Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Talking to women that work I get a different opinion than the right may think. Pretty much all women in average families work and raise kids. They are not impressed with Mrs Romneys privileged pampered life and Mitt bragging about it. Lets face it,she has no clue what regular families go through. Does she not have a nanny,butler,gardener,and assistant? I don't know but I bet she does. This will back fire on the romneys.
On another thread, it's been said that the Romneys have five "maids".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Wait until Mormonism goes under the microscope: Sexism in the Mormon Church

I have a colleague who left the Mormon religion because of the sexism as soon as she turned 18.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The only women Paul might lose are the extremely liberal one issues voters who want to be able to have an abortion whenever they please. They'll learn that personally Paul is anti-abortion and won't think about him for a moment afterwards. Needless to say,these will be the women who don't really do their homework and find out that Paul thinks abortion rights should be a state's issue. Also these women will be narrow minded and selfish enough to not care or realized that there are more important issues at hand such as our very basic FREEDOM, the destruction of our CURRENCY by the Federal Reserve and that wars are being fought for frivolous reasons at our expense. These important issues aren't important to these women. Rather they place their social/sex lives above all other issues.
Seeing that Paul has all of 15 delegates (or whatever), I think your claim is just a wee bit, perhaps teensy weensy bit inflated.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,644,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He doesn't and the right wing goons don't seem to care. It's almost every day there is new legislation attacking women from the GOP.
Good job.! Continue to repeat the lies of the left. The only war on women is being waged by democrats. They continue to make up stuff and then run with it, hoping something will catch on so you don't have to talk about obama's dismal record... A vote for obama is a vote for the destruction of America...
Women aren't stupid, they see through the lies...

Old 04-14-2012, 11:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wait until Mormonism goes under the microscope: Sexism in the Mormon Church

I have a colleague who left the Mormon religion because of the sexism as soon as she turned 18.
I thought liberals didn't judge people by their religion, color of their skin, sexual orientation, etc. It is appearing this isn't the case.

Nita

Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought liberals didn't judge people by their religion, color of their skin, sexual orientation, etc. It is appearing this isn't the case.

Nita

lol...isn't that what they pretend. They are the biggest hypocrites in the world obviously and are extremely judgemental when it benefits them.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I really don't see how Romney recovers from his 19 percent deficit amongst female voters.

Not beating a Kennedy in Massachusetts is hardly earth shattering. A Republican winning the governorship there is though.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
what the devil are you talking about?
1) Something big regarding Romney will likely come to light just prior to the election. It might be about his religion, his tax shelters, who he associates with, something with those five sons, etc. I am not saying that is "right," I am just saying that will probably happen...just like W's DWI arrest come to light right before the 2000 election.

2) Republicans cannot have it both ways & on one hand say it's the woman's "choice" to work at home, raising her children, and on the other hand enact policies that make that choice close to impossible for working families (i.e., fight against raising minimum wage/union wages for the working spouse, oppose health care reform, not reducing interest rates for student loans, etc.).

3) If Republicans really felt that staying home to raise one's children is so important and that "every life is precious," then they would put their $$ where their mouths are like some of the other industrialized countries and assist low income families who have young children so that can happen. Instead, they expect low income women to "go out and get a job" without any child care assistance and are OK with the abysmally low wages/nonexistent benefits of female-dominated entry-level employment.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Nita
It's not the liberals I'm talking about that will judge him this way.

It's the independents.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM

14,032 posts, read 15,048,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Not beating a Kennedy in Massachusetts is hardly earth shattering. A Republican winning the governorship there is though.
Niether is Earth-shattering, Romney continued repulbican Governship of Massachusetts, and it spanned back to 1991 and went to 2007, and the Largest ever Margin in a Masschusetts Gublitorial Election was 71-29 won by William Weld, a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections