Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times

Advertisements

Who knew Newt actually could have a sane view? Even he know fox is nothing but trash.

"In what some might consider an act of GOP political suicide, Newt Gingrich slammed Fox News earlier this week, saying that the cable news channel has favored Mitt Romney throughout the 2012 Republican race--and that CNN has been the more "fair-and-balanced" network this cycle."

"I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through," Gingrich said during a meeting with Tea Party leaders in Delaware on Wednesday

"In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact."

Newt Gingrich:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Who Newt actually could have a sane view? Even he know fox is nothing but trash.

"In what some might consider an act of GOP political suicide, Newt Gingrich slammed Fox News earlier this week, saying that the cable news channel has favored Mitt Romney throughout the 2012 Republican race--and that CNN has been the more "fair-and-balanced" network this cycle."

"I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through," Gingrich said during a meeting with Tea Party leaders in Delaware on Wednesday

"In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact."

Newt Gingrich:
Finally some truth about the propaganda station

Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,340 times
Sounds like sour grapes to me, but whatevs.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:53 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Who Newt actually could have a sane view? Even he know fox is nothing but trash.

Newt Gingrich:
It takes personal experience for some people to see these things apparently. I disagree with the words in red. It isn't just this year, CNN has been less biased than Fox or MSNBC for quite some time. Anyone who has watched all three should be able to see this. I am a liberal but have no problem admitting that MSNBC (although some of the shows or anchors are objective) leans to the left, unlike some of the Fox News viewers who are still saying that Fox News is fair and balanced. Anyone who just wants news should try BBC, Al-Jazeera or PBS.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
How can you use "more likely" and "that's just a fact" in the same sentence? "More likely" asserts that the element of possibility exists.....whereas saying something is a "fact" doesn't leave room for other possibilities. You can't "more likely" have bias and then say that such bias is "a fact."

I've seen these interchanges used in the same sentence by politicians several times. I don't think they know they do it....it's just engrained in their psyche to be evasive and semantically safe.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,172 times
Default Newt Gingrich commits political suicide

Newt Gingrich:

I'm not that old, so maybe this has happened before, but I never thought a conservative would bash Fox News; especially for being bias.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Newt Gingrich:

I'm not that old, so maybe this has happened before, but I never thought a conservative would bash Fox News; especially for being bias.
Other than the crazies in the GOP, I suspect the majority of people who vote with the party will view Gingrich's comments as positive. They're some of the most intelligent I've heard from him in a while. He's correct about FOX ... this year.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,957,662 times
He turns 69 years old in two months -- how can he commit political suicide when he had no political life left to begin with?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,077,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
He turns 69 years old in two months -- how can he commit political suicide when he had no political life left to begin with?
fair enough

Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Newt Gingrich:

Except, everything Gingrich said is true. I was so disgusted with Fox News during the primaries that I watched election coverage on CNN. I have not returned to Fox News. I no longer watch any of their shows from 6PM through primetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections