Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,055,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the link about the lies Santorum continues to spread.

Santorum Claims California Universities Don't Teach American History
I am not a Santorum supporter but have you been involved in a Ca university recently? He is probably pretty much right on, Ca universities teach History they way they want with the left leaning professors putting thier own slant on everything.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM

374 posts, read 814,556 times
This guy and Ginrich are just staying in the race out of spite. Like a couple of spoiled brats that didn't get their way. They have to realize people are just laughing at them at this point.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,745,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not a Santorum supporter but have you been involved in a Ca university recently? He is probably pretty much right on, Ca universities teach History they way they want with the left leaning professors putting thier own slant on everything.

Nita
All but one teach history and that one is strictly a medical school.
Just about anything would be a left leaning slant compared to your
ideas. You know it's true.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM

4,184 posts, read 4,200,903 times
Quote:

Nita
This is not just CA university. It is all public university. All materials must be approved by the Federal Government before they can be taught to student.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,460,404 times
Most California Universities teach history, a quick look at their curricula will show that Santorum is just not informed on the matter.
Astounds me that this idiot can even be considered for presidential status.
He will tell his followers anything they want to hear in the hope his delusions of grandeur can be fullfilled,
Lord help us all if this numb-skull ever gets elected to the White house as it will be a never ending series of ooops moments and bad decisions.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,961,301 times
As with Michelle Bachmann, there's not much relationship between reality and the words that emanate from Rick Santorum.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:27 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,961,301 times
Quote:

Nita
I'm sure Rick Santorum appreciates your spin. But here's what he said:
"I think it’s seven or eight of the California system of universities don’t even teach an American history course. It’s not even available to be taught."

You may not be a Rick Santorum supporter, but you're obviously willing to try and put a positive spin on has flat-out false statements. Every single one of them, all 10 UC campuses, all 23 CSU campuses, teach American history courses.

Not only is he lying/ignorant (take your pick) of whether or not they teach American history courses, they not only teach them but require at least one for graduation.

Last edited by Green Onions; 04-03-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,182,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Does this fool not realize yet that facts can be checked? No need for a
"Deep Throat" to expose Righteous Rick's lies...he lays them right on the table. Someone needs to tell this misguided Catholic that he's breaking one of the Ten Commandments, regularly.
Saint-orum lives in another century. He thinks that news is still spread by town criers.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,337,600 times
Quote:

Nita
Yes I have and no they don't. American History courses are pretty basic stuff no matter how you "slant" it. Fortunately college people often have brains.

Last edited by Ceece; 04-03-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM

26,651 posts, read 15,199,670 times
Quote:

Nita
When I saw the title of the thread this is what I was guessing Santorum meant. That they don't teach American history for what he believes it should be, but rather as "teaching social justice" as my University encouraged me to teach history.

However, if the 33 second (or whatever it was) snippet was a true representation of his entire thought, he was not going down this path. That snippet was clear that he thinks they don't actually offer a course - period.

Santorum is an embarrassment to the GOP and he enables the democrats on this board and elsewhere to make generalized attacks on all Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections