Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Quote:
First off I do not see how saying someone has ever worked a day in their life is ttacking someone,
Try looking at the context of the statement. Was the statement out of the blue or trying to make some point? It was an attack, or the dem bigwigs would not be distancing themselves from it.

That said, I am against going after someones family, stick to the issues and only the issues. I would also say that I find it interesting that someone from the right would be "outraged" over this since we all know how they have treated the families of Dems for many years now, this thread smells of Hypocracy.
That smell of hypocracy is something this administration and all of its supporters should be very familiar with, considering their platform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
These threads are hilarious! Both of them should really be titled:

"Repugs Finally Realized Their War on Women has been Brought to the Forefront, Is Losing Them Votes, and Now, since they can't defend their miserable record, are lashing out like spoiled two-year-olds.""

Fun to watch them spittin' and asputterin' , trying to do their
"""Ya, but, but, but some Democrat somewhere said something that might be an attack on women if we twist it and spin it enough and make ourselves look really stupid and desperate!!!"""
If this is so laughably meaningless, why are top Obama aids rushing to distance the administration from the statement? Made by one of their faithful?

Talk about tryin g to spin something, but that is what the dems do best.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Exactly. Ann Romney is white, though. Different rules apply. That's how I see it.
I was wondering when some idiot would bring race into this

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 AM

15,877 posts, read 21,477,351 times
Fun fact - I fought cancer while working FULL TIME, like so many others I met in the chemo lounge. We didn't have the option of staying at home. While I respect that Ann Romney has been through hell, she cannot possibly relate to the special brand of hell the vast majority of us face while constantly concerned about losing our homes, being homeless, not being able to afford bills, etc etc. It's a slap in the face when the Romney team tries to push her out there as someone who can relate.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,217,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Fun fact - I fought cancer while working FULL TIME, like so many others I met in the chemo lounge. We didn't have the option of staying at home. While I respect that Ann Romney has been through hell, she cannot possibly relate to the special brand of hell the vast majority of us face while constantly concerned about losing our homes, being homeless, not being able to afford bills, etc etc. It's a slap in the face when the Romney team tries to push her out there as someone who can relate.
And THAT was the point of the comment about Ann Romney if you don't just cherry pick one sentence out of the comments and twist them. Ann Romney has never HAD to work outside the home to make ends meet. She's never had to worry about paying bills, or struggled to take care of her kids while she's holding down a full time job. Being a stay at home mom is a very hard job--I've done it myself--but it's not the same as working full time because the family won't survive if you don't, and trying to raise kids at the same time.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,155,747 times
If Ann Romney was running for public office, then she would be fair game. She's not.

And as we know, no one here ever attacks the first lady.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
The mask slips.........

Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If Ann Romney was running for public office, then she would be fair game. She's not.

Fair game or not, claiming being a mother isn't work, is just plain dumb. And an attack on stay at home mothers to boot.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,583,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

No one is attacking Ann Romney. If you had actually read Rosen's words you would know that.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
This is the true side of progressivism. Even through its self-perpetuating political correctness, Democrats true feelings slip out sometimes. Which is precisely why I routinely refer to Democrats as scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections