I grew up in a conservative household, so I am familiar with it. Even in the 80s, it struck me as weird. Now I see it for what it is. Some conservatives (not all by any stretch) interpret their inability to force their narrow views on the majority as persecution. So, they think that not being able to force the kids at the local school to pray to THEIR God is discrimination. Um, no.
It's fascinating, isn't it?

These mostly straight white males (my demographic, FWIW) who are convinced theirs is the most oppressed in the country. We consist of approximately 30% of the population. Yet any glance at Congress, Governors, state legislators, mayors, city council members, general officers, CEOs, college and university board members, school district superintendents, police chiefs, you name it -- shows that they are overhwelmingly straight white males.

Yet, somehow -- mind-bogglingly so -- some of us (I use the 'us' while cringing) somehow manage to delude themselves into thinking that this group, consisting of less than a 1/3rd of the population yet occupying the vast majority of positions of control in the country -- are somehow oppressed.

How pathetic...

Last edited by Green Onions; 03-14-2012 at 11:38 AM..

Old 03-14-2012, 11:05 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
I think most black voters like most white voters are too lazy to do any actual research of their own. They depend upon comercials and campaign slogans to for their voting opinion. How many actually do a fact check?
We have all seen the interviews where the reporter actually switches the names of candidates and quotes them.
Oddly enough when the voter hears Obama was for this they jump on it like great idea. That is if they were Obama supporters. When later told that it was actually Mccain that said it the people were like no that was Obama I remember. LOL
My point is lazy voters vote talking points. The black community has been programed for decades to hate the gop and not surprisingly they do.
6 more years and I am leaving this insane assylum.
I really dont want to watch it die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections