Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,914,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
From another thread...

Rosen wasn’t drawing a distinction between mothers who work inside and outside of the home, she was saying that women who do NOT work outside of the home DO NOT HAVE THE INTELLECT or the RIGHT to participate in a conversation about women in American society, or about much of anything else. Her remarks were designed to BELITTLE such women as empty, stupid, uninformed blobs of uterus attached to the men in their lives who do all of their thinking for them. Such women, in her view, should keep their ignorant mouths shut because they have nothing of merit to say. Rosen’s remarks are stunningly misogynistic, and should be offensive to everyone with women in their lives whom they respect, admire, look to for guidance, and share a life with.
Ah, see, now I didn't hear her say any of this. You will, of course, provide a link to show us all where she said all of this, right?

Because all I heard her say was this: "She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing." Which is absolutely true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Ah, see, now I didn't hear her say any of this. You will, of course, provide a link to show us all where she said all of this, right?

Because all I heard her say was this: "She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing." Which is absolutely true.
Well, if you would put down your Obama pom-pons for a nanosecond, you'd see that what I explained is EXACTLY what she was saying.

But, power and politics trumps intellectual honesty and principle for liberals, so I'm sure you will never acknowledge what she was saying for what it truly was.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Here's what Ms. Rosen said: "She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing—in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school."

She certainly never had to deal with the struggles of putting food on the table while juggling a job.

Please show me where Ms. Rosen said anything insulting about stay at home moms. And please tell me how what Ms. Rosen said regarding Ann not being in touch with ordinary American women is not true.
Untrue on both counts

It was heard exactly how Hilary Rosen said it. In tone
and delivery. Not only was the implication/insult there, it was obvious.
It made my eyes roll the first time I heard it, just as it does right now.

Rosen and folks like her, are acting like Ann Romney had a frontal lobotomy.

The notion that rich women via marriage know nothing about life, money,
balancing acts is as ridiculous as it gets. Or that wealthy folks don't know
anything about everyday folks and their struggles.

While I don't usually like to compare America to England, I will say this.
In England, they called Princess Diana the People's Princess. They didn't
call her that stupid women with kids who didn't work. Nor did
they think she was void of compassion, or understanding the sick,
because of it.

More like, in spite of it.

Does Rosen know that Mother Theresa came from a
well off family, yet she quite understood the pain
of the extreme poor in India.

Ann Romney may not have struggled to put food on her table, but
I'm positive she has helped put food on the table of unfortunate
families with children, throughout her adult life.

If the Democratic Party wants an all out war against everyone who has
done well and prospers in this country, maybe they aren't fit to
represent America, and the one thing/opportunity that has truly made
America great; "Only in America"

Is the Dem Party going to start bashing Don King next? Just asking

Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, if you would put down your Obama pom-pons for a nanosecond, you'd see that what I explained is EXACTLY what she was saying.
In other words, you have fabricated your own "explanation" of what Rosen said, rather than, you know, talking about what she ACTUALLY said. And now you're upset because we don't all accept your fabrication as fact--because, well, it's fabricated. Have I got that right?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:21 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
She knew that, by converting and marrying this guy, it meant "no career necessary." No one said raising kids is NOT hard work; however, it's easier than negotiating a career ladder.
Oh please, negotiating a career ladder is a piece of cake
What you need, is a more positive attitude

And tell me, if you had a chance to marry a guy you fell in love with
who happened to be rich and good looking, and you didn't.
What are you, dumb?

Old 04-12-2012, 03:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,367,288 times
I find it laughable that a mother of 5 would be expected to work. Rosen adopted two and took off from work. If Ann Romney is not an authority on family economics, maybe Rosen is not the greatest authority on motherhood, never having given birth.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 PM

14,532 posts, read 11,359,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Ann $Romney = Stepford Wife
I didn't think Stepford wives got cancer and MS. Learn something new everyday.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I didn't think Stepford wives got cancer and MS. Learn something new everyday.
And I didn't think having cancer and MS made someone a credible voice about economic issues facing American woman. You're right, you do learn something new every day.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,489,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
And tell me, if you had a chance to marry a guy you fell in love with
who happened to be rich and good looking, and you didn't.
What are you, dumb?
When it involves a drastic conversion to a religion which you have to "learn to love" (can be any religion), then it's pretty questionable. In fact, the late Princess Diana had a thing for Muslim men in her single days, considering conversion to make it "a go," though the traditional parents of her suitors didn't care for it. It's not as if there weren't dark Brits she could have chased after.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I find it laughable that a mother of 5 would be expected to work.
My mother had five kids and she worked through most of my childhood. Not because she wanted to, but because she had no choice. And that's the point. Ann didn't have to face that kind of reality, but a whole lot of other women do, on a daily basis, out here in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections